Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

Make Serryl Armor impable with steel / iron

After watching two full sets of serryl armour go through auctions with no bids, I was wondering why there is no demand for such awesome armour. Considering it protects like addy armour and has a cool and unique graphic, I figured this armour would be in high demand.

But unlike addy, there is no new high ql serryl being added to the game currently (unless you can get high ql serryl from valrei mobs, but so far I have only seen low/negative ql serryl drop). This seems to be the main reason why this armour is not being used.

Compare this to drake/scale armour which have sustained a high demand in auctions. Both of these armours can be imp'd by regular leather/steel.

My suggestion would be to make it so serryl plate armour can be imp'd using steel and serryl chain armour by iron. This would not increase the abundance of serryl in the game so it would hold its value, but it will make serryl armour more desirable to wear just as it does with drake/scale.

• Like 1

i agree i have just posted a similar suggestion but it gives a new way to get the high ql seryll lumps along with the other rare metals with a new mining reward like the new coin and bone system but anything that works is fine.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

It protects like glimmersteel, which is better than adamantine fyi. 

-1 to Epic, whatever for Freedom

• Like 1

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75aGG27dGUA

Personally dragon armor shouldnt even be impable with regular leather.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

-1, just add ways to acquire seryll lumps on freedom.

• Like 1

At first i was like wuut. But this idea kinda grew on me. +1

So the quest should be to nab the seryll lumps, to initially craft the items.

Then improve them with other metals. It could even be something crazy that its a random metal needed each time that type roll for improvements. Gol,d copper, lead,silver , zink, tin, iron, brass, bronze etc...

I havnt started yet, but i know from experience that improving a Chest or leg piece is no fun.

Those two will eat your lumps up so fast.

Otherwise, if not this, then ^^^ Ecrir's idea is solid.

Edited by Tissotx

Maybe provide a way to get seryll ore would be a better solution, I dunno about freedom, but I think most on epic aren't concerned about the price of the armor only the effect it gives.

seryll veins, 0.01kg per lump.

10x harder than gold+silver :)

• Like 1

seryll veins, 0.01kg per lump.

10x harder than gold+silver :)

Don't know what this would accomplish.  Once you have a set already, 0.01kg is still enough to do an imp, so the weight wouldn't really change anything.  With possible ore amounts being up to 10k, difficulty won't really matter

Make Seryll created thru  metallurgy. You must combine bronze and quicksilver(Iron+silver) to get raw Seryll. You then flux the raw Seryll with charcoal to get Seryll lumps.

If it has that many steps. It would be very tough to make large quantities of high QL Seryll, but it would be relatively easy to make crap QL stuff for skilling tools.

You could also roll this into an update with quicksilver. Quicksilver could give +damage to Valrei critters.  

• Like 3

Make Seryll created thru  metallurgy. You must combine bronze and quicksilver(Iron+silver) to get raw Seryll. You then flux the raw Seryll with charcoal to get Seryll lumps.

If it has that many steps. It would be very tough to make large quantities of high QL Seryll, but it would be relatively easy to make crap QL stuff for skilling tools.

You could also roll this into an update with quicksilver. Quicksilver could give +damage to Valrei critters.  

It doesn't matter how hard it is, if you give a reliable creation method, it will become the new standard for vets even more so than now and help create a larger imbalance between new and older players.  If seryll was not the strongest armor in the entire game along side glimmersteel, then it wouldn't be a big deal

It doesn't matter how hard it is, if you give a reliable creation method, it will become the new standard for vets even more so than now and help create a larger imbalance between new and older players.  If seryll was not the strongest armor in the entire game along side glimmersteel, then it wouldn't be a big deal

I would personally be fine with Seryll being great for skilling tools and only looking cool for plate armor TBH.

It being OP as an armor is the real issue, but we sorta have to deal with what Rolf does.

I would be all for specializing seryll armor as well. You could make it take significantly less damage from fire and/or reduced damage from uniques.

I feel this is the most interesting approach so far. But many posts have also mentioned that seryll armor becoming more readily available on the pvp server would increase the gap between new and old players, seryll would be the new plate and plate the new chain. Those posts pretty much show that wurm has some issues in armor design. For PvE servers it doesn't matter if those armors are more powerful and readily available, but for PvP servers it's apparently problematic.

So how about making Seryll was exactly as powerful as plate, but give it the advantage that it doesn't shatter (which all seryll stuff has right now, right?), and maybe that it takes a bit less damage than plate. Would it still increase the gap then? Or would plate be just as sufficient?

Maybe these armors need to be rebalanced so they aren't strictly better for PvP, so they can then be made more readily available, like through the metallurgy method you  propose. Adding alchemy into the process somewhere too could make it more interesting to create too. Alchemy is a really underused skill at the moment.

MrGary and co

Im using a 85+ QL Rare Full Steel Plate Set.

To what QL do I need estimate to improve a complete Seryl Plate Set to be better?

I'm curious then how many people would prefer scale and drake be impable only using scale and drake hide.

I think my main issue with serryl armor as it is right now is that people aren't wearing it. This awesome looking, super protecting armor gets added into the game and no one is using it because in its current state it is not usable without having serryl to reimp it.

By making serryl armor impable with iron/steel it will result in people using it as main armor, just as we see people using scale and drake as main armor.

Those who are arguing that it will widen the gap between old and new players, I say it will do the opposite. There will be more unique and usable armor to go around. This can only increase the availability of higher tired armor. I am curious to know how many who hold this view are playing PvP and they themselves use drake or scale. Maybe you are worried what might happen when more players are able to compete at that level.

Edited by McGarnicle

I think my main issue with serryl armor as it is right now is that people aren't wearing it. This awesome looking, super protecting armor gets added into the game and no one is using it because in its current state it is not usable without having serryl to reimp it.

By making serryl armor impable with iron/steel it will result in people using it as main armor, just as we see people using scale and drake as main armor.

Those who are arguing that it will widen the gap between old and new players, I say it will do the opposite. There will be more unique and usable armor to go around. This can only increase the availability of higher tired armor. I am curious to know how many who hold this view are playing PvP and they themselves use drake or scale. Maybe you are worried what might happen when more players are able to compete at that level.

Drake isn't even better than plate outside of walking faster, so the most common "main" armor on freedom can't really compare to seryll

MrGary and co

Im using a 85+ QL Rare Full Steel Plate Set.

To what QL do I need estimate to improve a complete Seryl Plate Set to be better?

like 70ql

lol

at like 75 its already just about as good as scale.