Sign in to follow this  
LilyPhoenix

Edit: Wharftown Phoenix Keep Canal Finished!

*snip*

Thanks so much everybody!

Edited by LilyPhoenix
  • Like 6

Is the floor already mined out? In other words, can you have your boat right next to them when you mine? or would we have to bring large carts/small carts with us on our boats?

Edited by williamwierd

Unfortunately the floor is not yet mined out due to the location of some of the veins (two of the veins are in the tiles/walls along the water side of the canal) and thus the floor hasn't been lowered yet so on-foot access can still be made - the two eastern rows of tiles will be being mined down as deep as we can go when all the veins in the way of those two rows are out (one Very Good and two Good). The entrances on both ends have been mined in slightly though so you can at least get a boat inside and parked near the entrance, and unload a cart/whatever mode of transportation. Alternatively I don't mind lending my wagon to the endeavour of moving crates around if I can be online!

Updated first post with a screenshot of access - currently still working on terraforming eastern-coastal access on the northern end of the canal, but the pathway on the western edge does reach round to Northern Castle and connected landmass. Connection to Wharftown is fairly easy coming from Tabula Rasa direction, but there is not currently any eastern pathway planned for the southern edge of the canal (dirt constraints right now!).

Edited by LilyPhoenix

Nice

Ive been looking for some Zinc, and I am just down the ridge  line a bit so Ill come on over :)

Bump for Lily - only 2 Zinc veins (both 3k-5k, good and very good iirc) remaining in the main canal tunnel as well as a few <5k left in the walls of the canal that Lily wants gone too.  Looooooongtime project that is getting close to finally wrapping up!  I'll imp up any damaged picks back to 70+ for folks if anybody needs, or provide 70QL picks for free to anybody who wants to help.

Edited by nineol

The last veins were cut out tonight, thankyou very much everybody!

Can everyone who popped by please drop me or Nineol/Lanys a PM or a tell IG to let us know? I have been putting a name on each Lamp that lines the Canal Walkway, and I wouldn't like to miss anyone out :)

• Like 1

I was one of the first to come smack iron nodes and glad to hear of the progress. well done!

Arathorn was there last weekend. I imped the guard tower back above 50 as well :)

Arathorn was there last weekend. I imped the guard tower back above 50 as well :)

Ya, (slow loud claping), indeed you did a great job imping to 50Ql

Ya, (slow loud claping), indeed you did a great job imping to 50Ql

You got a problem with me take it to PM's please.

...Yeah, Hoppy, there's really no need to be like that at all. I appreciate the guard tower being maintained. Thanks Arathorn.

Grats Lily!  I never did get back there for more zinc, sorry about that. Glad to see it all got mined out finally :)

Lily is there a map with access roads indicated?  I cannot seem to find one.  Thanks

There's not, but I will try and make one. I still need to finish off terraforming the eastern roads, but am low on dirt. I'll do it when I can! (When Wurm stops hating me long enough I can login, too!)

There's not, but I will try and make one. I still need to finish off terraforming the eastern roads, but am low on dirt. I'll do it when I can! (When Wurm stops hating me long enough I can login, too!)

When and if you get closer to the eastern shore of Triangle lake, lets talk. You will be running to the south of my deed (Northern Wall Citadel) and we might have to get creative in the NE corner because there is a huge expance of clay both on my deed and south of it running into the lake.

Plus I have some plans running to the south we should eventually talk about so we can eventually make everything "hook-up". :) 

No hurry, I am in constant search of dirt as well :)