Sign in to follow this  
Booskii

[x] ROS one day before timer

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/111768-xanadu-ros-cast-saturday-101814/

@XanaduWurm: Yellowfinger casts Rite of Spring. Followers of Vynora receive her blessings!

Per us receiving 5 hrs of sleep bonus  from the up and down servers Opelika planned a timer for ROS one week after at a time that would have accommodated most if not all time zones. Thanks to this wonderful Fellow he decided we are a whole server would benefit a whole day Early!!!

At least Opelika took in consideration the general ideal time zones for all.... Make sure you Find his main and tell him/her Thank you!!!

-.-

Booskii Mayor of Opelika

...and we are surprised why community events are so rare, and why unique hunts are not public anymore :S

• Like 6

And those of us planning to come over to xan tomorrow are left saying er ty? that's not the wording we were thinking.

• Like 1

Seriously?

I just spent several days planning for tomorrow morning, and now am left with empty SB?

WTF?????

• Like 1

Yes We were as well. We could have popped it when we found it but we put the effort forth and share it :(

• Like 1

That has to be one of the most selfish acts I've witnessed in game.

Thanks Yellowfinger - what a .......

• Like 4

Can anyone confirm(or deny) that Yellowfinger is Rudie's Vyn priest - so we all know who to thank for this?

Not the first time a priest by that name has cast it without saying anything.  Makes me want to run out and help him across a busy street

• Like 1

so I guess KoS entries are going to be more popular after today.  I got lucky, my alt with no SB just happened to be on, but am pissed at Yellow F-er for that ninja cast.

TY Booskii for your attempt to share the RoS with everyone.

That sucks hard core!!! Thanks Boo for trying to organize a public event. I will still come over for some sermon action :)

That sucks hard core!!! Thanks Boo for trying to organize a public event. I will still come over for some sermon action :)

We are Still more then happy to provide sermons to those in need on the weekends!! As always just give us a heads up and well set up shop..And agreeded is was a pretty sour puss thing to do :/

I happened to be on when ever it happened. Honestly didn't even notice when it actually happened I just looked at my sleep bar which luckily my sleep bonus was near exhausted because I had been using it in my Weapon Smithing preparation for the reset to power WS up a bit =) however my roomy wasn't so lucky as he was at work when the cast went off so he missed out.. Kinda fudged up to do something like this for people who made preparations for it.. Xanadu is my home but I'd be sad if I was on a hunting trip in Deliverance coming back today in preparation for this to loose out >.>

If only you could remove the character's priesthood or something lol.

this is a bit sad.

Pissing off so many people would leave me with yellow fingers too

• Like 1

this should be a restricted cast to trusted communty ppl, but this is my thought...

Thread unlocked.

Please let us not go witch-hunting, however, in trying to figure out the forum account name of this person.

That said, carry on.

My metallurgy grind is not happy with the ninja ROS cast but I doubt I'm going to be losing any sleep over it. It's not like anyone's actually lost anything, afterall.

I'm beginning to wonder if some other approach could be devised.

After all - when someone starts to organize a community event and lots of people start to prep for it.....it seems strange that a few people can cut it down without warning.

That can't be good for the game.....or anything really. It's actually PvP where it's not intended to be.

I hate rules...seriously hate them. But I think I hate people more who misuse freedom...because THEY create the need for rules. We ALL do it to a greater or lesser extent.

You can't moan when you are given freedom but immediately proceed to ###### up, so that others feel the need to make new rules to mitigate the effects of your actions.

Edited by Heboric

It'd be easier if every time it was cast it'd be automatically applied to any applicable accounts that logs on over a 24 hour period or something so it's not super important for people to be logged on when it's being cast and there's less community outrage when someone ninjas it.

• Like 7

It'd be easier if every time it was cast it'd be automatically applied to any applicable accounts that logs on over a 24 hour period or something so it's not super important for people to be logged on when it's being cast and there's less community outrage when someone ninjas it.

That.

• Like 1

It seems odd that one person can cast a spell on the entire server lol.

Is it 4 priests that are needed? Just make it 8 premium priests needed instead, problem solved.

• Like 4

It's psuedo freedom really, we have no recourse to set the rules for when issues like this arise. A 24 period would be an incredible boon, no more ninja cast issues!