Sign in to follow this  
zalifear

The History of Zalifear

When I awoke here, the dim lights in the forest were shining in the trees. There was a small building and a person standing up the road. It was night and from what I could see there were others. A few neat roads lead away from where I remember waking and knew that the roads lead to the world before me. This day I still can’t remember if it was a man or a woman standing there, the darkness of the night clouds my perception. I do remember however that they gave me a bit of advice on some iron that had been discovered in a cave not far away. This moment would start the Wurm life and accolades of Zalifear. 

GOLDEN VALLEY

It was late 2009 and I had been looking for a great game to play besides Runescape. When I first found Wurm it was very rough around the edges and a huge mystery as to what was really waiting behind the massive landscapes Wurm Provides us. My girlfriend at the time which some know as my wife was playing along side me for years miss foreverskyz. Wonderful lady and great companion of mine for along time. As Wurm goes there was no lack of mistakes. We had tried to fuel a forge with rock shards got our iron twenty coins and been chased by a wolf in the 1st hour. Then a guide named Nefertiti If I recall correct showed us to a small spot under glitter dale mountain. Our first shack was lopsided and the fence though fresh appeared to be falling down around us. There was a small place that was abandoned in a field close by. The area itself was just down the south slope of glitterdale mountain where the starting area was. 
The weeks past and as all good Wurmians do we decided to expand. Our skills now getting better we crafted more and made preparation to make a move and a bigger place.  We scouted parts of the abandoned spot and found a nice flat area that was already in use a time or two before us. We met Hordern (arch GM now) shortly after this point. I had gotten hurt and gave my iron 20 coin away for a healing cover. That day a venerable horse had gotten attached to our cart and I tried to fight it off. Little did I know venerable horses were tough as a dragon at that point. So the story went where I cried help because a phantom horse bit me. 

The new place was coming along well, we had all our things moved, the house a two by two was built and we had a decent back yard, except a random forge that was there driving my OCD crazy. My 1st meeting with GM Enki was on a day like any other and he was there for some reason. I asked him about removing the forge and he said he was not allowed and it had to rust naturally. So life went on and I started hunting soon after that. My first hunting trip was with Hordern who lived not far away to the east I believe. Till this day I can swear that was the biggest mountain in Wurm. Well it was not but, at that time the mole hill in compare was huge in epic size to me. He had taken me around the mountain tooting an axe and I was in chain I think, this is foggy here. It got dark and we camped, I still can’t remember what happen but there was a few laughs and a lot of wine. Maybe that was a dream. In any case we returned with meat and ate for awhile off the gathering we did. Hordern was busy again after that and was not seen much. He came on one day and asked if Skyz and I would care for his farm for a bit. Little did I know then he was wrestling sharks or something. By the time he had return I had messed up a few fields and dug in an area I couldn’t drop dirt back. My farming remains 20 till this day, because I am no farmer! Besides messing up a future Arch Gms farm and dying a few times, I had started an epic project. Which at that time consisted of  about 30 tall stone walls, if you know anything about golden valley then you know this wasn’t a small deal. I had a vision that month, also I learned to flatten a tile and that you could dig! It was over after I L2dig! I flatten a spot and made a mini paradise inside stone walls, it had 2 palisade gates and the front entrance pointing toward glitterdale had a small area lined with statues like 3 tiles when you entered. I had set up an area outside to guide new players thru with signs. It was beyond GV level of play. Hordern said my ambitions were much to great for this place and that I should go to independence. We stayed for some time there and worked on skills. 

Another regular day was upon us and Enki was there again I don’t know what for again, I can’t recall.
So I told him my idea and how it would work with the signs and all leading players thru and showing them how to chop the trees. Was about 3-4 months maybe after I had shared my idea that GV closed and he made his nice tutorial on Golden valley. I still to this day think I inspired him to make the very first tutorial. Having a long history of breaking chat rules and I fought with Zephyr from day one. He was the local celebrity CA at the time, he had a colossus and an island on the lake near glitterdale. There was farmer bob’s place at the top of the hill and Xsamurai was running around somewhere. There was jamiefontain that always was chopping down forests and enclosing large areas she did nothing with. Bottles lived at catfish oasis and Elite that came by and gave me my 1st wemp seed, he had a mega farm in the likes of GV size back then. Anyone else I missed here I am sorry. Also the name of the person I gave Grand Court castle away too, I can’t recall the name. I had given the idea and castle away to the next generation of Wurm players. Legend has it that Grand Court was handed down several times and lasted close to the servers end. Take in mind nothing was over 20ql and needed repairing often there. So in GV terms lasting that long after I was gone is amazing. There are many adventures I could share here but, that would make this story a lot longer. 

My ideas were huge and I needed room to grow. I had decided that we would go to freedom and find new ground to build upon. We entered the portal to Freedom in Oct 2009 I believe. We had packed what we needed  for setting off to the mother land. “What are you doing†I was meditating the day we was to leave, I wanted 20 before we left for premium land, Skyz was yelling at me for not helping pack the rest of the stuff. So we went. 

Following this part of my Wurm history up, just would like to say that GV was the best starting experience anyone could have I think. It was unguided and free for all. Yes it was a mess but, out of the mess there was a common and basic law to it, that when you made something nice in the middle of rotting decayed other places, it made you feel very proud to have a thriving place. Also I will mention Hordern multi colored variegated villa. It stuck out and he was raising it to like 20 dirt high or something back then. Think he may have all 20 skills on Golden Valley server now too. 

FREEDOM!

Coming out in samling next to that huge mountain is a great experience, one that only some will ever get. That’s Wurm right there, no-one or very few can play a piece of time and have totally different experience or idea of a moment. Captured then changed by the land reclaiming it or seeing things before they change and will never be the same again, same as real life. We made are way past Samling and the first place we happen along was as fate would have today as a server, yes you guessed it XANADU! The original owned by Gumbo and passed by many Fellow GV players still with us today. This is well remembered here, there was a coffin outside with a sign reading “Free meals† So hungry and tired from the road, we grabbed a few. Walking into his place was magical, there were champion unicorns and all dorts of critters running around. The place was neat and proper. There was a few merchants out in the main walkway, I believe I bought a pendulum that day. We chatted for a bit and Gumbo wished us luck in finding decent ground. Not far up the road there was a bear. Brave as I was, ready to fight this bear fresh out of GV wearing chain, Skyz took one look and ran the other way convinced we couldn’t take it. She was always a wreck, having a shaky hand while fighting the harder stuff. So we detoured around and found road again. Passing a lot of places that looked ok to build and about an hour walk, we happen upon a row boat. This will be a time I took something without asking, the first being in GV when, bottles and I ran down the road after roping a neighbors cow and him running after us yelling “thieves!† The row boat was cool and afford us a look around the small lake there. By this time my conscious was eating at me and we return the boat to the place we found it at around 16y 35x on the old inde map made by Darkmalice. After a while Berris came into local and we chatted to him for a bit. Now getting dark and we stop not far from where Berris had said hello. Making a fire and taking a small break we camped till day light. When the light came I saw a beautiful water front spot and on the map it was called “cheese cake fjord†at the time. This was it the spot I would start the legacy of deed building I’m known for today. Now it was time to work. Lock Heaven was the first deed we owned, it was a size 10 and cost one gold to start back then. Dropping some money in for coin, we gathered up some tools from local and “long distance†sellers (the quote has a meaning no details) 

I do wish I had pictures of this place but my old computer  had these photos on and the old forum is gone. My 1st neighbor now and then top notch Wurm  player Sandyar and his lovely assistant Emas. Many stories can be told about Lock Haven but the one that sticks out most was a fellow that happen past and liked it so much he offered me a two gold for it before even completing it all. It was a nice place on the water and was tall wall enclosed town with a café and stable design not unlike the one at Puzzle plaza today on Deliverance server.  Although back then the options were few and arch walls weren’t quite out. One thing I admire, the staff watch us and how we use things and make accordingly. I had a lot of good times there but wanted yet even more room. So I sold the place and we moved south. We went way down south to Tranquility bay. We started a place called Sky View Terrace and was neighbors with surtur and evil vision
Surtur gave his blessing and we started the terrace. If you are reading this and don’t know Independence server has a rich and deep dirt layer. So we were building in a hilly area and terrace was best to capture this place. Soon after building all the basics again we grew burned out and left for around 5-6 months. 

On return, Wurm was looking better and was a few nice updates. Vision came again what the possibilities of the game was, I quickly went back to work. The old deed was gone now and this time I would launch the Deed that put me into the Deed charts.

Exile’s gate was 8875 tiles of Glory. It was a vision of  a grand city where players flowed in and out bustling around tinker with this and that. The start of an Empire city which fell to dreams of dragons.
This Link will show you what Exile’s gate was in its prime.

PNOgkf2.jpg

The stories from this time are amazing, at peak there was 20 players in Exile’s gate which a few now are very well rounded super players. Raybarg, claytonic, zalu,Galilmar and many more I can name, these are a few memorable ones though. Evilvision that lived in the tundra and surtur, which I had a falling out over “ I build to fast†and he thought I was competing, another long story. His place boondocks was amazing and still is till this day I do believe. Last I heard he was lost with Baldeagal somewhere on chaos. 

FREEDOM! So Exile’s Gate was a hit and 2-3 other places rose up in that coming year, Lions gate was one I remember. At this point was loud and screaming TROLL TEETH \/\/\/\/\/\/\/ And TROLL IN THE DUNGEON daily in kingdom chat. I was muted more times than anyone in game to date I believe. Chat rules changed and I was at the front of quite a few of them changes, having talked with oracle several times  about the way CA Picked at every little things back then. I was and always will be the loud mouth American that took Wurm by storm. A few Key moments in this time period. Metaldragon’s Black dragon kill on top of dragon fang mountain. The bad lags of  inde where you would get finishing lag for 5 mins at a time sometimes. 
The journey to Mouse hole were everyone left flowers and paid toward A woman that had passed Away in real, a fellow Wurmian RIP, the actions of the players here still amaze me. Markesilvers was just a player but, a fond memory of this player still exists with me today, cheers Mark if you ever read this. Also the TROLL IN THE DUNGEON had got me in trouble a few times and muted then There was the Trolls. A mound popped up in the neat cave we had built next to the smithy in the main part of town. Thats what I got for yelling that, they were there and only was to get them out was to raid the dungeon ever few days. It was so over run at points we had to shaker orb the tunnel and lock them in. Champs would spawn in town because they couldn’t in cave, so the villagers had a surprise every once in a while. Exile’s gate was a great Experience and build up for me. There are many more names and adventures I could share, perhaps another time. 

DELIVERENCE!

The news was hot and Rolf would begin to release the Second island of what we now call the Freedom cluster. I was at EG improving leather goods at the highest point of Exile’s Gate when I got the PM. 
Metaldragon said are you going to Deliverance and I said no I hadn’t planned on it why. He said he would seek a dragon that laid golden eggs…
kx0FfBp.jpg

I was very interested in this concept, yet Skyz was to thrilled (bad nerves dragons and all) So MD set a fire under me that still burns today. I was to go to deli and find this golden goose and capture it as my own. We traveled about 10 hours that day and we spotted it. There She was beautiful as any picture. Skyz was a little jealous. Went thru a few deeds and a few changes to the coding via Complaints about penning which is still an on going story. I named her Nyth Othim Malae and it means Eyes/Darkness/lair . We nick named her Charcoal because Skyz said my name was silly and to long. As she said about my E-peen many times. I lost about 5 points in digging at 97 From dying to the dragon, trying to put her in a cage. I applied techniques from MD who had the white pinned down only to lose it to Xallo and his company, which has slain a many dragons in their day. It was shared though as I’m told. I went thru a few plans till the right one. I’d like to thank MD and Drago for encouraging me to stay with it and don’t give up. They have been friends and confidents many times and will never forget their kindness. 

G44NtV2.jpg

XQRsUmE.jpg

UMZ8tob.jpg

She is the all mother and laid the 1st dragon egg on freedom cluster. I was blessed with many fine drake products and the Christmas that she Laid her golden eggs was one like no other. One of the best Christmas Impalongs in Wurm history was that year as well. Deal or no Deal was there that year and was 1st introduce By Gumbo himself, I had a drake hide raffle and the whole event was a huge success. Mother Willow the leader and organizer of this Event was the most kind host. These are the good times that our close and not gotten again easily, When it comes to more than just the game but, a genuine time spent with friends and having a good time. 

9LazZnv.jpg

GmXiSwQ.jpg

The loot was Flowing into the next year, having hide and having given a set to ever fighter, still maybe the only person to have the privilege to give out every single fighter which was 25+ back then a set of armour has been a joy of mine for along time and has afforded me some of the best friends a Wurmian could have. The gatherings we had will be missed for along time. Also thanks to Kiah, hordern, pashka, kadore, Gumbo, MD, Drago and anyone else I missed. So I needed a new objective. Before long Epic was coming out and the portal was so easy I jumped thru. 

2 Weeks of EPIC!

I wont tell this story but  we made a cool song! 

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YTrBwUZ0U8

I left fast to run away from the only name I’ll mention here and that Violetann *cringes* 
Highlight of Epic, 1st time seeing Rolf ingame

F2RiuN3.jpg

Not so Epic! After fighting with these “Old MR†players I return to Deli and looked at the state of affairs on  my home server and seen I had opened the door to Some deviant players and quickly had to dispatch them. I started on what would become Deliverance servers Main market. I placed all my efforts to Sack the DMP market that Player Rudie had made as a “community†project which was a maze/labyrinth/mess of stalls facing every different directions and conveniently a straight road right to his merchants. Front row. Him having the deed to a public market was then again not the best idea. I decide to make a market that would topple the plans of this Player. Within 2 months of this plan I had, almost every merchant on the server at my market. 

Uxqy6ZO.jpg
Over the course of this time I would be known to give away drake sets to any lucky Wurmians that could guess the number I was hold behind the screen, which always went over well with the CA. 

Puzzle Plaza Labyrinth designed by fearan was 20x20 and had 3 different mazes in it. It was to be the lead attraction for and event deed that only ever was a great market.
This market was a dream that never came to be and was the biggest vision and driving force of most market today. I had built what is now sought after by many. It was more than a market and in this time I would meet another set of  great players and get to know Wulfgar the Mighty. Lizabeth, Gripyth, faeran to name a few other, that helped put this together. I had started a maze at Lock haven many years ago I had mentioned and never got to finish. Gripyth and fearan had made a place called Puzzles Labyrinth:  ;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHozZRh8mtI

After watching there video I gave them a visit and I completed this now Historical place. The challenge was tough and These brothers were a key point to my vision. I told them the plan and they followed me till the end. I knighted them In to the Order of the Black rose and they still should know that they will be called upon again. In these days we had laughs and they grew, the team at Puzzle plaza was top notch and the Plaza flourished. At one time we had 28 deeds and 76 players in the Puzzle Plaza Alliance. A few mention able, Troll king slaying and the Deliverance Desert seen in the picture above, which was 16 thousand tiles when complete maybe more I can’t remember, its massive though.  I was fading fast and so was my marriage at this time. I had to leave Wurm for a bit, almost two years. The memory of Zalifear would fade and so would the legacy I left as the Alliance did not hold without the axel. Fearan and gripyth went on to do many great things and build a town that’s highlighted in the Wurm trailer, make their very own trailer and Special episodes of  Saturday Night Factional Fight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYqs8ofbL_U

There is so much more to this part that it would take me a long time to write down and explain. I will spare you the suspense and get on with the story.

THE RETURN OF ZALIFEAR!

This part is short and sweet, the server was not the same. Alliance was gone, I have chores to do, the plaza was stagnating, with sealed lips as to ware it was. More market had sprung up and to my dismay, my name had been beaten on. Not a surprise I am still hated by many and I’m not afraid to say I have a few enemies. I would in these days clean up the market, meet up with some old friends and raise hell to let all know that Zalifear the one and only was back. Shout out to: Nyteshade, quasiwud, neem, galimar, webbler , rex and all of the gang. These days would define where I was heading now in game. Sorry to say but, deli was a darker place than what I had left it. CA guaranteeing 100% items sales “because†they are a CA calling names for said reason, rumors about me and other such non-sense. There was a black cloud and in this time I was, Wiz killed by 2 Gms,, killed 4 unique, commandeered a kyclopse kill, looked into going to wild, reformed an alliance that fell apart fast. I’ll have to mention spyte, as well, Time is Fleeting my friend.  Built 2 obelisks in front of the plaza, then Run off to Xanadu leaving Puzzle Plaza to the Worthy Neemer of World wide prestige. I did not sell the public market it was given to another Proud deliverance player free. For 90+ ql tools on Deli see Quasiwud. 

Xanadu came about and I was ripped away from Deli and decided it was time to go. I packed lock stock and barrel to Xanadu and there I remain, Forging the only way I now how From the Bottom to the top using My imagination and a whole lot of faith. FREEDOM!

THE SHRINE OF MAGRANON! THE NEW AGE OF ZALIFEAR

The shrine came about after moving near the 1st persons place I stop at to eat on inde. I was intrigued  at the possibility of riding a dragon and have a skilled Magranon follower working on that task at this very moment.  

With out further ado: 

0Wz2vKK.jpg
s71Mx9G.jpg

0ylTzlk.jpg

VYkCNzC.jpg

iD95wMd.jpg

The moon Valrei appears in the skylight every few wurm months.

KGUYXba.jpg

yTmWC5H.jpg

Xb17ygT.jpg

This is my story and There are many adventure, I hope you enjoyed this Wurm in a lifetime story of my travels some of my trials and a lot of my joy having Shared this wonderful game with many wonderful people and a few knuckle heads along the way. Thanks again and  Keep playing…

KXJTaW2.jpg

In memory of Foreverskyz without whom I would never have played this game.

Thank you most of all to the Makers of this game all who have helped and made such a game that can come so close to your heart. Code club masterpiece Wurm Online.

Thanks again everyone Dontae
bHRmaMW.jpg
Edited by zalifear
  • Like 16

did i miss something about quitting here? is that this type of post?

• Like 1

Less time posting more time building fellas  :)
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGBLlFMn9Xc

Edited by zalifear

Pretty awesome collection you got there :) Good read.

More screenshots, and please use spoilers, will make it easier to read :)

I think the best thing about all of this is that you never let it go to your head.

• Like 4

Cool story, bro. Needs less dragons.

Less posting more Panloading

• Like 1

A interesting story. Wurm has a certain appeal and allure to some individuals. What they create in turn out of these various island continents enhance the game, drawing in new players who might one day do the same. This is the story of one such player. There are many others with more discreet mannerisms who do the same, content with what they create for that alone.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 2

I think the best thing about all of this is that you never let it go to your head.

In some ways it has, unless that was being sarcastic lol . I think its has all went to my head by now, so much so that I feel the need to share it with the next generation showing them my journey through Wurm. perhaps some ideas on whats possible. One thing I can say I didn't buy my way in. Seek and ye shall find. I'm contrite to my mistakes and I'v made many along the way, I think the most important part is the growth the game has gave me personally. Here I am again setting a trend, in hopes to see more stories, cause I know there are some really good ones out there.

I'm guessing here with the -1 and critics that its not a good thing to share a great experience. I guess having a great time and sharing it with the community is bad too, perhaps just allow no posted picture on forums and we all go back to wearing green, so players that wont have drake for along time wont see ours. 

I don't get it, rather a post about Somethings broken or something wrong instead of right. In any case least I didn't buy my way in or only sit around judging everyone else trying to make a dollar off the game. because when it comes down to it that is what quite a few older players do now, they sit around worried about selling things and judge what every other mother is doing and don't even enjoy the game because they are mindlessly grinding for a few dollars. 

Have fun with that and also remember its a game and games are made to be fun! 

I HAVE HAD A BLAST!

Short story, Shrine of Magranon. A player was asking for Flame aura enchants on the Freedom chat, I said I can do that and Aosp. He traveled to my place on a quest. There was a small RP and I gave free armour set ,sword and enchants to said player. 

Long story short is, this game can be whatever you want it to be and you are the NPC. When you capture a moment, share it with the community, giving a positive Experience as you go. 

646cYN6.jpg

Edited by zalifear

In some ways it has, unless that was being sarcastic lol .

I'm guessing here with the -1 and critics that its not a good thing to share a great experience. I guess having a great time and sharing it with the community is bad too

I don't get it...

Yes Zalifear, it does seem that you don't get it. Possibly it was the self glorification within the OP that resulted in some negative responses and Othob's not too subtle comment pointing that out. As for myself, I can set that aside and just appreciate the accomplishments of your building efforts within Wurm itself, so the personality does little to diminish that.

Still, it was as a whole a good story about your participation within Wurm and has enhanced the game as a result of these creations. I am sure you have made some friends along the way as well, so do not be too discouraged if some others do not lift you to the lofty heights of grandeur wherein you reside.

Better to have a high self image than a lower one anyway, not matter the accuracy of it. So I really can't be too critical in this instance.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Othob's not too subtle comment 

I made no such statement, Ayes and I resent any such implications. My words should be taken exactly as given and with their full worth due them. Bandy on with whatever reproachful eloquence you wish to muster, but we all know I am far too brash and blunt to have made such an insinuation.

Good Day! 

• Like 2

this was almost as good as Hilary Clintons book. you should spend more money telling me about yourself.

edit add:

I think the criticism comes from, after reading ALL of it, is that the post isn't so much about the experience you had in wurm so much as your perceived impact you had on the game. this read more as if wurm wrote a post about its experience of being in your gracious presence?

Edited by Leroy

Love him, hate him or indifferent, the guy has built more in game and has far more creativity than most the player base.

If Dragon's weren't involved it would be a usual nice screen shot thread, with positive comments.

• Like 2

I remember Epic where you got a bunch of people to follow you and work hard and then left. ;)  short story.

Started out on Desertion said you needed a bunch of people to come make a deed then after a bit you called Gm's and got a refund saying that's not the server you wanted to be on.

Was a wasted couple of weeks for a lot of us at the beginning there but it sure sounded good. :D

Edited by Uberknot

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=16&v=-YTrBwUZ0U8

this was a good video

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Hmm, I started playing in Jan 09 and I don't remember you. You must not have been memorable. The only deed of your story I'm familiar with is Puzzle Plaza. I created a map for them a while back that I believe they still have in their thread.

Overall this seemed... Idk.

Edited by Slickshot

Well I'm glad you recognize not recognizing me lol, Webbler hired you, I always made my own maps before that. Thanks for your comments though :)

History makers are often forgotten.