Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 43

It would hardly be a full time job, a simple glance at the forums would have taken 12 seconds at most to see people weren't happy. Then perhaps 5 minutes of your day to talk to rolf and address peoples valid concerns or is that too much to ask from a Public Relations Officer?

Speak for yourself friend. I'm extremely happy with this game. Wouldn't be choosing my valuable time to play Wurm instead of all the other games popping up constantly if this were not so. Not saying that there isn't room for improvement, but considering the available resources for a game this massive, I think those guys do an amazing job all things considered. Being a game developer myself and knowing what the life is like in the studio on a daily basis,  I can assure you that the guys in the team are probably more aware of how people are feeling than you give them credit for. Just because they don't have all day long to respond to people in the forums does not mean they're not reading the posts and discussing amongst themselves. You have to remember that commenting on any post will most often spiral out into a long and time consuming discussion that they will feel obligated to follow and further comment on. And as anyone knows who has worked in a small company, most times everyone involved is wearing several hats and has more responsibilities than just the title you see here. 

• Like 4

Waahaha. Now if I can get the retroactive Rare Bones and Emeralds for the million digs I've done... j/k :P

So I am guessing you are talking about tree textures as it is the trees that are being worked on.

They are not related to visual difference in materials on objects.

Other then that there really is not much to say at the moment.

Ah forgive me, bad wording. I mean the different textures of the new fine carpentry items sorry. Such as bed, bedside table, ect.

Nothing like some kind words before you sneak in a feature request haha.

Whatever happened to unconditional love?

It is unconditional, but it requires some reinforcing :P

• Like 1

Oh wow, very nice!

I can imagine how difficult it may have been to design proper bridges, so it looks you've done some good job. Also, love the work with furnishes, been waiting those for so long and they look absolutely lovely. :) Keep up the good work, you are making us Wurmians so happy or at least me. ;)

• Like 1

Great to see some progress is being made on bridges! And I can't wait to find or breed a black sheep. The bird cage is cool... what would be cooler is the ability for us to build an Aviary type building and capture wild birds such as hawks, owls, crows etc. to house in them like we are able to do with other animals.

• Like 1

i already have an idea for the bridges connecting buildings on my deed. Can't wait to see how it all works out. 

Good work guys! 

I couldn't find anywhere else to post this.  I'm trying to hop onto the test server and give this new stuff a try, but I keep getting an error about "All attempts failed for META-INF/MANIFEST.MF"  I think it's saying that the file it's finding in my .jar is different from what it expects, but I haven't touched anything (and won't, as it's against the rules).  It won't let me log into the test server unless this .jar is successfully checked and/or updated.

I would have posted this on the Public Test board but all the topics there are locked and, of course, I can't make a thread there.

Carnaxus, you would probably need to post in the forums 'Maintenance Buildings' (the bottom part of the forums) to find an answer to your question - my guess would be in the 'Technical Issues'-forum in there.

Carnaxus, you would probably need to post in the forums 'Maintenance Buildings' (the bottom part of the forums) to find an answer to your question - my guess would be in the 'Technical Issues'-forum in there.

Good point.  Thanks!