Sign in to follow this  
Finnishpkt

Gems in the dirt

That is awesome.. wait, why did this have to happen after we all got 90+ digging!!?!?!?!

• Like 1

I've dug plenty today, like around 1K+ and no gem.  I call a bug with your muck.

Get your shovels ready !

Not a bug.

So I am foraging each tile before I dig it up and finding a rare coin here and there and now might find a star gem when I actually dig it up. All I need now is a chance for a 99QL chicken leg and a smooth foamy beverage to pop up and I'm good to go!

Is there a chance someone long ago dropped a gem in the same area you were digging?

"Not a bug." So it was confirmed by developers? I like the idea especially since they seem quite rare. 

I don't think it will drop the price of gems. Someone digs 1000 times and gets nothing, they are going to move on to something else. People who always dig, will be happy. Happier than getting yet another rare dirt clod ^_^

On a new server you get a sudden influx of gems because more people are mining more, as a normal activity. As the server ages and BSBs fill with iron lumps, most mining work is completed and the amount of mining starts to drop. as does the amount of new gems added to the system. Yet even though priests are still blowing gems up as always, gem prices stay relatively stable (they fluctuate more based on how many people are grinding up priests to sell. One major buyer offering above market rates for gems has a much more lasting impact on prices.).  IF this new RolfApproved third party player auction site makes some people more likely to buy a priest character (who did not before because they did not really know reputations of other players and were worried about scams), then other people are going to be more in a rush to power level some priests up fast. So I expect gems to be in more demand. And the price for tool/weapon enchants to continue to decline, making priests less sought after overall and dropping demand again for gems. Meantime people will avvounce the economy is broken each time gem prices increase, and that the economy is broken each time gem prices drop again.  

Maybe also we will finally get some nice Jewelrycraft additions that put gems in higher demand too. Especially with our new wool-fur-leather-fancypancy clothes. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Is it digging only not level action? thats probably the trick to that digging 1k and getting nothing.

is that now? :(  i've already dug over 120k of dirt/sand and my deed is almost finished

hope all diging actions give gem same as mining... so if u dig clay you can get it too

is that now? :(  i've already dug over 120k of dirt/sand and my deed is almost finished

Happens! :P

And yep, it isn't a bug.

I hope it works on leveling too, I can't be bothered to start 'real' digging again, thats like sooooo 2012

• Like 2

I hope it works on leveling too, I can't be bothered to start 'real' digging again, thats like sooooo 2012

QFT

I ran out of likes but real digging was 65 points ago before the world of level appeared.

Way to go with the patch notes, CodeClub

For once there is a specific reason this wasn't added to patchnotes, but I admit I don't remember what it was. I just remember there was some sort of conversation about it.

For once there is a specific reason this wasn't added to patchnotes, but I admit I don't remember what it was. I just remember there was some sort of conversation about it.

It's actually nice to see some random happenings in game which we weren't aware of.  Unless things are potentially game breakers I enjoy not having stuff like this in patch notes - adds to the mystery of the game.

I mean they haven't released the full list of rare items and their effects... so it's all good!

I now have a reason to look forward to digging through my massive hill to start a mine entrance!

Offhand I would guess it was meant as a pleasant surprise for diggers.

And I would assume the gem ql works akin to mining gems?

Edited by Klaa