Sign in to follow this  
blizzerd

Mooring rope allows you to hitch 1 boat to your boat

Mooring rope allows you to hitch 1 boat to your boat, the hitched boat will follow your ship about 1 ships length behind you, it cant be bigger then the one you are driving, and 25% speed loss for a ship the same size, half of that for a ship a size smaller, half of that for one size smaller even, etc...

driver getting out of the lead boat or someone getting in the driver seat breaks the hitch, people can sit in the hitched ship.

• Like 1

25% speed loss for a ship the same size, half of that for a ship a size smaller, half of that for one size smaller even, etc...

With the crappy ligh breezes we used to have in the case of say 2 knarr that would mean standing still in the middle of the ocean,

Other than that +1.

Edited by Nikab

+1

No speed loss only becouse winds.

Edited by Martynas5

With the crappy ligh breezes we used to have in the case of say 2 knarr that would mean standing still in the middle of the ocean,

Other than that +1.

I have towed boats with boats before in RL and be grateful OP is asking for only a little speed degradation.  I think this would be nice, but in reality, this would not work for sailing boats, if they towed one of equal size.  Would work towing a smaller boat though.

In reality towing a ship is like towing an ancher, its nearly impossible with rowing boats

this is a purely practical suggestion, therefore 25% is a lot of speed loss, but its less if you pull a sailing boat with a knarr for example

as i just suggested it, it would be like this

boat%20speeds.png

Edited by blizzerd

In real life I've towed two sail boats in line with a third and had no real problems (of course it was a brisk day and these were fast small boats).