Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

FIX THIS ALREADY !

FIX THIS !!    YES I'M YELLING AND I'M ###### SICK AND ###### TIRED OF ALL THESE ###### DISCONNECTS   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/110301-hey-i-know-i-hope-she-dont-crash/

Tracing route to jenn001.game.wurmonline.com [148.251.21.205]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     7 ms    13 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.1
  2    17 ms    11 ms    21 ms  7.11.163.1
  3    20 ms    11 ms    11 ms  209.148.245.193
  4    17 ms    12 ms    15 ms  69.63.248.173
  5    19 ms    11 ms    12 ms  69.63.248.181
  6    22 ms    16 ms    15 ms  24.156.144.117
  7    30 ms    25 ms    28 ms  69.63.248.89
  8    27 ms    42 ms    51 ms  PAIX-NYC.init7.net [198.32.118.38]
  9    94 ms   100 ms    95 ms  r1lon1.core.init7.net [77.109.140.193]
 10   120 ms   113 ms   113 ms  r1nue1.core.init7.net [77.109.140.254]
 11     *      110 ms     *     gw-hetzner.init7.net [77.109.135.102]
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *      114 ms   119 ms  hos-tr5.ex3k18.rz20.hetzner.de [213.239.239.198]
 16   114 ms   112 ms   115 ms  mailsystem2.wurmonline.net [148.251.21.205]

Trace complete.

• Like 3

It seems to happen to people who live in Canada.

Every day that im on, i see the canadians i play with all disconnect at the same exact time, nine or ten times a day.... (watching you, and kunibert dc at the same time is lol though)

its pretty stupid.

Edited by Propheteer

Being Mr. Niceguy doesn't seem to be getting us anywhere. So time for plan B

While I understand that it sucks to disconnect, what exactly would you like code club to do? From the traceroute you provided, there isn't a fault with their equipment or software.

While I understand that it sucks to disconnect, what exactly would you like code club to do? From the traceroute you provided, there isn't a fault with their equipment or software.

yeah, it appears to be a fault with everyone who lives in canada i suppose

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

While it is not their fault, it is their problem. There are solutions to this problem. As paying customers, I do not think it is too much to ask them to divert their attention to solve this problem.

I dunno, but placating the customers with months of "we're waiting for the host to do something" appears to be running a bit thin.

• Like 2

I suppose CC could, as a makeshift solution, implement proxy support in the client, and host a proxy at one of the other european companies.

Could even be a separate client, similar to how we have a separate .jnlp for the test server, with the proxy address hardcoded.

I mean I'm not really sure what's the root cause of the issue here, but I suppose this should help, and shouldn't really take more than say 1 day of development time. Then Canadians would probably be able to play, and you could keep working on a permanent solution.

Edited by asdf

I live within 800 miles of the gumbo there and can confirm this is a very annoying ongoing problem 

mad bear with a knife.. if i were a GM i would start repairing it before something goes sour..... :wacko:

I live a few hours from Gumbo and it is happening on both the largest Canadian internet providers Rogers and Bell (Sympatico) networks as we have both here at the house.

I ran a 100k user IPB a few years back that had the same kind of issues but the solution was a pain in the xxx...We had to perform a server migration and we all know what that means in the terms of downtime. But I am really surprised that Hetzner is having these kinds of issues being that they are probably one of the top data centers in Europe.

Anyways, "Fix the bloody thing already"

mad bear with a knife.. if i were a GM i would start repairing it before something goes sour..... :wacko:

What's it got to do with GM's???

• Like 1

What's it got to do with GM's???

You got magic powers.

Being Mr. Niceguy doesn't seem to be getting us anywhere. So time for plan ###### B

When Gumbo, is no longer Mr. Niceguy.....I dont even know.

Inb4 Universe collapses.

• Like 1