Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 43

It is true. I do not deny it.

What it also is, is hard to justify as a full time job which is close to what it would take to keep track of everything written here all the time.

But just having a good time hanging out talking with Wurmians all day long! Does not sound half bad ;)

It would hardly be a full time job, a simple glance at the forums would have taken 12 seconds at most to see people weren't happy. Then perhaps 5 minutes of your day to talk to rolf and address peoples valid concerns or is that too much to ask from a Public Relations Officer?

• Like 1

Digging now holds a chance to reward you with Rare Bones & Emeralds.

I love you.

• Like 1

It would hardly be a full time job, a simple glance at the forums would have taken 12 seconds at most to see people weren't happy. Then perhaps 5 minutes of your day to talk to rolf and address peoples valid concerns or is that too much to ask from a Public Relations Officer?

A 12 seconds glance at most to get enough and accurate information to then forward to Rolf to address the valid concerns of plethora of people? Fast reader you must be.

It took me a tad bit more time to read through all 137 replies in 1 thread, quite a lot of them rather detailed and long in word count. No idea about other potential threads that popped up in the process, either....

Some more time spent on looking into such topics as PR Officer wouldn't hurt at all indeed, but you're going for quite the ad ridiculum there, imo

• Like 3

You are over simplifying things for sure.

But of course it is easy to find posts where drama is brewing.

That being said though, we are not inclined diving into just anything just because of that.

And do you think that is really our responsibility?

• Like 2

doing that you mostly hear the loudest people, not the entire community

for 10 players complaining about something and making noise about something, it doesn't means that there is not 200 happy players who stay quiet.

Edited by Zetuka
  • Like 2

Oh I am sorry, I understand you wanted the sheep cage as a viable option to the bird cage.

I do understand this, I am also quite fond of the idea.

But it is not a matter of time you see, they just did not agree with me that this is something that belongs in the lands of Wurm!

Outrageous, I know right?

Also, all items need code for implementation.

Setting up parameters for how they will be crafted.

What tools, materials, skill level requirements etc.

all this talk about cages makes me think there could be hope for one of these to transport animals across water in a boat..heh

• Like 3

You are over simplifying things for sure.

I'll happily admit that yes i plucked the numbers out of thin air, but then also it certainly would not have taken the full day to see that something was wrong.

That being said though, we are not inclined diving into just anything just because of that.

I'd agree, you shouldn't just go delving into any random forum drama as most, if not all, is hot air that will blow over in a few days, however in this case i very much think yes, you should have taken the time to investigate further.

And do you think that is really our responsibility?

As Public Relations Officer i would say that it's very much your responsibility to liaison with the paying customers and general public when such a contentious issue is at hand. Let me ask you this, do you think it's not your responsibility?

Brid cage...

Here is potential test of "Barn", well it could be. Put animals in a cage or pen and use client side resources to move or animate them. Behind the scenes, server side, the animals placed in a cage shifts their specific details out of actively managed animals AI to an archive. Then have the cage (server) do herd level actions (simultaneous equation - food stores, nutrition over time, dirtiness, cleanliness over time, constructed of how many tiles, and animal count)  for the whole group of animals contained within. Feed all animals at once with a single food supply. A player cleans the barn which counts a grooming many animals; Further, the cleaning could take a lot more time to equalize grooming many individual animals. With this we could easily start raising lots of different animals. It wouldn't be a problem at all if every player had 50 hens, 20 pigs, 20 sheep, 20 horses, 20 cows. Yes all those animals, even on a size 11x11 deed!

I hope bridges between buildings will be possible, even if it the bridge must be completely flat. Some really creative stuff that could be done with that option.

• Like 2

Before you even add bridges to the game Email me DEV team and let me know so i can put your bridges to the test. If it can be broke or manipulated I will do it thats a given. My construction builds are in and out side of a box. If you recall Rolf what was possible to build in multi story video I did and what you and the rest of you devs came to see that you didn't know it was possible to do what I was doing on test.

Reason I say Email me is I'm getting in to the c# language and doing alot of class and work and seems that I'm not playing wurm as much as I normally do. So if you give me a day I will test and break it for you before you go live with it so you can fix anything I will do with it that you didn't want to be done.

Can we look into adding tall iron fences to archways and tall iron gates I know it was a bug and we wasn't suppose to be able to do it but once it was done you got to admit it looked real cool. I would maybe shrink the gate and fence model to fit archways better so it looks better.

Also can we add the new trellis to be inside as well. Reason not everyone builds a single building. Some of us have high Carpentry and we will use a massive frame and build 2 to 4 buildings in it. When this is done some inner walls are now considered outer walls regardless what the writ says. And not being able to lay the trellis  on these walls take away from decorating our villages up along these type of buildings.

Great job like that things are moving faster now days so you guys keep up the pace good things should come your way.

Once you get collision in real good can we see about adding trellis to multi story walls? Castle type buildings and this is my own opinion will just look blah with a single set of trellis's  going around only the bottom of these type of buildings. Traditional trellis's would go up to second and third story buildings. This is just a reminder if you haven't thought to do this in the future.

Edited by Arkonick
  • Like 1

Great update.

I shall not complain when i need to terraform tons of land now.

When you say bridges will be coming in a 'big' update that makes me think it would be with the annual December Winter update--which, now that I think about it, is really not that far away. I wonder what else will be coming out at that time? The Winter update is usually the most significant of the year for Code Club. And, while we are speaking of big updates, can the team tuck in two more overall game play improvements: faster boat speed and WoA/CoC on Water for Tempering!

I'd like to note that you have been posting in this weekly update comments section more than usual, even answering a few questions about the updates in your OP: this is *really* great to see. I encourage you to participate and engage with posters on all future weekly updates--specifically when it is to address questions/clarifications people may have about your Weekly Update Post and further details about the upcoming changes.

Thanks and Keep up the great work!

• Like 2

What ever happened to the newer tree's wood finish, you know the Walnut, Chestnut, Linden and Fir ? They all still look like Birch :(

Or is one of my favorite aspects of the game going away ?

It seems like all the new stuff that comes out has a cookie cutter finish that no matter what wood you use the finish is all the same.

It's really a shame.

• Like 3

Thanks for the update on the new items coming our way! Bird cages, does this mean we might get some new birds to put in them? 

~Panicked voice~

"Rolf, the players are up in arms about recent announcements, what do we do?

~sunglasses~

"Bridge teaser"

• Like 2

Obligatory bridge po... oh hrm  :wacko:

Anyways im off to go digging on my Fo priest  :P

There is need for some disgression when replying to comments or complaints. If Johan was to start replying to every complaint and suggestion in these forums he would perhaps need to give up his family and become recluse just so he could reply to all.

Just remember for the 10 people complaining there are a lot greater number that aren't.

Sweet update, thanks Johan

• Like 5

There is need for some disgression when replying to comments or complaints. If Johan was to start replying to every complaint and suggestion in these forums he would perhaps need to give up his family and become recluse just so he could reply to all.

Just remember for the 10 people complaining there are a lot greater number that aren't.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

I would only say, that perhaps, had he replied to a few of the biggest complaints, instead of letting Rolf tell everyone off, there would be less complaints to deal with :)

• Like 2

Now you give the digging reward now that I am 93 digging from teriforming my deeds several hundred K's of dirt in 6 months and I am done .   Now that my digging is finaly done the rewards come out oh well that life its all about timeing hehehe.  Bridges well nice to hear but I am still not holding my breath its hard to add a true 3D element in a semi 3D game.   I will jump for joy once its done till then I will not hold my breath as its no minor project.