Sign in to follow this  
MrGARY

Remove or reduce timer on toggle sleep bonus

+1

5 mins timeout to toggle sleep bonus is only reason, why I have puppeteering on 81+ now

because I'm used to meditate and then puppet show and groom all horses around me (hitched into cart or wagon) in that 5 minutes window to use whole 5 minutes on something, what I can do anywhere

+1   We shouldn't have to tax the log-in server to use sleep bonus efficiently.  

A typical game session starts with log in, meditate, turn on sleep bonus with 30 seconds left on med, log out, wait 5+ minutes to log back in and do stuff until I can med again then rinse and repeat.

Would be nice if sleep bonus were just reworked so it wasn't time based and just doubled a set number of skill ticks. Let us tag skills we are grinding and if we have sleep bonus available it just automatically doubles the skill tick gain amount. No need to turn anything on or off except which skills we want to spend our skill bonus on. Less hectic managment due to it being time based and no worries about wasting it if we forget to turn it off or accidently turn it on or forget to turn it on.

Edited by Theodis

+1

Make it 1 or 2 min and it should be fine.

Edited by Robo

The timer is there for balance. If ots removed it will be unfair to all the people that had to deal with the timer in the past.

The timer is there for balance. If ots removed it will be unfair to all the people that had to deal with the timer in the past.

I guess this is you being "sarcastic"?

• Like 1

So if theres an issue, you don't solve this issue because others dealt with the issue before you? We would still be in the stoneage if we would have used this strategy.

Large carts? Wagons? Ships?!

BACK IN THE OLD DAYS THERE WAS NO VEHICLES!

So becouse of the people who had to deal with the transports in the past, we shouldnt have any other ways to do it. lets remove all those transport vehicles.

Does this sound really dumb?

Think before you speak.

Rolf should find a way to make the 5 minute sleep bonus drain happen even when you logout. So that it doesn't freeze instantly. After all, that was the intention of the timer.

• Like 1

Keep the cool down or auto 5 mins sb removed if you timeout, disconnect, turn it off,etc  before 5 mins is up.

or we could go back to the old way no /fsleep and no timer at all and just have sleep bonus run out again.  :P

There needs to be a timer to cover the longest skilling action if that is 5 mins.....is there a longer skilling action than 5 mins?

You let people turn it off and on and they will just use it for 2 secs at a time at the end of actions to get the skill points.

Then you make sleep powder worth less.  It basically rewards metagamers and punishes normal players.

Edited by Uberknot

You let people turn it off and on and they will just use it for 2 secs at a time at the end of actions to get the skill points.

That's why 30 seconds is probably fine.  If someone is willing to "metagame" that, they deserve it probably

Several months forgotten, bump for shorter cooldown (1min?) that people seemed to like previously

• Like 2

*scratch the head*

Why not just make it simple?

Make toggle sleep bonus a instant action without cooldown.

If you want sleep bonus for an action you toggle it beforehand.

Thus players can choose exactly what actions they wish to reap double benefit from.

I can't think of a single instance where it can be abused and it would serve the exact purpuse of its excistance flawlessly without needing bandaid stuff like cooldowns to prevent abuse.

Edited by Zekezor

Gets my +1.

5 min cooldown is useless because, as brought up already in this thread, I can cut my SB off at any second by logging on deed. If off deed, I have a 1 min cooldown.

+1 for removing timer.

or just remove the timer from turning off sleep bonus and have a 1 minute timer only if you want to turn it back on again. this way you cant really abuse it, but you can still go afk whenever you want without having to risk losing sb

As I can see how it would be possible to abuse, 1 minute timer would rock.

• Like 1

Once you turn it on there should a timer to turn it off.

How about this 1 minute timer to turn off 10 minutes to turn on again?

Edited by Uberknot

1 minute cooldown or activation removes 1 minute for reasons mentioned before