Sign in to follow this  
Accy

Minecarts

Hi

I would like to see a minecart system put in the game.  When I take my wagon into a mine it feels wrong.  

I would prefer to only be able to take a small hand cart (say) into the mine but I would love to be able to lay some rail tracks and build a cart that rides these rails.  This would then allow transport of the rocks/ore/etc to the outside world.

Skills for the QL of tracks (affects distance perhaps) or QL of cart (affects weight carried) 

perhaps we could have donkeys to pull the carts on the tracks or a pulley system?

Accy

• Like 5

Hi

I would like to see a minecart system put in the game.  When I take my wagon into a mine it feels wrong.  

I would prefer to only be able to take a small hand cart (say) into the mine but I would love to be able to lay some rail tracks and build a cart that rides these rails.  This would then allow transport of the rocks/ore/etc to the outside world.

Skills for the QL of tracks (affects distance perhaps) or QL of cart (affects weight carried) 

perhaps we could have donkeys to pull the carts on the tracks or a pulley system?

Accy

If you add body str to max load that can be moved?  Blacksmithing for tracks and cart is carp of FC? Althought not sure if needed as wagon as cart still works fine so no +1 or -1 from me..

Sounds like a cool idea, though large carts fit fine into mines currently. I can see why you'd be bothered by a wagon, they're a bit too bit. I use large carts in my mine and while it feels cruel on the horses to stand there with no food for hours, at least it physically fits though the door. =)

+1 Alot people wouldnt mind the Steampunk evolution to wurm.

• 1 tile above or below gound could be a simple railroad track
  • Steamengine Locomotives that pull the cargo minecarts fuel by coal.
  • At intersections you must manually stop the train and switch the lever to go the way u want.
  • Wogic will allow 2 trains to not crash, and pass through eachother on same track until collision detection been added to game.

Must be faster than a horse large cart or wagon, otherwise noone will build a heavy material- and time-consuming railroad track from point A to Point B, if a horse can do it faster and travel anywhere on land.

+1 Alot people wouldnt mind the Steampunk evolution to wurm.

• 1 tile above or below gound could be a simple railroad track

Steamengine Locomotives that pull the cargo minecarts fuel by coal.

At intersections you must manually stop the train and switch the lever to go the way u want.

Wogic will allow 2 trains to not crash, and pass through eachother on same track until collision detection been added to game.

Must be faster than a horse large cart or wagon, otherwise noone will build a heavy material- and time-consuming railroad track from point A to Point B, if a horse can do it faster and travel anywhere on land.

I can +1 the carts but sorry, -1 x infinity for steampunk in Wurm. Also -1 x infinity for gun powder and guns..

+1 to cart with engines, which can be driven on a rail, but let them run on magical energy, for example include a vesseled gem in the creation of the magical engine. This way all the steam issues are avoided (too many players seem to dislike steam for some reason), while it works almost exactly the same.

Edited by Ecrir

The tiles  must be reinforced

Uses iron and planks for the rails

iron for the wagon 30kg lets say

Can be draged same as a cart or maybe by an animal

The tiles must be reinforced

Uses iron and planks for the rails

iron for the wagon 30kg lets say

Can be draged same as a cart or maybe by an animal

Maybe can be pushed and speed, weight you can push depends on body strength?

Well the original idea was a cart you could push (or use a pulley manually) but to have the choice of adding an animal to pull heavier loads :)

I never suggested engines!  

+1

Drag minecart as you would a small cart but with less speed penalty. You stop dragging if you move onto a tile without rails.

(There's an achievement for dragging carts over a certain number of tiles in-game)

Edited by Drayka
  • Like 1

You don't need a steam locomotive...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minecart#mediaviewer/File:Berlin_Technikmuseum_Holzbahn.jpg

16th century. Not quite medieval circa 1100 but definitely nothing fancy to look at. Your wagon is far more sophisticated than that as are almost all of your ships.

The "cart on a rail" is as old as organised mining, Egyptians used mining sleds on sand to move the bricks up the pyramids, stone hedge was probably built with stones transported over half of Europe on a rail system that was placed on the go...

mine carts are nothing new, even the ones on actual rails are as old as people trying to get stuff out of mines.

Aliens build the pyramids and Stonehedge was summoned by Wizards and the dwarfs of Kahz Modan used steampunk in their mines.

Aliens build the pyramids and Stonehedge was summoned by Wizards and the dwarfs of Kahz Modan used steampunk in their mines.

weren't it ancient aliens?