Sign in to follow this  
guitarxe

How's it like for a returning player?

Hi folks!

I haven't played in a loooong time, and just happened to come across Wurm again the other day, and started reading the news, and WOW! So many updates! That's so strange, back when I played there was almost no development going on, but now it seems it has really ramped up!

So I want to start playing again, and what the heck why not start anew on a different server, new friends etc. One thing though, I remember back when I played the biggest problem was the tiny servers and the lack of space for people to settle. Is that still the case? Is there a recently new server to settle? And were the deed prices changed by any chance?

• Like 1

There's a huge server called Xanadu that's been available for a few months now, and deeds recently got 50% cheaper to place.

Remember Wild or JK home, Xanadu is 16x larger then that. Lot of players over there but there is still vast amounts of land there. A lot of the older servers have much more space now from people leaving to Xanadu, so really all the servers have some good places to settle.

Welcome Back!

A lot of people have been leaving Xanadu due to the emptiness, of other players and of mobs.  Not as many people want to be hermits as they think.

Come join the Horde over on the epic cluster. We have a new server over here just for the blightlighers :) Also we get faster skill gain then freedom :)

• Like 1

You know, I've always did want to try the pvp part of the game, but was too sissy to do it. But this might just be the right time to give it a shot. Only one question though - you can supposedly drain coins out of people's deeds during pvp, right? So then where can I keep my coins if I decide to place a deed? People taking the things that I made in the game when they kill me is one thing, but coins that I would have spent real money for is a big no-no for me.

There are all kinds of changes (arguably mostly for PvE or rather PvE in nature). Crafting got a big overhaul as well as many new items.

Everything you know changed, everything you used to do is gone and all you didn't think about is now possible.

You know, I've always did want to try the pvp part of the game, but was too sissy to do it. But this might just be the right time to give it a shot. Only one question though - you can supposedly drain coins out of people's deeds during pvp, right? So then where can I keep my coins if I decide to place a deed? People taking the things that I made in the game when they kill me is one thing, but coins that I would have spent real money for is a big no-no for me.

They can drain your deed at your settlement token. They get a % of your upkeep. It is best to make your deed surrounded by walls and dirt walls.  Also, people don't raid deeds that much. If you see any enemy in your local just tell someone from the main alliance and people will come protect your area.

As someone who just returned <30 days ago, I can say that the many improvements are very, very welcome. Its largely the same Wurm you remember, but better... Except for the increase of premium price... That really, really sucks (adding that I pay in Canadian $, which really hits hard, and I run half as many prems as I used to)...