Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

We now recommend PlayerAuctions.com for trading

Im curious as to whot players would do if Rolf banned the sale of characters and doubled the price of premium.Would you disagree with the TOS and lose the character there and then agree and try to sell threw a site like player auction.Agree and maybe use a macro to forage and hope to make up the difference in price.I can only c player auction as a good backup for players incase the above happens with any game i may play

Regardless, we should all move on from this whole debacle. It was clearly misunderstood by some members who even still think that I am affiliated or own Playerauctions. Sorry to try and defend something which I use on a regular basis, that is my own opinion.

I understand others have their own opinion, this is life. We should just agree to disagree and move on. No need to keep bringing up the same topic.

Funny.. you show up at the same time Rolf recommends the shady site, claim that you're not a player BUT WILL BE!!!! 

Then you start basically running around all over the forums' harassing people over the "beauty" of something we've already stated why we won't use it and exactly why.  Shoo!

I'ma fill you in, cause you're new around here.

This community is best known for beating dead horses. They'll continue posting on a thread until it has 20-30+ pages, even though the topic didn't deserve the attention of 3 pages.

For example, this very topic. How many threads now? How many pages/posts in all of them? Who cares... Rolf's offering a 3rd party service (yet again) from some shady individuals. It's happened before, and will happen again. The only attention this topic should have received was from the handful of players that might use it. Everyone else should have ignored it and pretended it wasn't there, like Blvd's "click spam/malware to earn iron coins" widget.

Cue a shill.  Have you been reading the exact nature of our objection?  Have you figured out what part of Rolf's mishandling of this pissed us off?  Go back and do some reading.  Or better yet, just go since "they" are so awful for you to be around.

Funny.. you show up at the same time Rolf recommends the shady site, claim that you're not a player BUT WILL BE!!!! 

Then you start basically running around all over the forums' harassing people over the "beauty" of something we've already stated why we won't use it and exactly why.  Shoo!

Cue a shill.  Have you been reading the exact nature of our objection?  Have you figured out what part of Rolf's mishandling of this pissed us off?  Go back and do some reading.  Or better yet, just go since "they" are so awful for you to be around.

As many people have stated, just drop it now. No need to continue when everyone has different opinions.

And FYI, read back yourself. I joined because I had contact with Rolf and the rep of PA. "Shady" site it may be to you and others, but I've never had a problem, as have many other hundreds of thousands.

Anyhow whatever, lets just get on with the game and see what the future brings. No need to keep bringing this up now.

Edited by Virtualtrades

As many people have stated, just drop it now. No need to continue when everyone has different opinions.

And FYI, read back yourself. I joined because I had contact with Rolf and the rep of PA. "Shady" site it may be to you and others, but I've never had a problem, as have many other hundreds of thousands.

Anyhow whatever, lets just get on with the game and see what the future brings. No need to keep bringing this up now.

ROFL then do what you say and drop it.........Or are you one of those people that need to have the last word......I suggested you drop it days ago and YOU are still posting in these forums on several threads being the one to refuse to drop the issue. Is very unprofessional on your behalf.

• Like 3

Pfff, so this is still going on, repeating your own points and beating dead horses, all the while using ad hominem. (Not everyone, but you know who I'm referring to; on both sides of the drama.)

-Some people like the option to use the site Playerauctions (from here on called PA) for more expensive selling/buying.
-Some people don't mind the ability to use PA so as it's completely optional.
-Some people like the increased advertisement through this optional-to-use site.
-Some people have positive experiences with PA.

-Some people don't see the extra steps worth the so-claimed risk-free transaction through PA.
-Some people worry that the optional aspect of using the site might some day be removed, making the site mandatory for trades.
-Some people worry about how PA allows for other games' players to break said games' TOS and such, by providing a platform on which to do so with alleged safety.
-Some people worry that if players of other games are almost encouraged (which is what it looks like when you host a platform for those players specifically to be able to safely trade for RL currency) to ignore and break the TOS (etc) they claim to abide to before playing, there is nothing stopping those players from doing so when playing Wurm. Which is the player-base Wurm's presence on PA will most likely approach.
-Some people worry about the malign players/people who happen to use PA (not to say everyone is malign, obviously) to hear from Wurm and try to seek their fortune here, with all consequences it might hold.
-Some people worry that the potential negative effect these things may have on the game, are not worth the increased exposure. ("every publicity is good publicity" is not true for every single thing.)
-Some people are not content that Rolf encourages the use of PA, due to the potential shadiness of PA (according to some people).
-Some people have negative experiences with PA.

(severity of worrying differs per person, of course.)

I think this pretty much covers most if not all the pros and concerns and such (in an as neutral as possible way) given in the past several threads, which were repeated over and over, and over. And over.....And over again.

Then there are people using strawman arguments, ad hominem, ad absurdum, and whatnot. And of course the avoiding of answering both genuine and toxic questions altogether, and yet more attacking of one another, talking about how self-claimed "pro" or "knowledgeable" one is compared to the other person(s).
And then there are some more official replies (from PA, VirtualTrades, and Wurm) that seem rather...let's just say I would've gone for a less hostile approach personally.

So, without further ado, I'd say it might be best for all of us to take a step back, take a deep breath, relax a bit, and see if we can approach it from a less perpetuating/repetitive perspective. Or actually letting it go.

P.S.
2 things I'd like to raise:
1.) Rolf or anyone else as Wurm offical (PR related, Johan for example?): Would it be possible to have some of the concerns as per described above (in a neutral way), answered? Some additional information or Rolf's view on those concerns (I hope this doesn't come off as rude, but: preferably less hostile than the last few lines on the reply with which a similar thread was locked) would be great.
I understand the high likelihood of getting flak for whatever you'll say is demotivating for it, but for us less vocal players with some concerns it would be highly appreciated.

2.) I really shouldn't do this, but it annoys me when it happens: Virtualtrades, requesting everyone on agreeing to disagree and to move on, then you yourself not giving the good example but instead aiming for the last word (that's how it's perceived, whatever the intention was) does not really favour you. If anything, it actually makes people less inclined to move on. Hopefully a word of advise for next time.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 7

so much drama:)), can i ever open a thread and read normal post's made by normal ppl? are we all broken in our own way? does wurm have a thing for broken ppl? 

bad ppl get to play wurm anyway,but it seems to be handled so far, who cares if more baf ppl  join, they can't be all bad.

also one thing i noticed, bad ppl go soon, the good ones stay for years. if ther's bad  ppl playing wurm for years just to do bad then they must be really sick.

• Like 2

ROFL then do what you say and drop it.........Or are you one of those people that need to have the last word......I suggested you drop it days ago and YOU are still posting in these forums on several threads being the one to refuse to drop the issue. Is very unprofessional on your behalf.

When someone else is ###### talking me, I'm supposed to keep quiet? lol.

You might all be against 'illegal gold farming', but manners don't go a miss. If I want to post here I will post here, I have as much as a right to do as you do. No need to continue so you can get likes from your 'buddies'.

Anyway, please continue to talk about the matter (its ok as long as you all carry on right?!)

Edited by Virtualtrades

2.) I really shouldn't do this, but it annoys me when it happens: Virtualtrades, requesting everyone on agreeing to disagree and to move on, then you yourself not giving the good example but instead aiming for the last word (that's how it's perceived, whatever the intention was) does not really favour you. If anything, it actually makes people less inclined to move on. Hopefully a word of advise for next time.

Thanks in advance.

I take this on board buddy, but it's pretty double standards when the guys who also 'carry on' chatting ###### and then moan at me when I respond lol.

Some people need to grow up.

Or maybe they just want the last word?

Anyhow, like I previously stated. It's over, I'll continue to play the game and it's whatever.

To the trolls, please continue to moan about things you will never understand.

Edited by Virtualtrades

How to ignore someone on forums:  Go to your profile settings, under that there should be a tab called "Ignore Preferences", hit that and enter the name of a user to ignore them. You then have several options for actions the user does that you can ignore.

When someone else is ###### talking me, I'm supposed to keep quiet? lol.

You might all be against 'illegal gold farming', but manners don't go a miss. If I want to post here I will post here, I have as much as a right to do as you do. No need to continue so you can get likes from your 'buddies'.

Anyway, please continue to talk about the matter (its ok as long as you all carry on right?!)

The only thing I have left to say is WoW, Seems I hit a nerve with you. Taking things a bit personal are you? You just cannot drop the issue, you have now stated 3 times in this very thread that it is over, yet here you still are lol..... You want to talk about manners, you sir have to room no talk, thinking that your being the mature one hare. When you have to lower your self to using fowl language and out right attacking people, then telling them to move on after your attack cuz you are not man enough to have someone talk back to you. Oh wait, this is not the forums you own, so you cannot go around with a power trip and shut topics down and ban people can you. Have a good day! Can a MoD please lock this thread so that it can indeed be over!!!!!

Edited by gnomegates

I think that everything that needs to be said has in fact be said so i will snip this right here.

• Like 3