Sign in to follow this  
Baloo

Player Auctions Costly

Reading the small print:

What are the fees to sell on PlayerAuctions? Back to Top      

PlayerAuctions charges sellers a small fee when they complete an order. Seller fees vary depending on the method chosen for disbursement as well as the product type sold. Please see the table below for details.

Seller Fees & Disbursements

Disbursement Method Secure Order-Processing Fee Powerleveling Order Surcharge Game Account Order Insurance Surcharge icon_paypal_big.gif

9.99% + $0.99
(all PayPal fees waived)

+5% +2% moneybooker_v4.gif

9.99% + $0.99 + $0.50

To learn more about fees and disbursements, please refer to our Seller Fees & Disbursement section.

• Like 3

The fee's are correct yes.

However, bare in mind that most sellers on here will sell at a slighly higher prices to mitigate those fees.

Edited by Virtualtrades

but after all it is basically a 10% of selling price insurance that you receive your goods or get the money back. If you are dealing with a trusted seller in wurm I would not consider it worth, but I still think it is an opportunity for people to buy accounts that otherwise would not have done so.

• Like 2

Is this a big problem in wurm and in the real world?

My account is 7 years old, with 10000+ hours gameplay.

With a avarage irl work salvery that would be worth 7 years x 300000 kronor / 10 = 210000 euro

With a consultant hour fee it would be worth maybe 10000 hours x 40 euro per hour = 400000 euro 

The real value of my monster account might be max 1000 euro

That means the work i put into my online char is 1000 euro / 10000 hours = 0.10 euro per hour

So if I sold my account it would mean i would end up in the Guiness World Record book as; Tissotx the cheapest labour of all time.

If you guys want money, get a job in real life!

• Like 13

If you sell a rather high end account, then it's just a small price to pay imo if it eliminates the risk of losing it all.

Is this a big problem in wurm and in the real world?

My account is 7 years old, with 10000+ hours gameplay.

With a avarage irl work salvery that would be worth 7 years x 300000 kronor / 10 = 210000 euro

With a consultant hour fee it would be worth maybe 10000 hours x 40 euro per hour = 400000 euro 

The real value of my monster account might be max 1000 euro

That means the work i put into my online char is 1000 euro / 10000 hours = 0.10 euro per hour

So if I sold my account it would mean i would end up in the Guiness World Record book as; Tissotx the cheapest labour of all time.

If you guys want money, get a job in real life!

Hahah, but that fame from Guiness World Record Book ;) Can you imagine become THAT famous ;)

• Like 1

From what I understood from his post, It may be optional, but strongly recommended.

From what I understood from his post, It may be optional, but strongly recommended.

indeed

It is optional I presume. It's just another way of which you can sell.

I can see this new site being used for very high-value items.  But for day to day trading, the forums will suite me fine.  

Of course, Rolf could create an in-game auction house and that would make transactions 100% safe and not cost players additional fees.  

• Like 6

How about I COD it to the buyer who has to pay for it to take it out of their mailbox and I don't get back 3.5s for a 5s sale?

• Like 2

Keep in mind, Player Auctions is only for RMT sales. It doesn't cover anything to do with silver sales.

• Like 1

i think is great.... just do 10% higer price... and no problem :D   there is nothing to buy jet... 

I dunno...if there are 2 guys selling drake sets, only one costs €100 and the other costs €110, but goes through a third-party site (which doesn't really offer anything extra), which one will you go with?  It's not unexpected that anyone selling such high-end stuff will be reasonably known in the community and be able to provide some references.  Personally, I'm pretty happy with buying my stuff off the forums, and not paying an extra 10%, so I won't be bothering with PlayerAuctions.  I tend to keep an eye on WTS and WTA forums here, and that's the way I'm planning to leave it.

I did not read the site but how would that even work with items do they buy the item/account from you? Now if the system was integrated in the game itself with like a trader/auction house thing then okay but to just go to a third party site seems i can just do that myself for a cheaper price now with PayPal and have been doing that for years now.  If i deal with players that have been buying and selling for years here i feel like i am already pretty safe to be honest.

Lets not forget that we well also be paying PayPal their normal fees on top of this new sites costs too since we can not just send as a gift with little to no fees. I wont be selling any of my items there and if they force us to use their site instead of the forums to buy and sell things for real life money then it might be the end of wurm for me.  

Edited by Kegan

Assumption, that PayPal side of transaction will be more secured. How some third party can check and prove in game part of transaction? Logs and screenshots are not that hard to fake.

Somehow I do not see such transaction even little bit more secure than on this forum.

Keep in mind, Player Auctions is only for RMT sales. It doesn't cover anything to do with silver sales.

I see you answering a lot of things in these forums so are you involved in this site somehow? 

Kegan i trust you...

I trust that you pay 25% of your wurm income as Taxes to the Swedish Goverment

happyswedenflag.gif

• Like 1

A site that doesn't even allow you to switch to the Euro as a currency? in 2014? No thanks.

• Like 1

I dont believe the forum method of trading is broken

Scenario 1: Player A sends ITEM to Player B with CoD set to the cost. Player B Receives and is charged.

Scenario 2: Player A travels to Player B, sets up a trade... money and goods are swapped.

Which part of this is unsafe or not working?

Scenario 3: Player A is selling Account #1 to Player B... uses verified PayPal and exchanges password details on receipt... this is a protected service.

Wurm Trading is built on trust and I dont see huge amounts of people complaining about being ripped off by other players.

Question: Is CodeClub getting a rake back from this relationship?

I'm not seeing the benefit to the players, so what is the kickback % to Rolf?

Kegan i trust you...

I trust that you pay 25% of your wurm income as Taxes to the Swedish Rolferment

happyswedenflag.gif

fixed

I don't get it, this site sells things like WoW gold, isn't that illegal or has the ToS changed? We are being strongly recommended to do transactions on a site that sells illegal items in online games?

• Like 6