Sign in to follow this  
Ravenclaw

New Hedges

seem they only done Maple so far all rest hedge types are same as old one, so anyone who mixed maple with other hedges are going to have mis-match for while

darn maple and cedar now look wildly different and I have some hedges that are mixed so now I guess, chop down and replant the mis matched ones...

** edit: oh, will they match later or will all hedges be unique based on the tree?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

darn maple and cedar now look wildly different and I have some hedges that are mixed so now I guess, chop down and replant the mis matched ones...

** edit: oh, will they match later or will all hedges be unique based on the tree?

Yea i wondering this, not sure if they will update all hedge to use same graphic and this just test phase, or if they will give all types a different look.

I suppose they pro/cons to either approach

yes pros and cons for either, I will be happy with any choice just have to know whether to chop down and replant half my hedges  or just be patient :D

yes pros and cons for either, I will be happy with any choice just have to know whether to chop down and replant half my hedges  or just be patient :D

I'd wait for a bit...

i just wish they fix hedge bashing so that they don't trash out tools so harshly.

Why should a bash cycle on hedge deal 5.00 damage to my tool when same tool can bash a stone wall and take 0.01 damage

• Like 3

Snazzy. No more green sponges! Looking forward to seeing the other hedges when they come out.

Edited by Karthannar
  • Like 1

It's clearly maple leaves so I don't expect they will change cedar hedges to that  :)

and yeah this looks beautiful :D finally they dont look like painted stonewalls anymore hehe

i just wish they fix hedge bashing so that they don't trash out tools so harshly.

Why should a bash cycle on hedge deal 5.00 damage to my tool when same tool can bash a stone wall and take 0.01 damage

did you use a maul or hatchet on them?:) cause it's making a difference

Beautiful! It is great to see this upgraded artwork finally being done on hedges. I have enjoyed planting them for their various uses, so this improvement to their esthetics is a most welcome addition. The only change I would prefer is that their tops would retain that rounded contour instead of this new one of jagged tops.

I remember some time back there was mention of doing this, so when planting them I have always been careful not to mix types. That the leaves on this maple hedge resemble maple leaves does suggest to me that the other hedges will all have their individual looks accordingly. Also the fact that none of the others have had their appearance changed.

Some nice flowers scattered through the rose, oleander, camellia and lavender hedges would suit those well and probably make them more popular for planting accents. Happy with the maple hedge look thus far and looking forward to the rest being redone accordingly. A well done sneaky change!

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

and yeah this looks beautiful :D finally they dont look like painted stonewalls anymore hehe

did you use a maul or hatchet on them? :) cause it's making a difference

it same for all tools tried them all and the shred every tool type badlt, you can loose like 10QL just bashing couple of off deed hedges

I've been planting maple hedges all week. What leafy goodness they are now.

Pk9pbPU.jpg

After poking into the graphics pack a bit, they also have seasonal changes unlike current hedges.. If you liked the presence of green from hedges in winter, you won't be getting them with this model.

Current type hedges also have an added winter model, but it remains mostly green with a dusting of snow.

If you want to take a look, copy your graphics.jar, rename to graphics.zip and unpack. Hedges are in the structures folder.

• Like 1