Sign in to follow this  
Tissotx

Legendary Monsters

Legendary Monsters  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Legendary Animal Condition as End Game Content?

• Yes (I'm < 90 FS)
    • Yes (I'm > 90 FS)
    • No (I'm < 90 FS)
    • No (I'm > 90 FS)

It would be nice for end game content if wurm adds another monster stage after Champion and below the Uniques toughness.

Too add some solo challenge for us players with 90+ Fighting skill, 90+ Weapon skill and top end armour

Disclaimer: It doesnt have to be named Legendary, it can be named Paragon or whatever Rolf feel is appropriate.

Not sure how making another condition with more buffs tacked on it would make pve any more challenging.

You would fight it the same as any other normal pve mob, except you get more fs from it.

More monsters, and make them peaceful.

Only if you attack them, then the fight is on. And I think very many other aggro mobs could be turned to neutral aswell

- this way we could have more challenging ones and same time have noobies safe

• Like 5

Eh Im always up for more variety in the wildlife.

Not sure how making another condition with more buffs tacked on it would make pve any more challenging.

You would fight it the same as any other normal pve mob, except you get more fs from it.

oh well, atm i just ride up to a champ crocodile/scorpion, and i can go AFK grab a soda or bio break or alt tab watch youtube or this forum, and when i comeback they r dead and im at like 90% HP or Full Health.

What i miss is the old times when i ride up too a dangerous monster and fight it until i had 50% hp, and monster had 75%, Then i retreat and i heal myself up, and monster sometimes get a heal Tick, and then i reengage and keep doing that cycle until monster is dead. And the random wounds i make, i can specific try target that area to make wound larger.

And if stuff would go real bad we can just karma teleport home for safety.

Legendary Animal Condition as End Game Content?

End Game Content...

I didn't know Wurm had an End Game. :blink:

More variety is not a bad thing. Drakes, big trolls, ogres etc, and either have them non-agressive (which seems weird) or restricted to areas away from deeds to allow newbies to live in peace. -1 to any bashing, deeds getting wrecked is not cool.

Perhaps make them exceptionally vulnerable to spirit templars, but then not drop any loot. That way people cannot farm them, but newbies who just need them dead can accomplish that. 

More monsters, and make them peaceful.

Only if you attack them, then the fight is on. And I think very many other aggro mobs could be turned to neutral aswell

- this way we could have more challenging ones and same time have noobies safe

This. Maybe also make some of them travel in groups, attack one and you aggro the entire group (these mobs should be weaker than the ones designed to work alone). These groups could have creatures with different tactics, some focused on healing, others on buffs/debuffs/control. I feel that most mobs in Wurm (at least the ones on Freedom, excluding uniques as I have no experience with them) are currently to singular in their behavior, they just move to you and attack, attack and attack some more until they drop.

Give Freedom Valrei creatures and make them passive to Freedom Isle. Personally don't think epic needs any more creatures, just need other things fixed, but sure give freedom something.

Edited by ausimus
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say there would be any point - standing there hacking and slashing until the thing dies is as adventurous at the game gets when it comes to combat. Uniques have 'abilities' which don't exactly make you rethink much other than 'have a fo priest'

It would be nice for some 'high tier' mobs to have mass resistance to melee attacks unless they have sustained fire damage weakening their physical resistance so you can kill via melee.

Or something where when a mob reaches under 10% health they knock everybody back 5 tiles and spawns a ring of ~5ql magic walls around itself that slowly decay while the mob heals - players have the ability to bash to get in early.

Can be creative in making 'hard mobs' - it adds new levels of play.

Give Freedom Valrai creatures and make them passive to Freedom Isle. Personally don't think epic needs any more creatures, just need other things fixed, but sure give freedom something.

That would work. Probably shouldn't drop the epic-special metals or sorcery items or whatever else they drop though, or the whining would be immense.

About Group Monsters:

I would just love to see some primative villages inhabited by a group of Goblins or Trolls.

About New player safety:

Maybe it can be coded so end game monsters can be passive to players that have below 50 fightingskill.

Since even thou its hillarious to see new players struggle, I dont think anyone of us want them to ragequit, since they r our future customers when we try sell our player crafts

Aged Trolls, Hell Hounds and Anacondas must be a nightmare for new players at the moment

About Valrei Monsters

Would be nice to have them on pve servers, since its something wurm have allready created, so its wont take a years effort to program it.

I have heard horror stories about NoGumps thou, but since i have never encountered one myself, I can only say im looking forward to it =D

About Safety

Im guessing every pve player at least just keep on saving up Karma points and got nothing to us it for, unless they get traped in a mine.

If there was something dangerous, it would cause us to use the 1k karma teleport home. Myself i got 10k+ karma i think.

About monster phase fighting.

Best comparission is ofcourse just to say World Of Warcraft boss fights, so people understand what we mean with different phase, that trigger at certain monsters HP%.

This is totally up to Rolf to surprice us about. Since that is Rolf's speciallity, even thou if we players mentions 100 examples. Rolf will come up with that nr 101 that none else have thought about.