Sign in to follow this  
Tikki

CA's trapping dragons in mine

can anything be done about the trapping of dragon's in a mine ? thought the spawn increase was to help the community host dragon slayings not to harvest them all away for just a few to kill..seems to be  one on release server , one stuck in a mine =\ caN THIS be looked into , thanks also :o

Also using a dragon to attack players while traveling I believe is an exploit. This happened to me and was witnessed.

Using a dragon to attack players sounds like it falls under Griefing for a PvE server. I would hope any CAs (who should know the rules) would not be involved in this sort of activity. 

In addition, it seems a great irony if a "Community Assistant" sets out to ruin a community event. 

Maybe they are not really community minded enough for such a position?

The griefing allegation however should absolutely be immediately  forwarded to Enki or whoever handles such allegations.

• Like 4

For PvP servers, sure it's a valid and time-honored tactic.

PvE is another matter.

• Like 1

i would think Ca's have the same rights as anyone else when it comes to dragons. If they want to trap in a mine  nothing is stopping them from it,  just like any other player.  There is nothing stated anywhere that I know of that trapping a dragon is not allowed.  I have seen the damage they do , and it is work.

If it is a CA griefing with a dragon, then the person to handle it would be MommaDarkness.... However CA only applies to their position as an honored helper in the help channel. However, I believe they are held to a higher standard than other wurmians.

• Like 2

Trapping is fine even on PvE afaik, it's the using it to kill players part that would be an issue.

• Like 1

Don't they reset their spawn to the outside when the server restarts?  Also i am sure Rolf was smart enough to take the egg laying part out so no need to keep them penned up anyway other then to kill them.

well if the community is fine with this , then i guess so am i =\

I am more concerned with the CA part than I am with anything else. With a community as small as Release, it hurts us more to have an official act this way. I mean whatever technicality exists that they can be s in game, doesn't take from the fact that the intention of a CA is to HELP a community... hence the word Community Assistant. But I guess if that's how the community feels... what a community to belong to ... :proud: -_-

Community Assistant

Not Community Organizer or whatever you want him to be.

Most of the CA's I know have been very active in "assisting the community" by organizing unique hunts. (Xcapi, Jdbooker, Dksprocket, Urb, just to name a few)

It's a lot of work and can be very frustrating for certain. I commend them for their efforts.

Pulling the uniques into mines until the community fight, keeps the unique secure until the event can be organized. It also reduced lag considerably and protects anyone passing by, from certain death. It's worth noting, that the uniques cause great havoc to mines and it usually takes a considerable amount of work to fix the damage caused.

If however they are being penned for private fights, that is their right as a player.

We may not agree with it but, I would recommend you question the ability to pen the uniques up rather than calling out CA's in general.

Personally I love the ability to pull them into a mine for the kill. Lag is reduced, anyone not partaking in the fight can stay safely above ground and are still awarded blood and hide. etc

Should all unique fights be public? It would be nice, but I don't see that ever happening with current mechanics.

• Like 1

You guys can't twist their job definitions simply because of the words put into their title.  They're essentially players who help answer questions.  I think you should ask yourself if this thread would exist if it was an 'average' player trapping dragons.

• Like 1

You guys can't twist their job definitions simply because of the words put into their title.  They're essentially players who help answer questions.  I think you should ask yourself if this thread would exist if it was an 'average' player trapping dragons.

it would be just with a different title 

There have been quite a few threads over the years regarding the practice of trapping unique. Wall-bashing for example is a relatively new feature to avoid some types of traps.

Mines are still popular because code wise surface and underground are technically two separate maps, so pathfinding on the transit points for mobs gets wonky. See tower guards.

If a CA used a dragon to  grief a player as described above then yes  that does need looking in to .  That is separate from   dragon in a mine.

no naming and shaming

no PM screenshots or logs with names redacted

this thread gets a strong 5 to light 6 from me

next time try to add some more content (aka half truths) in order to illicit more of a response

• Like 4

Suspend the CA and investigate it, if found guilty add a guillotine to the game and have another CA organize a public execution.

• Like 2

This ^

• Like 1

Unfortunately CA's are only players that are entrusted with the task of helping new players in CA channel "officially"; they are not however held to a higher standard and only held to the same standards of accountability as other players.

However, trapping dragons in mines does need to be looked at. This was removed back with the original red dragon of deliverance and I think is only back now due to the new models. As far as I am aware their is currently a white dragon on Xanadu locked in a mine and I have heard rumors of others being locked away; I have personally witnessed even the red dragon though being locked in a mine till a hunt begin at which point it was released.

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 1

Unfortunately CA's ... are not however held to a higher standard and only held to the same standards of accountability as other players.

This is not true, but equally it's not fair on the CA's for them to be limited in their activities because an action that other players do to gain from, is seen as money grabbing and somehow unfair when a staff member does it.

In this instance there are two things to look at, firstly the act of penning the dragon: Does it matter that it's a CA rather than a player? Not in my mind. They have as much right to do this as any other player. If players are concerned about such creatures being able to be trapped when things have been done in the past to try and prevent it, then that is a matter for the devs and should be brought up as a bug report with full details on how such activity is possible.

Secondly, the matter of using it to attack players. Assuming that this very simple line is correct, this is griefing on PvE and if a normal player was doing it, a /support to the GM's with evidence etc. would be the way to go. If it' a CA, a /support would also work for the attention of Mammadarkness. Though obviously almost all cases like this are more complex than they seem on the surface. Certainly in this kind of instance a CA would be held more accountable than 'normal' players.

I started typing this long before Shrimpiie got involved :P

• Like 14