Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 43

I love that the devs have continue to give us items to decorate with.  I'm sure there are those out there that don't like all the "fluff" but I personally think it's great to be able to nicely decorate ones Wurm living space.

• Like 2

the digging is suggestive that it has to be a change in original terrain level. since dig, drop, dig, drop and repeat does not give chance of a reward...

Does this work on old terraformed locations or will it be some sort of timer system where if a hill is built up, upon time passing and the hill is dug down, will that give a chance or would the digger have to go past the origin of elevation into 'dew depths' of elevation?

Do you realize I have been keeping these going for about a year now?

Keep on Wurming!

Redbaron,

Certainly your Weekly Updates have been one of the shining highlights of this forum. I find them always to be something to look forward to with your enthusiastic and optimistic announcements of new options to choose from being introduced into the game, no matter the time frame involved. You seem to me well suited to this task and I sincerely hope that you will continue with these delightful presentations for the years to come of Wurm's further evolutionary process.

Got a chuckle out of those wool hat pictures. Not quite sure how popular they will be. Perhaps the current fashion of newbie spotting from longer distances, bringing a sly grin to my expression that none will detect, as I wave them a fond greeting for their adroit choice of headwear identification.

And those black sheep. It would be a nice perk if we could assign those within our possession various player names, as a tribute to the high regard in which we hold them. Old wives tales wagged with tails painted black, in rhythm to sounds of dissonance obscured within images darkened over time through old refrains unsung, in melodious tunes within the sounds of silence.

More nice'es soon to arrive!

*tips hat to Wurm Dev's*

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 5

//No comment hahaha

:(

My kid wants to make a toon that looks llike him named after himself.

Do you only get gems digging dirt and sand? Or can you get it digging clay and tar :/

Edit: I already got my answer from someone in my village :)

Edited by DOE

So...

What about vyn, mag and lib?

Fo priests can get emeralds from digging, fantastic! but rare bones too? what about us mag, lib and vyn priests who arent allowed to dig?

Not to mention that lib priests from chaos can come over to freedom and dig and get rare bones which no other WL priest can do because their priest restrictions are lifted Red-Baron.

Edited by demondan

Admit it, you guys are probably into conspiracy theory's in general?

Hahaha this post was planned already!

(And I know, that is most likely just a part of this plot!)

haha so true.

Those wool hats should have been tin foil hats! :P

Great info again, thanks to all.

I'm hoping bridges will be able to be built close to water level. (As in at water level) :)

I would only say, that perhaps, had he replied to a few of the biggest complaints, instead of letting Rolf tell everyone off, there would be less complaints to deal with :)

Rolf told everyone off again?

Damn, I missed it.

I hope on "wool cap" that is a beginner item to skill up and that higher skilled tailors can also attempt an "Elaborate Wool Cap"

3b46575fae8e9a80c842a11f96e01768.jpg

PS: I am very happy to hear all the updates so this is a "hurrah!" and not a criticism ^_^ )

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Johan,

Great update! And yes, finally bridges. I am making a deed with those in mind, so I can't wait!

And you know what would go great in that bird cage? Valdor action figure.

• Like 3

Oh, no haha. Seriously? I have such a hard time imagining that turning out anything but tacky.

I suspect you might be one of the people that has the fabulous level required for that Lounge Chaise.

How about a new kitchen table to go with the high chairs, instead of gem encrusted furniture. pretty pretty please

• Like 1

You so funny!

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

So...

Fo priests can get emeralds from digging, fantastic! but rare bones too? what about us mag, lib and vyn priests who arent allowed to dig?

Not to mention that lib priests from chaos can come over to freedom and dig and get rare bones which no other WL priest can do because their priest restrictions are lifted Red-Baron.

So...

Apparently soon you will be able to Build a bridge DD

c533fe1140db662da258dc8569a7e5e8.jpg

So...

Lib and Mag can mine so they can get plenty of gems and other resources like ores, before this update that was way more useful than digging. Vynora on the other hand can only get logs, but I don't mind much since some of the best enchants are available to vynora priests.

Overall I think it's fine.

• Like 4

I am not talking about Gems. Gems for FO is a great step forward, but then only allowing digging for rare bones is two steps back.

Pretty sure it is just dirt.

Is this a definite answer or best guess?

I am not talking about Gems. Gems for FO is a great step forward, but then only allowing digging for rare bones is two steps back.

On the other hand Mag/Lib can mine for ores. We all know how important iron ore is. In comparison, Fo can gather dirt and clay. Importance wise clay is about equal to rock shards (both are needed for walls), dirt only serves a terraforming purpose. Then Vyn shows up with logs and a ton of good enchants. I feel that Mag/Lib/Vyn are still in a very good spot.

So I think it's fine.