Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

deed transfer to new villager bug

[16:39:25] [name] may not change village until 23 hours and 59 minutes has elapsed.

This is the error I get when trying to give a settlement paper to a new villager.  They are NOT changing village, simply becoming the mayor.  This is a bummer when selling deeds.  I did a /vinvite to get the buyer to my deed, then went to hand them the papers and found we are stuck waiting 24 hours now, to complete the trade.

Not a massive problem, but an annoyance that doesn't make much sense.

Sadly this is due to Chaos (perhaps Epic too?) as a solution to spy alts joining villages, then leaving to their true home. It never really made much of a difference from what I witnessed.

Perhaps it's time to restrict the timer to pvp servers only?

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

This is a big annoyance.

There's already a mechanic in game to prevent me (premium land owner) from handing my deed papers over to a free to play character. So, not only do I have to pay an additional month's worth of premium just to transfer ownership (whether that be temporary or permanent transfer), I have to deal with, (and wait for) a 24 hour cooldown to change villages, each time I change.

What i'm saying is Rolf is already squeezing me for my money (and getting it). There is no reason why I should be bothered with cooldown timers thereafter.

If you simply trade the papers the villager becomes the mayor, if you invite the villager to your village then try give the papers, it causes the 24 hour cooldown

If you simply trade the papers the villager becomes the mayor, if you invite the villager to your village then try give the papers, it causes the 24 hour cooldown

Exactly.

I will give you a personal instance where this was a major annoyance for me:

Have been playing on Xan recently. Still have deed on Indy (that I am mayor of). Went to a unique slaying some weeks ago on Indy. While reaching the difficult location of the hunt (top of drags fang), the unique targeted me and disposed of me, then ran back up the mountain.

I had not laid a tent. I was in the middle of ascending... and climbing that mountain takes hours. A deed was already in place atop the mountain in preparation for the kill, so I had a way of getting up there quickly... but it was going to cost me.

Since any villager of mine that might have been premium was on Xanadu, I had no premium villagers on Indy to pass the deed off to. I had to subscribe one of my alts for a month to pass the deed papers. Then, once I passed the papers, I got the invite to the unique temp deed and spent 1000 karma to get there (quickly).

So, i'm in 10 euro and 1k karma... which is fine with me. It is the cost of getting the immediate teleport service.

The kicker was that after the slaying was over (matter of a couple hours), I went back to my alt to trade the deed papers over again, and I was met with the cooldown counter. I had to wait another 21 hours before I could take back control of the deed (and leave the server)... wasting a day of my play time being imprisoned on a server (and, yes, I know I could have left Indy for Xan and then returned later to do the deed trading, but with 4 hour travel times each way and no evidence of the team wanting to change anything in that department, sailing back and forth gets very time consuming).

Sadly this is due to Chaos (perhaps Epic too?) as a solution to spy alts joining villages, then leaving to their true home. It never really made much of a difference from what I witnessed.

Perhaps it's time to restrict the timer to pvp servers only?

Yes, it is time.  :)