Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 44

LssNW44L.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

How nice to see you visiting my weekly news post again.

With the bridge update last week it is safe to say there was some added attention.

I do not have very much to add to the topic today but there is some further information on current testing.

But I can tell you are itching for some good news.

Well, I will not be one to disappoint so let me

Share some News!

Bridges

WoodBridge1s.jpg

Click Image for larger Version

We are currently doing in house testing concerning having the bridges connect between houses and also from house to ground.

As I mentioned last week on the topic this is very complex and have to be thoroughly tested before we feel confident it will not get bugged or abused.

So far there has been no show stopper so to say, so we keep developing and are feeling optimistic!

We are feeling much the same way about other functionality which was discussed way back when I first touched upon the topic.

Do you remember what we talked about?

Want me to make a specific post reiterating that information maybe?

Updates to older Models

Wox has gone over some of the models and given them a bit of optimization as well as smaller updates to their appearance.

So the Stool, Chair, Arm chair, Large table, Round table, Square table will look more robust and have new textures.

Wool Crafting

We are working on getting the tools of the trade available for the Wurmians.

I have heard from reliable sources that there has been some serious hoarding of wool going on in the lands of Wurm.

With the bulk storage bins threatening to explode and the price of wool dropping by the minute.

Merchants and sheep herders in outrage.

Sheep losing confidence in self worth.

This can not be allowed to continue.

So:

SpinningWheel.jpg

The spinning wheel now has an animation and will most likely be going live with the next update!

With the spinning wheel you can refine your wool into yarn.

And what is next you ask?

Well start hoarding yarn instead of course.

Not to worry!

We are very close to being able to add the first of the new craftable Wool items.

I showed you one of them last week.

But have a look at some more that are currently work in progress!

Wool Caps and Hats

WoolCaps.png

Sound

I have taken some time lately to start working on sound effects for creatures in the lands of Wurm. A well needed update to be sure.

My plan is to give the creatures much more presence in the environment by giving them for example characteristic idle sounds.

This is so that you should be able get the added advantage of identifying creatures by hearing them nearby, instead of just plainly spotting them.

Secondly will be the interaction with creatures where I am focusing mainly on combat.

How far this can be stretched is yet to be determined.

What I mean with that is how I will try to overlay different sounds between animations to give an overall fluent audio visual coherence with the creatures movement and character.

Yeah this might all sound like mumbo jumbo to you but I think you can all relate to how powerful the impact of well implemented sound can be in a game.

I will be making some exceptions which has been learned from earlier feedback where we had idle sounds from farm animals.

As we all know, you can not have one without the other.. And the more the merrier.

Which with this reasoning only leads to one conclusion.

Big herds.

Big herds results in many sounds. Constant sounds. Repeating sounds…

This has been known to lead Wurmians into a craze, decimating herds just for the sweet sound of silence.

So we will if anything make an idle sound extremely sparse and random on them to spare you the experience.

New Interior update coming your way!

So some surprise additions in our ongoing mission for well furnished housing in Wurm.

Mind you that these items will most likely go live with the next update.

So check out these real nice additions that will soon be craftable for one and all.

That is, if you have the skills for it!

Marble Table

RecMarbleTable.png

Indeed a well needed update to make further use of Marble.

And a nice one at that.

Imagine heaving that up the stairs.

Round Marble Table

roundMarbleTable.png

A smaller and rounded version which is more easily placed.

Just what has been missing from your medieval lounge corner of the living room?

Cupboard

Cupboard.png

An ornate wooden cupboard with a real nice finnish.

It comes with an opening animation and also works as storage.

Lounge Chair

LoungeChair.png

Fun fact, the lounge chair was a personal request from Rolf himself.

So this is a priority piece of furniture Wurmians, make no mistake!

We Swedes need our lounging and so does the game.

Once more this turned out to be quite a content heavy update.

I am a bit amazed with all the things going on right now.

So much being added all the time and still more planned for the bigger upcoming update.

I can not see much reason why anyone would not

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 40

######, redd was faster than me.

(Good to see some real variety in caps and hats. Now I hope to see some variety in armour and some info about the new armour types we were promised once.)

Edited by Bittereinder
  • Like 1

More furniture I cant sit in or sit at...

:(

Edit; I shouldnt sound so negative. I like the idea of more furniture I really do but I wish I could sit in them more then anything. :( It takes away from creating an old man shack with porch and just standing there drinnking wine from my flask "pretending to be sitting on my porch"

Also +1 on bridges glad to see those are coming along. VoTD was built with bridges in mind from day one and I am stoked for them to be coming.

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 7

Can't wait to see old models updated :)

Hope the dye will still be well visible on them

Keep up the good work! I always love more furniture and items! 

Nice to see things progressing on the bridges i already have a spot picked out for my first one on my deed.  Also always nice to see more furnishings being added in the mix too.  

• Like 2

can we add what doesnt have models in the game

like kings robes for example

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

The hats look a bit like cupcakes of different kinds :P

Anyway, great news! I'm starting to like these posts more and more!

Can never have to much furniture :) And will finally get more used for the tons of marble in the area.

Sound

I have taken some time lately to start working on sound effects for creatures in the lands of Wurm. A well needed update to be sure.

My plan is to give the creatures much more presence in the environment by giving them for example characteristic idle sounds.

This is so that you should be able get the added advantage of identifying creatures by hearing them nearby, instead of just plainly spotting them.

Secondly will be the interaction with creatures where I am focusing mainly on combat.

How far this can be stretched is yet to be determined.

What I mean with that is how I will try to overlay different sounds between animations to give an overall fluent audio visual coherence with the creatures movement and character.

Yeah this might all sound like mumbo jumbo to you but I think you can all relate to how powerful the impact of well implemented sound can be in a game.

I will be making some exceptions which has been learned from earlier feedback where we had idle sounds from farm animals.

As we all know, you can not have one without the other.. And the more the merrier.

Which with this reasoning only leads to one conclusion.

Big herds.

This has been known to lead Wurmians into a craze, decimating herds just for the sweet sound of silence.

So we will if anything make an idle sound extremely sparse and random on them to spare you the experience.

I allmost forgot that you are a coder as well ;)

Sound as a control measure for herding - now that's an idea!!

And naturally based on knowing all this you have already planned an option to turn off idle animal sounds, right?

• Like 2

While you are working on the sounds can you move the wind to the weather area like it should be so when we turn off weather it turns of the wind sounds?  :)

weeeeeeeeeeeee animal sounds..so so so so excited for more emersion...thanks..i'm all dreamy in love now.  and and blew a gasket on the woolen caps selections..yums.... repunzel's delight with the spinning wheel.....i haven't been this excited since seeing the brush in the my pretty pony kit!!!!!

Edited by Greasygrundle
  • Like 1

The new furniture (wooden) should have textures to match the wood type, like the older items.  Looks nice but pretty drab all the same color.

I allmost forgot that you are a coder as well ;)

Sound as a control measure for herding - now that's an idea!!

I am not a coder though.

Just fiddle with some basic stuff when need arise.

Do not get people started again saying I should go fix bugs instead of doing updates haha.

I am however good at media production which is what I have been working with a long time now.

So graphics, video and sound mainly. And with this current job, tons of text hehe ;)

• Like 1