Sign in to follow this  
tgod

Relic Item One of a kind, improvable, enchantable, and once carried by Eir herself!

6eLdNMw.png

7ArmguP.png

xNmCuj2.png

6eLdNMw.png

This item is a one of a kind item with a different examine than any other scythe ever created. Rumored to be created by Rolf himself and passed to the mighty Eir.  The link below has a few references to the scythe from 2008.  If you have any more info about the history of this item please feel free to post below.  I cannot confirm if this item posses any special abilities or powers but I can say with 5 scythe skill I was hitting fast and deadly hard.  This will be a collection defining piece for any old or new collector probably to be sealed away and never seen again.  This auction will definitively end Sunday the 19th so dont miss your chance to own this exceptional relic.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/2927-blacklighted-on-indefinite-hiatus-30k-words/

Starting bid: 2 gold or equivalent euro

Min. increment:  25s

Reserve:  NO

Buyout: Offers by pm

Sniper protection:  1hr

auction_timer_1413744713.gif

Edited by tgod

Just like art that gets sold all the time.

Completely. Utterly. Useless.

GL.

Says it has unique examine, doesn't post unique examine.

Check the top of his post.

FYI Edited by tgod, Today, 10:38 PM.

lel it was there before he must have changed something else in his post you just came late. ggwp

I remember, I saw the post shortly after it came up. The examine was there originally.

He just missed it :P.

Anyways, price range seems ridiculous to me, but goodluck.

Edited by williamwierd
  • Like 3

I added it again more toward the bottom. 

How'd you get it from Eir?

The item came from a decayed deed.

I remember, I saw the post shortly after it came up. The examine was there originally.

He just missed it :P.

Anyways, price range seems ridiculous to me, but goodluck.

May seem ridiculous, i'm not in a hurry to sell it. If it doesn't sell it will go in my collection.  You have the opportunity everyday to make a fantastic pickaxe and sell that for 4gold so I dont see 2g being crazy for a relic item that will never exist again.

How'd you get it from Eir?

Her deed decayed whilst she's been unavoidably out of game.

Very poor taste - but whatever.

Her deed decayed whilst she's been unavoidably out of game.

Very poor taste - but whatever.

Very poor taste?  So what your saying is that I should have left the item to rot never to be seen again?  Is there a protocol for this type of thing or items you find that are no longer being used?  Im almost positive if my deed decayed all items would be scooped up very quickly.  Its a part of the game, if you dont pay your deed decays.  Has nothing to do with "taste"

Stealing from Eir?

Whooo man even I never had the balls (stupidity?) to do that... left it at annoying her with signs.  :ph34r:

If it's just a regular scythe, nobody cares. If it's a special item Eir had from long ago from Rolf, that's a different story. That's the poor taste from when you could have kept it to return to Eir.

Not saying what you're doing right now is wrong, but meh.

Very poor taste?  So what your saying is that I should have left the item to rot never to be seen again?  Is there a protocol for this type of thing or items you find that are no longer being used?  Im almost positive if my deed decayed all items would be scooped up very quickly.  Its a part of the game, if you dont pay your deed decays.  Has nothing to do with "taste"

It's Eir dude... 

Personally i'd have stored her special items for her return, even if i didn't know her, knowing her history and work done with the wurm community.

So yes, looting it and auctioning it whilst she's unable to get ingame is very poor taste.

• Like 3

Lets see, you find a unique item belonging to a longstanding GM, which was given to her by the games creator for her service to the game. Not sure what your upbringing was like mate, but how I was raised, I would be finding out how to get it back to either the owner or Rolf as they are the only two legitimate owners for such an item.

One thing I certainly wouldn't be doing is trying to make a quick buck out of it, I'd say that's the lowest part of this. Disgusting.

• Like 5

You know who it belongs to, how important it is, and still selling it? Ughh... I know it still Eir's fault to lay it on the deed instead say token bank but still...

Tho dunno.. if it was belonged to a gm I don't feel attachment into.. I guess I won't care much either. 

But there are some people that cares for her here, esp that she got big reallife issue hence why she ain't in game. Maybe if it is coins you so after, you can consider asking finder's fee instead.

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 1

Im sorry guys I have never played with Eir dont know much history about her except the story I linked above.  As far as health issues are concerned this is nothing I am aware of.  Stealing an item is different than looting an item from a chest you find in the wilderness.  I found it and noticed it was labeled and was suprised when the examine showed up the way it did.  If Eir has plans to come back I would love to hear from her and discuss this matter with her.  Coin isnt the motivation unlike other players ive seen taking all 3 valrei charges of an item after a unique kill especially when they showed up with no gear... that is greed folks.. I merely found an item and listed it in auction.  I will be more than happy to discuss the future of the item with Eir.  In most cases if people let their deeds go they are usually done with the game right??

Edited by tgod

If I found an rare item on a decayed deed I'd sell it too and have several times. Most other people I know would too.

• Like 1

If I found an rare item on a decayed deed I'd sell it too and have several times. Most other people I know would too.

This is what I am screaming. It is a game. No need to be so sentimental. If anyone (who was not bff with Eir of course) ran across a decaying property, they would most definitely grab anything of any value. In fact, a lot of people would even grab the things that have absolutely no value. It happens every day.

I totally understand that Eir is ill and away from the game and I hate that for her. I hope things take a swing for the better for her in the near future. However, my question is, if the item was important to her, why would she not have put it in a safe place? She took the time to make post to the forum advising that she was stepping away from the game for a while. That being said, why couldn't she have dropped some money on upkeep to ensure that everything stayed in place? Another option would have been to hand the more desireable items off to one of her fans to keep safe until she returns. Or maybe she could have just kept the item in her inventory.  The point that I am trying to make is here is that there are plenty of simple actions that could have been made to prevent this situation.

If Eir and Tgod want to work something out, that is between them. Otherwise, the item was recovered from a decaying property, which is absolutely fair game. If you want it, place bid!

Edited by Macadelic
  • Like 1

I've been close with Eir since beta and The fact that ur asking for 2g is absolutely screaming greedy shithead, mail it to daolin who is storing other stuff for her and close this thread, the fact ur selling this at all is so disrespectful.

Edited by Thunderstruck
  • Like 6

Eir replied to an inbox msg I sent and this item will be held until she returns.   Thanks for all of your comments, interests, and concerns.

The fact that ur asking for 2g is absolutely screaming greedy shithead, mail it to daolin who is storing other stuff for her and close this thread, the fact ur selling this at all is so disrespect

Greedy? Nah just got the whole story once it was listed.  I spoke with a few people about it a week or two ago and they are respected community members who had no objection.  The scythe will be returned for free, I also placed a deed close by as a base of operations which will be given to Eir upon her return at no cost.  

• Like 2

Greedy? Nah just got the whole story once it was listed.  I spoke with a few people about it a week or two ago and they are respected community members who had no objection.  The scythe will be returned for free, I also placed a deed close by as a base of operations which will be given to Eir upon her return at no cost.  

Glad to see this resolve well

Well, there ya have it. All that ruckus for nothing. What a good, shithead samaritan! lol

Thanks a lot Tgod! Sorry for myself coming upon this thread with slight anger (that I'm glad there is edit button!)at you.