Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Recommending Player Auctions

Hello,

as you probably saw in the launcher today we now recommend Player Auctions for trading accounts, coins and items instead of these forums.

Here's the full article:

http://www.wurmonline.com/?p=4422

Enjoy!

Rolf

• Like 9

This is something very interesting, and pretty nice that devs took time to look in to this.

In the end it's just to make it easier and safer for all of us. Will be nice to see people use it

I've done tons of transactions through forums here and have yet to have anyone with real forum history do a bad deal. Interesting service, but to get it going, people are going to have to double post their goods. One here with a link to that sight, then the posting (or however it works) on that site.

Might offer more security, but it won't get used much, unless you ban trading via our forums.  I can't imagine the backlash from doing something that drastic.

I haven't read up on all the fine print, but what cut does this site make on each transaction? Does a portion of the transaction tax go to Code Club?

• Like 3

They take at least a 10% fee from the seller?

Somehow I'm not sure how far that will fly.......:(

I've done tons of transactions through forums here and have yet to have anyone with real forum history do a bad deal. Interesting service, but to get it going, people are going to have to double post their goods. One here with a link to that sight, then the posting (or however it works) on that site.

Might offer more security, but it won't get used much, unless you ban trading via our forums.  I can't imagine the backlash from doing something that drastic.

I haven't read up on all the fine print, but what cut does this site make on each transaction? Does a portion of the transaction tax go to Code Club?

JO2nufp.png

I'm told paypal takes 4%, so I guess that is covered.

Edited by fencejumper

"Apologies, the Account name or E-mail address which was input, was not recognized by the system"

Ingame or Forum?

You have to make a new account - it isn't linked to Wurm, or anywhere

It's a completely separate service hosted by completely unrelated people to wurm.

Gota say the side itself is terrible, slow responding and doesn't even tell you if you are logged in or not only could Register an account using IE. Firefox and Chrome didn't work.

Gota say the side itself is terrible, slow responding and doesn't even tell you if you are logged in or not only could Register an account using IE. Firefox and Chrome didn't work.

hmmm.. i have no problem with that... and i am at my work where i share 2 mb internet with 20 of my collegues!

• Like 1

Its not mutch use if your buying with or selling with game coin from whot i can c or for small items.But i guess its safer for the larger sales

Hello,

as you probably saw in the launcher today we now recommend Player Auctions for trading accounts, coins and items instead of these forums.

Here's the full article:

http://www.wurmonline.com/?p=4422

Enjoy!

Rolf

I am the owner of a virtual trading forum - I am interested in your game and the great possibilities it has. I recently spoke to Jacob from Playerauctions about the adoption of your game also. 

I am interested in talking to you, as your game is something I am interested in creating a market for.

I have sent you an email, hopefully we can chat soon.

Thanks buddy.

Edited by Virtualtrades

Might be to much work but it would be a lot better if Wurm offered a auction house style service in game or out of game, with careful planning could basically run itself, much rather see whatever percentage it is from a sale go to Rolf or stay in the Community, instead of lining someone else's pocket.(probably more true for larger transactions.)

The thought of using a second party site to conduct transactions isn't very appealing at all.

Edited by Jet
  • Like 5

So if I understand this right, The Devs of Wurmonline are now supporting sites that allow the breaking of other games ToS. I say this because Playerauctions allows the selling of Many different MMO currencies which are all against the ToS of those games. This is something that I hope you guys here at Wurmonline will reconsider because I do not agree with other people supporting sites that encourage and allow the breaking of other peoples ToS. I know those of you here at Wurm would not like it if someone did that to your game...

If your not going to honor the ToS of others, why should anyone honor your ToS?

Just my two cents...

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 16

@gnomegates Interesting take on it, I don't think there supporting it, I think the intention is to provide a safer environment to conduct trades and this is one possible way. They offer a service which for this game is allowed (even though personally I don't think its the best option).

Whatever player auctions does is there business, similar to how your not responsible for what your neighbour does.

@gnomegates Interesting take on it, I don't think there supporting it, I think the intention is to provide a safer environment to conduct trades and this is one possible way. They offer a service which for this game is allowed (even though personally I don't think its the best option).

Whatever player auctions does is there business, similar to how your not responsible for what your neighbour does.

I agree, it can go many different ways, but when they are encouraging us to go to this site, and some of the money that is spent goes to this site, it is indeed being supported, and if the player base uses it, they in turn are supporting it with their money. I for one will not be using this site or any other site that promotes the breaking of other games ToS so that they can make a profit. Call it old fashioned, or taking the moral high ground, but when doing business with anyone, I believe that it is vital to be open, honest and up front and to do your best to "play by the rules" if that makes sense.

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 2

It's paying for a service that was rended to a Wurm player whatever they decide to do with it again isn't Wurm's problem really. If you buy bread from your local baker and he uses the money to do something illegal it's hardly your responsibility you just bought bread :P

Enough from me anyway see what happens but I see where your coming from  :)

Edited by Jet

It's paying for a service that was rended to a Wurm player whatever they decide to do with it again isn't Wurm's problem really. If you buy bread from your local baker and he uses the money to do something illegal it's hardly your responsibility you just bought bread :P

Enough from me anyway see what happens but I see where your coming from  :)

I agree. Playerauctions is a totally legit website. I have been using it for over 2 years now and have sold over $145,000 worth of goods on there.

For those of you who are trading and don't want to trade directly via Paypal (risk of chargebacks) Playerauctions is for you - as you cannot get chargebacked.

I encourage those on my own forums to use Playerauctions for trades for this very reason.

Enough from me anyway see what happens :)

I agree its not my responsibility but if I know my baker is doing something illegal, and I now that the money I spent with him is going to something that I don't agree with (can be anything)  then I go and find a different baker. Now I know it can go extreme, but your logic would say that just because I'm not responsible it does not matter where I spend my money. People who fight against all kinds of issues would disagree with you, from blood diamonds to child trafficking, cuz your money does in fact go to further the illegal behavior.

Sounds good for something big like account trade, I'm guessing this site is like escrow?

I see what your saying but its really minor compared to some of those comparisons. Comes down to choice in the end you don't want to use it, its personal preference :)

Edited by Jet

You are not talking about laws, you are in fact talking of really unnecessary restrictions for MMO player who did like to get something for the time they spent.

• Like 3

arent most auctions and sales on this game,(except account sales) done in ingame currency?

afaik if they solved the problem with items disappearing when returned in the mail cross server,the current system would be very safe

You are not talking about laws, you are in fact talking of really unnecessary restrictions for MMO player who did like to get something for the time they spent.

Laws or no Laws, when a player says that they have read the ToS of a game, they are saying that they agree that they will play within those ToS. Even if you don't agree with them, your giving your word that you will to the best of your ability follow those ToS. Is your word worthless?

What you have said is just an excuse for breaking the ToS, and its one that the devs here at Wurm would not even consider...

Edited by gnomegates

I don't like it, what if I don;t use it and someone uses my name there? is there any protection to our names? or is there a set name for Wurmonline? I hate to think someone is using my name to make deals. 

• Like 9