Sign in to follow this  
Reevi

Wurm Advertisements

I have been a long time Wurm player who has played back and forth, and personally i think this game is an amazing gave and could have a lot more people.

I have not once seen one advertisement advertising Wurm online. This game has the potential to be a hit.

How could this help Wurm you ask?

• Increase the amount of people in the game
  • The more people equals more $$$ *Ka Chink*
  • It can put this game out there and show people what a great game it is
  • More people could also help out the PvP cluster Epic or the other PvP server on freedom Chaos because a lot of people out there in this world love games where they can kill one another.

Wurm is well know in the Sandbox community. To many new people would be poison for the community. Wurm is meant to have a relative small community. but at least doubling the current player base should not pose a threat. 

• Like 1

They are listed on the gaming sites and i found the game by doing a google search for crafting, house and sandbox i think it was. I also think they go to their local convention places too once a year so there is that they do although it is kind of localized.  

The best advertising you can get in this day in age that is affordable is through YouTube so it is always nice when i see players making positive videos on the game it really does help. I know when i see a game for sale that i am interested in even on steam i will hop on YouTube and look for a lets play on it to get more of a feel of how it is.  

Edited by Kegan

YouTube is the best way to advertise imo

trailer on front page would do wonders

It's actually not that easy to find wurm unless you know what terms to use. I myself only had a lucky a blunder while looking for a new game to play. I did not think to include building houses or crafting in my search and wurm is so much more than that anyway. this game needs more visibility, because more players equals more money to spend on optimization and servers. Tho I think it would be a definite safeguard to bring back the Golden Valley non premium test server.

I see how an influx of players could hurt wurm but the benefits seem to outweigh my concerns at least.

• Like 2

Problem with new players is that 8 from 10 stop to play it. Because of graphics, or functions or its time consuming or anything else. And that mess they mostly leave behind... :D

I would do this on steam but,

Problem with steam what i have got to is: If someone adverts this game on steam to just give it a try, you get instantly banned.

Steam gets no money is reason, as this game could totaly break steam store if itd be on it.

No matter how low your retention rate is, refusing to advertise is going to kill your game eventually. Relying on Let's Plays is just going to blow up in your face when enough declare candidly that you game is and people shouldn't play it. Ads always show you in the best light, critics don't. The lower retention rate just means you need more people to take a trial so that you retain from a broader base.

Each one of those players gave you an email addy and you know if that account hasn't logged in for a month. Get your PR guy (with input from the community*) to put together a candid exit poll and find out why it is that players aren't hanging around and use that as the basis for going forward instead of pandering to the same one or two hundred players that have dominated the game for almost a decade.

* by this I mean the community at large; not just the sycophants, secret advisory councils, leaders of pvp factions, loud forum warriors like me or the top spenders. You could be polling the crap out of all the players online... but you don't.

• Like 3

6+ years to get in multistory
8+ for bridges (and counting)
3+ years (and counting) of the Gods making retarded moves on Valrei
2+ years of character customization and still have memory issues with 50+ in local.
6+ months (and counting) of broken alters on Xanadu
5 months to fix animal spawns
3 months to fix floorboards 

These are a few examples of the main reason why people leave and advertising isn't going to change that one bit. When you take so long to fix current broken mechanics (i.e. floorboards for 3 months and alters for 6+), you (the provider of the service) come off as not giving a crap about your product.

Personally, I feel if Rolf advertises now (before the dev side is "up to par"), it's a waste. Sure, he can get 10k new subs, but 90% will leave after a year or two... and they won't be coming back. If he waits to advertise until after he gets his together, he might actually retain a decent figure.