Sign in to follow this  
Argustin

Make Take keybind from bsb/crate take max you can carry

As title says. make it so if you push Take keybind on an item on bsb or crate it will take max you can carry.

What ya think?

• Like 6

Drag item in inventory, smash enter thats how easy it is.

Edited by Sklo:D

Drag item in inventory, smash enter thats how easy it is.

It is always nice to take three actions and make it one. In addition, there is always some lag between click-drag-drop and when the text box appears for you to hit enter, then an additional lag between when you hit enter and when the items actually appear in your inventory. I have moved tens of thousands of wemp from bsb to my inventory and then to a boat and in addition to moving it i am also crushing it (which coincidentally also doesn't have a key bind). I move about 80 at a time so when i move 20k wemp  it results in 250 repetitions of click, drag, drop, wait, press enter, wait, right click, scroll down menu, crush, wait, key bind activate, key bind combine. The "waits" are for the server lag to perform the action.

In addition to reducing the number of steps, key binds also reduce the amount of movement of your hands because alternating between clicking the mouse, key binds and hitting enter requires either your left hand to be moving across the entire keyboard (to hit enter), or your right hand from alternating between your mouse and hitting enter. Either way, after carrying out many repetitions of this it is clear that a more ergonomic solution is possible.

If there was a key bind for moving items into your inventory from a bsb, and a key bind for crush it would look a lot more like this: key bind take, wait, key bind crush, wait, key bind activate, key bind combine. If all the key binds are in the same"ish" location on the keyboard then both hands can remain pretty stationary while performing this type of action. This would literally cut the number of steps in half and would probably more than half the amount of time to remove this wemp from the bsb.

Edited by McGarnicle

I like this idea.  I also like the idea that if you drag or take from a storage container then the maximum you can carry is automatically taken unless you hold shift, showing the normal dialogue.  Similar to how normal containers work today.

• Like 1

Extending the take keybind functionality to bins would be awesome.

main idea for this is: I and i think alot others use keybinds. Instead of dragging out of bsb, hitting enter we could just take items pushing a take keybind. It is there, why not make something like taking stuff from bsbs/crates a little less tedious.