Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

Simple queue filling key press simulator

I'm asking for a simple software tool built into the client that, with some exceptions, duplicates what for example Logitech G-Keys do.

I don't like that you need a special keyboard/mouse to take advantage of a programming tool that lets you fill up your action queue with a single button push. One alternative is to start talking about third party macro/automation/scripting programs. While these will be able to fill the action queue they have a lot of other uses that won't be allowed. To make a long story short, the temptation of trying those other features is troublesome.

A simple key sequence sending tool integrated into the client would solve this issue. I have no idea what the syntax should look like. I just feel something like this would make useful tools available to all players. We could freely talk about it on the forums, give advice on different ways to use it. All the while Wurm retains control.

Would be slightly useful, probably more effort than it's worth though?

Edited by Darthryan

I would rather the time be spent putting in say an in-game auction house system or something else. We can buy the keyboards and mouses lets have the work done on something else i say... but i am not against it either other then i just spent $80 on a game keypad, lol

• Like 1

Honestly I don´t see the complication, wurm already have a similar command: exec.

Can be as simple as a command that reads a list of actions form a text file, one action per line.

Some people maybe don´t have that 80 bucks to expend so freely, or play wurm in a laptop and don´t have/don´t want to add a keyboard.

Edited by KunAlt

It would be a better idea to allow binding a series of keybinds to a single key. That should be a lot more feasible than a coding up a key press simulator.

example 1.

bind f Mine_forward ; Mine_forward ; Mine_forward ; Mine_forward

example 2.  And this could be setup in say improve.txt and activated with a console EXEC.

bind 1 ACTIVATE_TOOL1 ; IMPROVE ; REPAIR

bind 2 ACTIVATE_TOOL2 ; IMPROVE ; REPAIR

bind 3 ACTIVATE_TOOL3 ; IMPROVE ; REPAIR

bind 4 ACTIVATE_TOOL4 ; IMPROVE ; REPAIR

bind 5 ACTIVATE_TOOL5 ; IMPROVE ; REPAIR

• Like 1

I'm asking for a simple software tool built into the client that, with some exceptions, duplicates what for example Logitech G-Keys do.

If only we asked this same question to every game developer....  ;)

Edited by bwg

It would be a better idea to allow binding a series of keybinds to a single key. That should be a lot more feasible than a coding up a key press simulator.

example 1.

bind f Mine_forward ; Mine_forward ; Mine_forward ; Mine_forward

example 2.  And this could be setup in say improve.txt and activated with a console EXEC.

bind 1 ACTIVATE_TOOL1 

; IMPROVE ; REPAIR

bind 2 ACTIVATE_TOOL2 ; IMPROVE ; REPAIR

bind 3 ACTIVATE_TOOL3 ; IMPROVE ; REPAIR

bind 4 ACTIVATE_TOOL4 ; IMPROVE ; REPAIR

bind 5 ACTIVATE_TOOL5 ; IMPROVE ; REPAIR

Nice example! Seems like an easy addition.