Sign in to follow this  
Bodge

Wagon lanterns.

It would be great to be able to attach a lantern to your wagon (or cart, maybe even tent). It would make it easier to find in the dark and look rather groovy too. Or alternatively just having a lit lantern in the wagon inventory being able to put out light.

Edited by Bodge
  • Like 21

Great idea! I would like to see 2 lanterns being able to be attached, one in the front and another at the back.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

I always thought something was needed for my cart (& wagon)! :)

Heck, don't stop with the wagon.. do this for all vehicles. Small and Large Carts, Wagons, Ship Transporters, Ships, and Boats.

• Like 6

I would love to see this happen, as well as make them dyable so we can have ground effects on our wagons XD

Heck, don't stop with the wagon.. do this for all vehicles. Small and Large Carts, Wagons, Ship Transporters, Ships, and Boats.

Much agreed.  I've seen some other posts on this and it would be awesome.  Keep a small barrel of oil in the cart or wagon, to keep light burning off deed, or simply make the special "vehicle" lamps able to hold much more tar/oil/etc, for very long burn times, when off deed.

Alternatively, this: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/112926-let-there-be-light-new-light-token-feature/

Small carts doesn't make as much sense, but +1 for all the others.

Reference Picture for Art team:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by KanePT

Agree +1 on lamp but it needs some code. I need a (sharp) stick to poke Alex and Erik with.

• Like 2

Agree +1 on lamp but it needs some code. I need a (sharp) stick to poke Alex and Erik with.

Yes, as I was thinking about this nice proposition of a hanging type lamp attached to wagons, the difficulty to code a moving lighted lamp occurred to me. This might be the impediment to accomplishing this, so hopefully your compatriots can come up with a viable solution.

They would be great for ships too and quite attractive I think for others on shore to see out upon the distant waters to attract their attention. More of the allure and charm added to Wurm such as this is always a welcome proposition.

Safe Travels

=Ayes=

+100

I have 2 bags of 100 carving knives back home if you need something to sharpen the stick with...

Yes, as I was thinking about this nice proposition of a hanging type lamp attached to wagons, the difficulty to code a moving lighted lamp occurred to me. This might be the impediment to accomplishing this, so hopefully your compatriots can come up with a viable solution.

They would be great for ships too and quite attractive I think for others on shore to see out upon the distant waters to attract their attention. More of the allure and charm added to Wurm such as this is always a welcome proposition.

Safe Travels

=Ayes=

Seeing as every player with a freaking lantern is a moving light source, not to mention lava critters... I think that's the easy part. The part that needs brand new code is more the ADDING a lamp on wagons.

I guess Wox will have to tweak their models a bit to allow for this as well.

• Like 1

Where would you like them to be mailed?

• Like 1