Sign in to follow this  
KryoKitten

KoS System on Freedom Servers

KoS system on freedom isles is more or less a punishment system for those who go against the good morals. It is a loose legal system, in place because of non-pvp.

I have no problems with it nor do i want it to be removed. I think it's good because it makes people far more hesitant to be all around jerks.

Come on down to my area and I'll show you what can happen in perimeter. People can dig death ditches, mine glitchy holes, cut all the trees, cover long-existing one-lane paths, fill bays with dirt, kill animals in that last square you can't deed due to perimeter restriction, etc.

Personally I think KoS shouldn't work on roads or highways; if a person stays totally on the road and just passes through without digging to the sides/bashing/dumping dirt/building fences/cutting trees, it shouldn't even kick in. That way the "do not KoS on highways" rule would be unnecessary. A person minding their business wouldn't even know they were KoSed (unless they received a server message). KoS shouldn't mean "I want to kill you;" it should mean "Stop messing with my area," or "We're aware of the theft/griefing you've done on the server." A lot of fights would be avoided if it didn't work on roads.

Perimeter is not part of your deed or your area. It is land for everyone to use, like dig trenches and drop dirt. Non-argument.

So many missconceptions...

Allow KoS to grant the player the ability to Attack the intruder as long as the Templar is engaged. This would help if it was someone trolling the deed by camping out and killing the Templar over and over, and hard to abuse because you can't attack them off deed/ without a templar

It does this already afaik.

If the guard tower is on deed, and there is a templar present, then tower guards will join in.

Doesn't need templar.

guard tower could also be in perimeter....  templar normaly follow you till you are not out of deed....   guards min 50 tiles away from tower....

also perimeter is not yours... deed it or loose it...  

Templars will chase you on perimeter since a few years back. Had to forfeit a mine because of this.

• Like 1

KoS should be done away with on PvE servers. It can be used indiscriminately in a manner just as annoying as griefers. Lock deed down and build a road around it if players are not wanted to step foot within it.

Even with KoS there are many disputes between neighbors and this system does nothing to resolve them but only adds to it. About the only thing it is good for is just to keep newer players from sitting on deeds in some annoying way or giving a minor annoyance to neighbors in spite.

Spirit Templars are useful to keep aggros dealt with on deeds and should be restricted for that purpose on PvE servers.

=Ayes=

KoS should be done away with on PvE servers. It can be used indiscriminately in a manner just as annoying as griefers. Lock deed down and build a road around it if players are not wanted to step foot within it.

Even with KoS there are many disputes between neighbors and this system does nothing to resolve them but only adds to it. About the only thing it is good for is just to keep newer players from sitting on deeds in some annoying way or giving a minor annoyance to neighbors in spite.

Spirit Templars are useful to keep aggros dealt with on deeds and should be restricted for that purpose on PvE servers.

=Ayes=

Because you say so?

If its unnecessary its on PvP, where people can just kill each other.

Edited by KanePT

Perimeter is not part of your deed or your area. It is land for everyone to use, like dig trenches and drop dirt. Non-argument.

KoS covers perimeter.

Because you say so?

Yes, of course. Just so you know, if I say so, more than not, it is usually because I said it. If not, it would not be so, so it may just be so, so to you; but to me it is more like what I said is what I think on the matter.

Now then, it may not matter to you or perhaps even to me, if it is to be; but, to say so is to suggest that this is how I would like it to be, maybe. In truth tho, to just say so makes me think that it most probably won't be made so, so I cope with the so as it currently has been not so, since so much of the matter has already made it more so likely than not.

Hopefully this explanation will make it less unclear as to the meaning of my saying so, so that in the future you will have your answer provided before you present the question, just so that the so is not supposed to be no. You know (redundant). At any rate, thank you for the amusing interlude into this tale of woe of the so.

So, long...

=Ayes=