Sign in to follow this  
jackbeau

Redistribution of $$ from traders

All $$ from traders should go to Rolf. Players should not be able to drain/sell anything from traders.

Traders have been misused for long time.

To reward players that support this game buy buying premium and/or items from traders, give us monthly rewards like those yellow potions.

But be a little more generous than potions, perhaps seryll items and items worth few silvers.

Giving random rewards monthly would get $$ circulating and reward the players that support this game.

Anyways, just a suggestion.

ofc ppl that wont like this idea are the one camping traders or have 9 trader deeds...

• Like 1

System has evolved to far to be pulled out without Rolf probably losing a large portion of the community.

System has evolved to far to be pulled out without Rolf probably losing a large portion of the community.

why you do that anyway?  you know why traders are ingame at first place?  to feed huge deeds upkeeps... remember that...

All $$ from traders should go to Rolf. Players should not be able to drain/sell anything from traders.

Traders have been misused for long time.

To reward players that support this game buy buying premium and/or items from traders, give us monthly rewards like those yellow potions.

But be a little more generous than potions, perhaps seryll items and items worth few silvers.

Giving random rewards monthly would get $$ circulating and reward the players that support this game.

Anyways, just a suggestion.

ofc ppl that wont like this idea are the one camping traders or have 9 trader deeds...

You realize this would drastically reduce the amount of money in circulation, correct?

I also love how you pre-dismiss anyone who disagrees with you. Kudos.

Edited by Darthryan

Why are people still posting on this subject? O.o And i'm sorry, i mean no offense but this is the worst idea i've heard so far -.- and no i don't have even 1 trader nor i have campers...

• Like 2

It's called give an inch, take a mile. Money was diverted from traders to foraging and loot for kills. Isn't that a decent enough trade off for people without traders?

I don't have a trader. I didn't invest 50s in one. But I sure in hell would be hot if it was yanked away from me if I had. I also put absolutely nothing into that grass tile but I can get a little something out. Sure, I won't forage as much as a good ratio'd trader will get but it's something from nothing. That being said, however, I have foraged up 90c. That's not too far off from what some trader owners report getting off their 50s investment a month.

TLDR: You got a cut. Stop asking for more.

• Like 1

why you do that anyway?  you know why traders are ingame at first place?  to feed huge deeds upkeeps... remember that...

I have had big deeds in past and never have I had a Trader to "feed huge deed upkeeps". If a Player wants a big deed than pay for it. Stop asking the Wurm community for a welfare check. When a Player drains a Trader they are taking from the Wurm community what is not theirs to take imho.

All Trader profits should go to Rolf for operation and improvement of the game, not to Players. Why Rolf thought this was a good idea when he started it baffles me.

Edited by geode

I have had big deeds in past and never have I had a Trader to "feed huge deed upkeeps". If a Player wants a big deed than pay for it. Stop asking the Wurm community for a welfare check. When a Player drains a Trader they are taking from the Wurm community what is not theirs to take imho.

All Trader profits should go to Rolf for operation and improvement of the game, not to Players. Why Rolf thought this was a good idea when he started it baffles me.

Nobody asked for the "welfare" it was offered from the get go by Rolf.

If people chose to take up that offer, don't ######.

Not when you see people that never foraged before in their lives now getting on pretty serious foraging levels just because now there's coins.

There's a big difference between people that chose to fork up 50s to access a by all means legitimate game mechanic than those that whined and bitched till they could have that same perk without paying. And even after getting that (through SELL) it wasn't enough and kept on whining till they got the new system, which now they exploit, getting more from that than many people get on their traders, so much so that apparently the coffers have been drained in some servers. So you might want to review who has been seeking for welfare and who hasn't.

Nobody asked for the "welfare" it was offered from the get go by Rolf.

If people chose to take up that offer, don't ######.

Not when you see people that never foraged before in their lives now getting on pretty serious foraging levels just because now there's coins.

There's a big difference between people that chose to fork up 50s to access a by all means legitimate game mechanic than those that whined and bitched till they could have that same perk without paying. And even after getting that (through SELL) it wasn't enough and kept on whining till they got the new system, which now they exploit, getting more from that than many people get on their traders, so much so that apparently the coffers have been drained in some servers. So you might want to review who has been seeking for welfare and who hasn't.

I haven't foraged once since the changes was put in. I don't play Wurm to make money.

Rolf offered players the ability to drain Traders years ago and yes people took it, but it does not mean I agree with Rolf on that particular feature or the people that accepted his offer. In general I only voiced my distaste of the feature when a discussion thread like this one was started, and in many threads I never posted my opinions at all.

and I will "######" when I wish to, just like others do. I won't tell you that you aren't allowed to ######. I think that's fair.

Edited by geode

The regular daily trader bashing post... i dont have 9 traders, i dont have alts to drain public traders, OP doesnt has either. I dont care, so why does it bother you that there are players who bought traders for hundreds of euros (silvers)?

Rolf devised traders therefore he should be the one to determine whether or not they are beneficial to him.  The arrogance of some people.

• Like 1

Although I tend to agree with you, this was recently addressed and a change was made that could alleviate the problem somewhat. Even though i don't think that change was adequate, it was substantial and it is probably best to let this change operate for a while and see what effect it has before pushing for more drastic changes. Going for the kill now just provides an easy strawman to knock down for the people that want to keep their traders fully functional and for provocateurs in that camp to rally support.

So because I disagree with this idea it means that I camp traders or have 9 trader deeds? Well, I don't.

There are many other ways that are much better than this one for traders...