Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Meatshields

Lets say one's shield has become too damaged, or you forgot to bring one to begin with (idiot :P ).

Lets also assume the enemy archers have noticed this fact (and trust me they will... might as well use a neon sign).

What is one to do? Take cover behind a hill or tree? (hah! I wish... would be nice but thats another matter)

The one thing a battlefield is rarely short on is corpses. So what if one could awkwardly hold a corpse (depending on the wielder's body stats) to provide some cover?

Obviously not a perfect replacement, and could even make use of large shield skills with some modifiers.

EDIT: Also occurs to me some of the WL gods might take offense. Desecration of the dead and all that, depending on beliefs. Mag might be a bit more liberal. Libila... doubt she would care with the cannibalism and zombies.

Edited by Klaa

Wouldn't have much practical use at all on a PVP server, you'd use a body as a shield and have your movement slowed from the 50kg addition of weight.

Lets say one's shield has become too damaged, or you forgot to bring one to begin with (idiot :P ).

Lets also assume the enemy archers have noticed this fact (and trust me they will... might as well use a neon sign).

What is one to do? Take cover behind a hill or tree? (hah! I wish... would be nice but thats another matter)

The one thing a battlefield is rarely short on is corpses. So what if one could awkwardly hold a corpse (depending on the wielder's body stats) to provide some cover?

Obviously not a perfect replacement, and could even make use of large shield skills with some modifiers.

EDIT: Also occurs to me some of the WL gods might take offense. Desecration of the dead and all that, depending on beliefs. Mag might be a bit more liberal. Libila... doubt she would care with the cannibalism and zombies.

Also if the corpse is in the rigor mortis phase you should be able to use it as a maul...

• Like 1

As long as your body stats allow for it. Corpses do sort of function as weapons, or about as much as anything else. Seen them used that way in more than one fight for a laugh.

Edited by Klaa

:D Too funny not to +1!

Especially since we can already hold corpses in hand whilst selling.

*Imagines players equipping corpses as trophy-shields* Unique monster-shields anyone ?

Might need some taxidermy to stop corpses rotting on your person too fast, but then, why not have 'stuffed statues' in-game also ?

<###> You point at the Stuffed Venerable Kyklops.

They make excellent catapult ammo also! Particularly if disease ridden.