Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Imp-a-lump! Mag Spell

New Mag spell of high difficulty.  Improve shards and lumps.  More QL increase for higher power casts.  Chance to shatter, the higher QL the item is, the less effect a successful cast has, much like improving a crafted item.

For the record, I have crappy SD and channel on all my Mag priests, but on Freedom, it would give Mags more reason to skill up. 

Thought of this when someone mentioned how hard it is to Imp Serryl, due to lack of higher QL lumps.

Sounds cool! Would give my mag a reason to grind channelling, as right now... 

+1

I kinda like this.  Endgame for Mag priests is currently selling strongwalls - this would help a bit.

Also, chance/power depends on lump type - iron being easy serryl being near on impossible.

• Like 1

I kinda like this.  Endgame for Mag priests is currently selling strongwalls - this would help a bit.

Also, chance/power depends on lump type - iron being easy serryl being near on impossible.

Even better!  But yes, the most basic Mag can do the strongwalls and my 3 Mags do those all day long.  Constantly thinking of creative ways to leverage strongwall, but a bit bored of being a 1 trick pony.

Fo: heals, genesys, courier, LT..

Vyn: Mend, WoA, CoC, Nim, MS..

So many great spells for the others.

-1, Mag priests can mine so they'd have an endless amount of lumps to work with so there would be no real punishment for shattering and no real effort needed in gathering new ones.

Why mine at all?

Next we'll have Fo Imp a dirt? Or Vynora Imp a log? Damn, lets replace all gathering skills with spells...

Then since we're at it why not a Imp-all spell, which replaces normal item imping with spells.

Isn´t enough with priest ruining the market for every tool maker out there?

Now you want to ruin miners too...

-1, unless this replaces Mag's ability to mine. Then maybe.

Edited by Ecrir

-1, sorry. there are high Ql ressources that can be mined by skilled miners already.

But I'm all for giving Mag priests some more purpose

Why not instead of this add a chance that When Ritual of the sun is cast there's a meteor shower on that server that spawns Moon metal nodes (only Seryl on freedom).

Or just create a 130 favor spell that turns a rock tile into a random vein with only 50 actions. Magranon doesn't have any link spells except for their Ritual, why not add this one? Does tie with its mythos.