Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Recommending Player Auctions

Your kidding me right? I was hoping an in-game auction house to buy and sell stuff in silver and maybe a better way to buy silver from the game store not this crap. I am very disappointed in Rolf so much so that I have nothing nice to say at all.

...and if Rolf is supportive of them. we're safe.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 1

Why is everyone not reading between the lines here? Theres this very large idea thats not really been brought to light... Call this auction thing out all you want, but think about this situation :

Love it or hate it, if you get screwed on these fourms and lose an account, cash, ect, and try and file a official ingame ticket on the matter, I'd wager the response will be "We gave you the option of a secure way to do it. Sorry, not our problem"

Yeah just a note that anyone who uses any macros in Wurm will be found and permanently banned. Probably best not to waste your money.

• Like 1

~snip~ this staff ain't even worth the time anymore

Mods could delete this

Edited by Dently

Yeah just a note that anyone who uses any macros in Wurm will be found and permanently banned. Probably best not to waste your money.

Oh really?  Not according to them...

b07ab7b7549bcad77e1418cff8735394.png

• Like 2

Wait, I thought it was safe to use this site to buy Wurm related things, but oh......Macros are against the ToS, so this site is NOT safe, as if I buy this macro and use it, I WILL be banned....sounds safe to me!!! This site that is being recommended to us by the CEO of wurm does not even honor the ToS of wurm...way to go!

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 2

Ahhh..well earlier today, it did not matter if that site was facilitating violations of OTHER games TOS.  I wonder how we feel now?

Hunting aint no fun, when the rabbits got the gun.

I just want to say this last thing. You can build your own UI for this and it's so simple, do yourself a favor Master Rolf and create this for your game and spare it from the vultures.

Just as the email tab works now> [account name], [skill dump]> /tradeaccount>account name, <auto fetch skill dump> display name/+ then the other side gets a window just like a village accept, other person sees>toon name, skill dump. tick yes and the toon is transfered to the other person via E-mail and password reset. Setting the account e-mail to a basic Wurm online e-mail. If the other party doesn't accept nothing happens. This will also promote shop sales I think in the long run. Money must be in bank on transfer like accepting mail. Since our names are unique and cant be changed, this would be a good counter measure and likely best result in selling our time.

Edited by zalifear
  • Like 1

Where does it say the guy who was selling the macro was affiliated? Also, I think he took down the offer.

As for the TOS quote on the last page, that is so these ppl can pass the legal buck if someone comes knocking over IP rights such as the aforementioned selling of digital goods that aren't technically yours to sell. It allows them to say "Oh, when they signed up they agreed that they had all the rights to this stuff and were passing it to us. Go after them."

Edited by Zerocool

Where does it say the guy who was selling the macro was affiliated? Also, I think he took down the offer.

As for the TOS quote on the last page, that is so these ppl can pass the legal buck if someone comes knocking over IP rights such as the aforementioned selling of digital goods that aren't technically yours to sell. It allows them to say "Oh, when they signed up they agreed that they had all the rights to this stuff and were passing it to us. Go after them."

Riiight...I mean its their website, and they get a cut of every single sale...but they arent affiliated...I'm SURE that if they had just known what was being sold on their own site..BEFORE it was uncovered in these forums today particularly after their attempts of feigning innocence...they would have taken it down...*cough*

I typed in Playerauction.com to Explorer and the 1st 2 headings that popped up is PlayerAuction.com scam? When I type in Wurm Online I don't see Scam there 

One forum as reads: 

I had made two orders one for 50m runescape gp and another for 100m gp after waiting a long time for a message from both sellers i had decided to cancel both orders to avoid any problems but turns out this only made it worse after i had canceled the orders i was suspended within the hour this happened march 10 and im still suspended today with no reason or messages from. iv sent multiply emails to try to un suspend my account but they just ignore it so i go to customer support to ask if im still getting refunded for the two orders i had canceled before being suspended and they had said yes all orders are canceled and will be auto refunded so i thought ok but a few days later i got nothing back so i went back and this time they had said there were unsure if i was to get refunded and i had asked why and they never gave me a clear answer and just keep ignoring it then today i had went on and now there saying i will not be getting refunded at all because i had never responded or something to the orders which is stupid how am i to response to the orders if i cant get onto my account ? they did send me two emails about the orders and i had replied to both but the support still said i never sent anything so now my account is still suspended and my 100$ will not be refunded i suggest not using playerauctions they are 100% not legit btw the sellers never provided any proof of giving me the gold because the trade had never happened if playerauctions was smart they could look at the messages between the seller and me and see that they had never sent me 1 message so how would i know where to meet up in runescape and they didnt give an msn or other way to contact such a scam.

ps I know I said last time but, its to much to ignore.

Edited by zalifear

Every time I see a bot in games I play, gold spammers etc I think of these types of sites, Rolf's seal of approval means jack and after Bitcoin and Blvd.

Riiight...I mean its their website, and they get a cut of every single sale...but they arent affiliated...I'm SURE that if they had just known what was being sold on their own site..BEFORE it was uncovered in these forums today particularly after their attempts of feigning innocence...they would have taken it down...*cough*

I offer a different explanation. They found out about the offer here before on their own service when they were monitoring our response to their business. That kicked off the process of having it removed. It's possible if you had posted sexy nsfw wurm services and then cried foul here it would've gotten the same response, as an example.

I'm not their defender or champion. I won't be using their services and I'm positive they will take what they can and book it at some point. It doesn't take much to make a slick website these days. I just don't think that will be now or necessarily even due to us.

I offer a different explanation. They found out about the offer here before on their own service when they were monitoring our response to their business. That kicked off the process of having it removed. It's possible if you had posted sexy nsfw wurm services and then cried foul here it would've gotten the same response, as an example.

I'm not their defender or champion. I won't be using their services and I'm positive they will take what they can and book it at some point. It doesn't take much to make a slick website these days. I just don't think that will be now or necessarily even due to us.

Oh I totally agree with you...It will not be due to us.  By their own admission, they will do whatever they personally feel is in their best interests.  Even if they lose pending litigation in court (ones currently active, or ones filed in the future) I guess they will just dump the website, and go register a new domain.

We may collect and store the following Personal Information:
Email address, physical address, phone number, physical contact information, and sometimes financial information;
Transactional information based on your activities on PlayerAuctions (such as information to facilitate buying and selling);
Community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondences through PlayerAuctions, and correspondences sent to us;
Computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from PlayerAuctions, and cookies information;
Other information, including IP address and standard weblog information, and supplemental information from third parties.
You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to: register as a member; purchase products or services; complete a profile; participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes; ask us a question; or initiate other transactions on our site.

We may receive or collect supplemental information about you from third party sources and add it to your account information. This may include, but is not limited to, demographic, navigation information, additional contact information, credit check information, and additional information about you from credit bureaus, social networks, consumer behavior firms, or other sources, as permitted by law.

Not in this lifetime, I'd prefer to just hand my SS number to chinese plat farmers.

• Like 1

Apart from the shady goings on with player auctions  (yes they have a murky past even though seem to be pushing to move "legit", the fact remains they encourage rule breaking on all games, the mantra of being a gaming ebay holds up only so far, while i do agree with them that people need safer transactions the fact remains, if a game does not sell or allow the sale of virtual goods, this site should not be the "middle man" its absolutely no differnt than being a glorified drug dealer in the gaming world, its against the law "except in some countries, which happens to be wurm".

Also the first thing that was put up for sale as others have mentioned was botting scripts, now don't think for one minute that wurm wont be infested with bots of all kinds, we've seen how they damaged all the other big MMO's and some have litrally been destroyed over them, and frankly i don't think wurm online would withstand the influx of bots on that scale.

It wouldn't surprise me if this site in question actually operated some of the bots, afterall it would be extremely beneficial for their business to be selling there own gold/items, so regardless of how they've painted there website, the fact remains they are professional gold farmers we've all come to know and hate who are the real ones behind websites like playerauctions.

And i'm sure many of you have googled the horror stories, what you get get scammed for 600 euros and get credit to spend on player auctions instead of your money back? what the hell absolutely no thanks! that's just asking for dodgy dealings, and obviously again that would benefit PA by turning a blind eye to scammers.

I understand that rolf is just trying to think of a safer way for the wurm community, however in all honesty rolf i think word of mouth within the wurm community is good enough untill you devise a system for yourself on how to allow a similar service. This is not a slate on wurm staff at all.

But frankly, like others have said, i would avoid PA if my life depended on it, simple reason: i love this game, and im not blinded by the devil who comes smiling, i know what damage these type of people do, and ive seen it ruin many games ive loved in the past.

Playerauctions and sidekicks, i think i can talk for alot of people when i say, NO you are not welcome here.

Many thanks. for reading, have a nice day.

• Like 2

I would not count on your transactions through this auction site to be safe either.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=ripped+off+by+playerauctions

I'll respond with 3 points:

1) If you specifically look for negative feedback, you'll find it. But it is not necessarily a true indication of how well the company performs. 

Try this: 

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=ripped+off+by+paypal

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=ripped+off+by+amazon

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=ripped+off+by+ebay 

2) PlayerAuctions actually makes a concerted effort to do right by its members with poor experiences. As a rational person, I can admit that PA is not perfect, and like any business, we are prone to human error. But because of the reputation of the industy we are in, it is so important for us to set ourselves apart and reach out to users.

Google this: "communications@playerauctions.com" 

Other than Food & Beverage establishments, are there any other companies in this space available to partner with, that would actually chase users with poor experiences to make things right? 

Special Note about why we don't respond anymore on two sites: Ripoffreport and complaintsboard. There was a time when we actually pursued users on that site, but one thing that isn't commonly known is that those sites will solicit from "abused businesses" a "fee" to clear out and remove those negative reviews. In principle, I think this is ridiculous, and I don't like the idea of being held hostage to a fee, just to clear up our reputation. As such, people will know we respond to user complaints, but we do so on websites that do not hold businesses for ransom. 

On a positive note, I don't believe that many would be so naive to think that all of the negative reviews are from actual users. Many talk of "gold farmers" but what most people don't realize is that our business model is a direct threat to those b2c companies who do botting, phishing, hacking etc. (anyone who is clever enough to explain why, I'll send the best write up a $50 coupon to either PA or Amazon, their choice). 

3) PA actually has stellar performance with 97% of orders closing as successfully completed with users leaving positive feedback for each other. Compare the number of complaints around the web (and factor in all the ones we actively respond to) and compare it to the tens of thousands of orders we secure each month, simple math will show that the ratio of unhappy users is actually a small minority. 

Quite the contrary, 

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.playerauctions.com

https://www.trustlink.org/Reviews/Playerauctionscom-205979729 

Those are reviews from real users, the good and the bad, and I believe this is a fairer assessment than what you were trying to insinuate.  

I know you stand your ground on principle, but as a critic, I'd invite you to try the platform for an honest and objective review for the service we provide: connecting buyers and sellers for gamer to gamer trades and securing those trades so both parties are protected. 

hmm. you know dangling money as bait is a modus operandi? ill leave it as that.

and a coupon at that lol.

and where do you stand on Wurms TOS?

I'll respond with 3 points:

I know you stand your ground on principle, but as a critic, I'd invite you to try the platform for an honest and objective review for the service we provide: connecting buyers and sellers for gamer to gamer trades and securing those trades so both parties are protected. 

I case it has not become abundantly clear...I'm not interested in finding out how many people actually got away with breaking the rules of the MMOs they play.  Perhaps that is the point you are missing.

From having to deal with spammers, spamming "gold sales" in chats, botters camping loot spawns and effectively barring others from experiencing that content, stolen credit cards, ,lost accounts, bannings, disruption of player economies.  All of these things, and more have all served to put a stain across many of the MMO games that I have played over the years.

You claim that "our business model is a direct threat to those b2c companies who do botting, phishing, hacking etc." well thats is just a blatant and outfight lie. If you will look throughout these threads you will find evidence that your site was SELLING botting software for WURM, as early as 3 hours ago....but I can make it easier for you.

-Moderation Edit-

This is an image from your website, taken this evening.

Not only are you not a threat to them...you are their marketing tool.

Edited by Shrimpiie
Removed image detailing macro.
  • Like 5