Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 44

I don't know, but how I have understood it, the solving of functioning bridges will solve a range of other problems also.
I imagine coding hanging stuff on walls, sitting in boats and placing stuff on tables will become easier/possible ?

Yippee, more silly looking wool hats!, with more grins to be accompanied by those in passing proudly wearing them. Share the chuckles! My guys will stay with their more discreet hoods that slyly cover up their grumpy expressions while trudging away at various tasks.

Nice to see some more marble uses with their vein status. And will Wurm bridges finally make their appearance over Wurm's troubled waters to bridge the gap between player disputes? Who is to say. Not I.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Ya for bridges and more uses for marble, everything looks great but.....

Again why is all the new furniture being made with a cookie cutter finish that cannot take advantage of the wood finishes that are already in the game ?!?!

It's seems that one of the coolest aspects of the game is being retired since we never even got the newer tree finishes added to the game.

And really a lounge chair  I like more eye candy but, WTF WE CAN'T SIT IN GAME !!!!!

• Like 4

Will we be able to build bridges inside a house from one story to another? Please? Pretty please?

I too am looking forward to seeing how the old wooden models will be updated, especially since I already have building furnished with those items.

Again why is all the new furniture being made with a cookie cutter finish that cannot take advantage of the wood finishes that are already in the game ?!?!

It's seems that one of the coolest aspects of the game is being retired since we never even got the newer tree finishes added to the game.

I have to admit this troubles me also, I can only assume it is some serious performance related issue otherwise it is a great loss of one of the coolest features of the game. 

If it is a feature being retired from the game, I think many of us would at least feel better knowing there is some important rationale behind it. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I've been waiting since 2009 to say this.. Bring on the bridges!!

• Like 1

i love the marble tables, the lounge chair and the spinning wheel and can't wait to see the new wool hats/items.

one thought though; might there be a way for us to keep our hair when we put the hats on?

just sayin'....

love the update! :D

Great updates! Thank you ! :)

Love lounger and marble tables, very nice addition to Wurm furniture collection! Can we have marble statues and benches ? More designs for statues would be great too and maybe more use of slate ?

But as it was mentioned here before we really need some interaction with furniture!

And here are more ideas: it would be cool to have Barber shop on our deeds with merchant who can change our appearance, bartender for our taverns and how about separate structure similar to guard tower for Lighthouse! We all love lighthouses, I am sure many will be agree with me ;)

• Like 2

And here are more ideas: it would be cool to have Barber shop on our deeds with merchant who can change our appearance, bartender for our taverns and how about separate structure similar to guard tower for Lighthouse! We all love lighthouses, I am sure many will be agree with me ;)

These are perfect types of things to use as goldsinks/cashshop items.

* a 10s NPC you can add to a tavern to disperse food and drink. Similar to starter bartenders except 1) anyone can use 2) your nutrition etc is set to 50 (so undesired by some but welcomed by others, and certainly not a power purchase). They are meant as a building block for a future "social entertainment center" push for taverns. Mostly younger players will flock to use them not veterans or power players.  but they would make a local tavern more popular as a "hangout". 

* instead of selling silver mirrors, sell 20s barberchairs+barbers, an NPC that players can purchase and set up to act at whatever fee they chose to set, setting it too high means no one uses it, some will set it cheap or even free to provide a public attraction for their tavern or marketplace. 

* Will-O-Wisp might be a rare creature you can TRY to tame and pen as a lighthouse, similar to how people used to use lava spiders + hell horses, but these are more designed for that function. Catch free in the wiild (if you can find one, maybe rare-foggynight+fullmoon whatever, but they are hard to find and tame) or purchase a tamed Wisp from a trader for 20s (never ever needs fuel, 10x brighter than brightest lamps, it's faerie-magik so never dies,  something-something-something.  In addition as you suggest, add a playermade lighthouse similar to a guardtower that takes a lot of skill + materials. 

They don't give exceptional power advantages, they don't replace player made items, people will want them "just because they can" 

"Why so expensive?" they are not really necessary and they become more of a "luxury status item" simply because most people will say omg-thats-way-too-much. They should never be "practical investments". Instead they become a drawing card for people who want to create powerful Famous Social Centers that people from all over the server will travel long distances to visit. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Wow, another great update. Everything in there got me quite excited. Not only have I picked the hat I want already, but now I am getting extremely happy that I decided to go into stone cutting. One day, oh yes, I will be of use!

PS: The new furniture models are unbelievable.

Would be a good update, but I'm wondering if bridges will be swept under the carpet for 1 more year again!

So many goodies! I don't know where to start! Oh yes I do...

ANIMAL SOUNDS YAY!!!

And the marble furniture aaah so pretty! And more wooden furniture yay! And a spinning wheel and bridges and and... I'LL LOSE MY MIND WITH ALL THIS GOODNESS!

So many goodies! I don't know where to start! Oh yes I do...

ANIMAL SOUNDS YAY!!!

And the marble furniture aaah so pretty! And more wooden furniture yay! And a spinning wheel and bridges and and... I'LL LOSE MY MIND WITH ALL THIS GOODNESS!

Sign on Melana's door:

"I am lost, I have gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask myself to wait."

:lol:

Can't find anything that will actually fit into a cupboard. Also, was wondering what types of items 'should' they hold, do the slow down or prevent decay at all, and can they be locked?

Mable tables  :wub:

Why does it improve using rock shards tho.....?

(And give me marble statues  :P )

Wool Caps and Hats

I read it as "Wool Capes and Hats" and got really excited ;(

I just want a cape ;(

Thanks for all the new additions to the game. I love the furniture, new animals & trellises. Are wall decorations coming? Ie. tapestries, paintings, shields

Please consider adding gender specific clothing. Eg. dresses There's a recent post in Suggestions about it that received quite a few likes. It would go a long way in making Wurm more appealing to many female gamers:)

Thanks again!

Imagine heaving that up the stairs.

Oo Stairs!, that better be a hint...imagine we had stairs....

Some really nice stuff coming..good to see.

I've always thought the sounds were weak in wurm. Can't wait to hear them.  And I love the marble furniture. I hope you change the voice for the wave emote at some point, Put some hair on the guys chest before he speaks. And that's as rude as i'll get with that.  I hope we get an option at some point to place objects on these new tables. So I can actually throw my keys on the table next to my bed.  Anyway, Good work you guys.