Sign in to follow this  
Onefiercestorm

I want to build a barn

I would like to construct a barn and put stables inside, but in order to do this I have to be able to build fences and gates anywhere inside of the structure on the first floor. I think a lot of people would appreciate this option! I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks

• Like 5

Agreed. I believe the reason it is currently set to the outter facing walls of the first floor was because of issues where people fell or clipped into the fence inside and would become stuck. IIRC it was being looked into for future fixing.

I believe....

Fence collision point goes all the way to the sky, the moon, the ceiling, whatever. If you could fly like a GM, way up in the sky, you still can't go over a fence because its collision goes all the way up.

If you build fences on the interior of your house you would collide with invisible walls on the second and higher stories.

If Wurm can change this its a good idea. More building freedom is always good.

+1

Fences are overpowered in invisible ways that are unnecessary for good gameplay, if not traditional gameplay.

• Like 1

That's a bummer you can't build fences inside... was planning on doing so for the stable I'm currently constructing. Couldn't they just cut off fences after 1 story high?

• Like 1

Would still like to see some half-height (or half-height with iron bars above) wall options for stable stalls and split-height stable-doors.

• Like 1

Or for that matter, could just make option for stables like they did walls, so they can be put inside of structures!  Just an idea    :) 

This plus the fact that it needs to have grass or a item that works as such like hay for the animals to feed on.

• Like 1

This plus the fact that it needs to have grass or a item that works as such like hay for the animals to feed on.

The new pile of mixed grass graphic covers this nicely :) very nice addition.

• Like 1

Whether or not you can have grass indoors or not - this option needs to be bumped. Its up to you if you really want to utilize it - collecting grass would be a pain in the long run, might even help keep animal count down though if people start doing this then stop playing? Their animals should starve a lot faster this way, or get released into the wild since buildings decay a lot faster than the fences do when players become inactive.

There are enough players playing this for pure building/decorational purposes - and I dont know how many times I have heard people say they made arched walls downstairs, just to realize they couldn't build fences inside of them. I am sure there are more people than who have commented here who would like to see this implemented.

Shouldn't be too difficult to at least incorporate some sort of "doors" that are lockable like regular house doors, and connected to the writ, but that utilize a look similar to a stable? Like this with the top open? As a door it should be possible to have it on inside walls = solves the "no fences in arched walls inside on first floor" issue.

shedrow-6506.jpg
For stone walls, just snaz it up with a wood that matches the current stone walls wood accents better, and stone walls around doors?
For timber version, use the timber frame housing type and color?