Sign in to follow this  
Huntar

Drake now gives 30% heavy armor penalty?

Either I've never noticed the debuff present on my screen, or they just added it. But regardless, this immediately caught my eye after the server restart. Was this always around or did they just change it?

Yea they changed that about a moth ago and made Drake (Leather armour) classed as heavy armour :(

Yet another change to keep the PVPer's happy my friend.

Yea they changed that about a moth ago and made Drake (Leather armour) classed as heavy armour :(

Yet another change to keep the PVPer's make noone happy my friend.

• Like 1

The heavy armour penalty is only for spell casting and archery, and does not change movement speeds in any way.

• Like 1

Yes we know.....and after spending months of time and Prem working on Archery...arrow making and bowery thats now useless.

My skill has now dropped by 30% and we ALL know this change was for PVP but "Ah stuff PVE they will just have to like and lump it".

You guys REALY need to think about how changes like this will effect players b4 you just change stuff without thinking.

Thanks alot Rolf :(

• Like 1

yes because generalizing people into one group and saying they all did it surely helps

• Like 1

More over there are people who have high skills in archery and stay happy with this changes. So maybe they tought about it more then twice ;-)

I changed to cloth armor for casting and don't have the buff. I even tried taking everything off including my weapon. Still no buff. Or I don't see it. I very quickly see the debuff while in chain after I cast.

you would think drake and leather would get the penalty for casting, but not archery.  that is just standard for a midevil fantasy genre

I changed to cloth armor for casting and don't have the buff. I even tried taking everything off including my weapon. Still no buff. Or I don't see it. I very quickly see the debuff while in chain after I cast.

I just noticed something odd on this too.

My Fo follower/drafter is getting a 30% bonus to archery and casting for wearing cloth.  Mt Fo priest is not getting this bonus. I have un-equipped everything so she is at 0 weight, then reequiped to be sure it was only cloth, but nothing. I have them standing on the same tile but only the non-priest is getting a casting bonus???

Is this a bug or working as intended? If intended can it be explained why a non-priest gets a casting bonus?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I just noticed something odd on this too.

My Fo follower/drafter is getting a 30% bonus to archery and casting for wearing cloth.  Mt Fo priest is not getting this bonus. I have un-equipped everything so she is at 0 weight, then reequiped to be sure it was only cloth, but nothing. I have them standing on the same tile but only the non-priest is getting a casting bonus???

Is this a bug or working as intended? If intended can it be explained why a non-priest gets a casting bonus?

The effect is broke.

Put something on the character who is not getting the icon that is classified as "heavy" armor.

Your 30% penalty will show.

Now equipt a cloth piece in place of that "heavy" piece. Your 30% buff will show.

Yup its all the fault of those sneaky pvpers who whisper into Rolf's ear as he sleeps.

You know, the same pvpers who probably use dragon armors to begin with...

Edited by Klaa

Joking aside, Klaa, it's broken. It's been broken since the start. Domains on Xanadu are broken which makes it even worse over there because any bonus is better than a godless realm. I nerf myself in combat to get a buff and I don't get the buff. I might as well wear plate and not get the crap beat of out me then to get nothing for not having armor especially given that as soon as I cast a combat spell, my innate res stone is no longer there because I lack the required favor for it to work. So now I am in cloth, getting the crap beaten out of me, with no innate res stone, and no buffs. Remind me again why I pay premium for a priest in Wurm?

Yup its all the fault of those sneaky pvpers who whisper into Rolf's ear as he sleeps.

You know, the same pvpers who probably use dragon armors to begin with...

Here is the guilty party:

*AHEM* Right im just gonna ignore the whole "buff me buff me" discussion going on.

While the armour change proposed is a interesting concept, I don't think basing archery/spells on rng is a good idea.

Randomly getting "Your armour disturbs you." instead of doing any action is downright annoying.

I'd suggest 30% to -30% modifier in archery attack timers and a 30% to -30% dmg/heal modifier to  spells rather than a 30% RNG "failchance". (thus giving reliability in combat, yet nerfed performance)

Also just in general.... Buff archery accuracy against shield users, people who know how to properly use a shield simply doesnt die from archery. the block rate is far too high which makes non-priests in shipfights very weak. (this is comming from a priest that does a lot of pvp...)

Right here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/109847-spell-tweak-feedback-changes/?p=1118930

So, yeah... wasn't suggested by all PVPers, but it was a PVP (Epic, at that) player who suggested the ridiculous change. The nerf to casting was probably topped onto Zeke's suggestion by one of our brilliant devs...  :rolleyes: 

One does not a whole make.

Edited by Klaa

So I did some playing around. Seems I have to carry around a plate piece in my bag so I can put it in and then take it off so I can put on a cloth piece to get my bonus for wearing cloth. I also noted that 85QL studded leather with minimum 80 AoSP per piece is about as useful to have on as the cloth when fighting anything bigger than a spider. A ven croc fairly well handed my buttocks on a platter in it and then next three after did the same. The way things are going, just remove armor except plate and drake because none of the rest of it has any use whatsoever for protection nor for casting bonuses. Another item I will never spend a cent on in our market to get improved. I'm just as well imping a slab and tying it to my back as I move just as fast and have the same protections.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

Here is the guilty party:

Right here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/109847-spell-tweak-feedback-changes/?p=1118930

So, yeah... wasn't suggested by all PVPers, but it was a PVP (Epic, at that) player who suggested the ridiculous change. The nerf to casting was probably topped onto Zeke's suggestion by one of our brilliant devs...  :rolleyes: 

Except... it wasn't.

That is a comment made after Rolf already implemented the +/- difficulty , he is simply suggesting it effect timers instead of the difficulty+random fail chance it had at the time.

Noone suggested those penalties.

• Like 3

Well, for the purposes of this thread it does not matter how it came to be. The question has been answered; that said, I'm going to just snip it here before it turns into a big ol' debate thread.

*Click*

• Like 1