Sign in to follow this  
Horsch

Universal mailbox per character

MY SUGGESTION

Change the mailbox system to be universal, meaning linked to that character name on that cluster, not to the character name AND that server.

When an item is sent via mailbox system, it should be sent from the account, not that server/account. change the mailbox to be linked to the account like the personal bank, excluding the whole bank access to only one token type thing. 

For instance, you cant send items to a player C.O.D, change servers, and retrieve any unclaimed items you've sent. they are now lost forever unless you submit a support ticket or go back to that server.

Because the items are sent back to that character name, in that server that it was sent from. instead of just being sent back to that character name to be able to retrieve on any server in that cluster.

I'm not sure how the database is, but there should be a player id or something associated with each character, and that's how the mailbox system should be setup. that's just how I've always seen it in game databases.

Please let me know if you don't fully understand this suggestion. I can try to explain it in a different way. Thank you!

BACKGROUND

ok, so here is a brief issue i recently submitted a support ticket for.

in this example, i'll use ACCT-A and ACCT-B.

ACCT-A is in a PMK on Elevation.

ACCT-B is in JK kingdom on Serenity.

ACCT-B sends about 30 different items to ACCT-A via mailbox C.O.D of 1iron each with an option of if items are sent back, only has to pay a 10c fee per item to retrieve.

ACCT-B sends about 30 different items to ACCT-A via mailbox and pays the fee of 20c each.

ACCT-A sees all the notifications of items in mailbox.

ACCT-A retrieves all items that aren't C.O.D, no problems.

ACCT-A retrieves 14 of the 30 items that were C.O.D and paid 1iron + 20c fee. no problems.

ACCT-B changes kingdoms to same PMK and moves character to Elevation with ACCT-A.

ACCT-B is now in a PMK on Elevation.

ACCT-A returns 1 of the 16 leftover C.O.D items to the sender, ACCT-B.

1 week goes by

ACCT-B still hasn't received any notifications of mail, and nothing in mailbox when checked. item not returned.

support ticket was submitted as a bug.

chat log.

[21:15:15] <GM> Hello, GM responding to your support call 120979.

[21:15:43] <GM> I looked into this yesterday, and I saw a bunch of items that you mailed to ACCT-A and there is an item mailed form ACCT-A wiating for you on serneity

[21:15:52] <GM> you msut be the right kingdom to see it though

[21:16:16] <ACCT-B> oh, so if items are returned, they only return to that kingdom mailbox

[21:16:20] <ACCT-B> not the player.

[21:16:22] <GM> yes

[21:16:29] <ACCT-B> is that by design or ?

[21:16:33] <GM> well its marked to the player of THAt kingdom

[21:16:36] <GM> yes

[21:16:39] <ACCT-B> shouldn't it be sent back to the player?

[21:16:57] <ACCT-B> players cant have the same name in different kingdoms, can they?

[21:16:58] <GM> perhaps after so many weeks

[21:17:27] <GM> no, but it I think it is still marked for the kingdom

[21:18:05] <ACCT-B> so, i should make a suggestion on the forums that mailbox items should be mailed to the player only, and not player and kingdom?

[21:18:21] <ACCT-B> because wont those items be deleted after some time because i cant receive them?

[21:19:21] <GM> well, you ccan't mail items to enemy players correct?

[21:20:40] <GM> Making that possible would allow people to bypass that with alts and would get very ugly

[21:21:01] <ACCT-B> thats not true.

[21:21:12] <ACCT-B> i know plenty of players who are able to mail items to other kingdoms

[21:21:42] <ACCT-B> i've bought plenty of items from other players C.O.D from enemy kingdoms

[21:21:58] <ACCT-B> like, bought through the auction threads on forums, then they mailed it to me

[21:22:03] <ACCT-B> from BL to JK

[21:22:07] <ACCT-B> when i was a jk member

[21:22:29] <ACCT-B> but, it was also from the bl home server mail box to jk home mailbox

[21:22:38] <ACCT-B> maybe thats why i was able to receive and send items?

[21:22:53] <ACCT-B> but now, that i'm on elevation, enemy kingdoms cant send me items.

[21:23:01] <ACCT-B> also might be because im in a PMK

[21:23:25] <ACCT-B> i dont know for sure. but there are still bugs with the mailbox system if thats the case.

[21:23:39] <GM> ah

[21:23:45] <GM> I could easily be mistaken

[21:24:20] <GM> have you been back to Serenity to check the mail?

[21:24:32] <GM> let me see what item it is

[21:24:33] <ACCT-B> AND, when i sent the items from ACCT-B to ACCT-A, ACCT-B was jkh sending to ACCT-A on elevation House of Libila PMK

[21:24:39] <ACCT-B> and items went through just fine.

[21:24:55] <ACCT-B> no, i recently converted ACCT-B to the PMK

[21:25:02] <ACCT-B> which is no longer jk home

[21:25:17] <ACCT-B> and i returned one of the C.O.D items

[21:25:26] <ACCT-B> to see if it would be returned to me

[21:25:49] <GM> plate sabaton, steel (aosp58 Sale)

[21:25:51] <ACCT-B> so, instead of paying 20c + 1 iron on ACCT-A, i would have paid 10c on ACCT-B for the return fee

[21:25:56] <ACCT-B> possibly.

[21:25:56] <GM> that is waiting for you on serenity

[21:26:06] <ACCT-B> was only 1 armour item

[21:26:11] <ACCT-B> so that could very well be it

[21:26:34] <GM> based on what you said, I bet all you ahve to do is go to Serenity to get the item

[21:26:40] <GM> I know its server based

[21:26:48] <GM> but if its not kingdom based then all is normal

[21:26:49] <ACCT-B> yes, but i cant. I'm in a new kingdom.

[21:26:57] <ACCT-B> going back to serenity, i'm enemy kingdom now

[21:27:20] <ACCT-B> so i wouldn't be able to retrieve any items that were returned.

[21:27:35] <GM> you would need to get a mailbox setup you could access

[21:27:46] <ACCT-B> im going to go claim the other 9 items now before they are sent back as well

[21:27:47] <ACCT-B> haha

[21:27:56] <ACCT-B> i can access a mailbox here on elevation

[21:28:16] <GM> yeah those others are waiting on ACCT-A I think

[21:28:50] <ACCT-B> so, there are mutliple different mailbox servers? and each one is linked differently to that kingdom?

[21:28:50] <GM> yeah 16 items waiting

[21:29:09] <ACCT-B> why cant the mailbox system just be linked to the character instead?

[21:29:21] <GM> I have no idea about kingdom for any certaintly, but I do know for a fact that the server it is sent form is specific

[21:29:28] <ACCT-B> like the bank system, but make it the mailbox system

[21:29:40] <ACCT-B> oh

[21:29:40] <GM> that you will need ot make a forum thread about in suggestions

[21:29:46] <ACCT-B> ok :)

[21:29:55] <GM> all I know si that part is owrking as it is supposed to

[21:30:06] <GM> so if it is to change that is the first step

[21:30:10] <ACCT-B> so is there anyway you could retrieve that item from the mailbox on jk and put it in my mailbox on elevation?

[21:30:20] <GM> no I have no way to do that

[21:30:26] <ACCT-B> ok :(

[21:30:48] <ACCT-B> is there anyway you could grab that item or submit it to higher that could grab that item?

[21:30:56] <ACCT-B> and maybe put it into my bank or something?

[21:31:07] <GM> we cannot put an item into your bank

[21:31:25] <ACCT-B> blah

[21:31:30] <GM> and since that part of requiring you to go to the originating server is proper, we cannot interfere

[21:31:46] <ACCT-B> ok

[21:31:59] <ACCT-B> well, is it possible to make a mailbox on serenity as an enemy kingdom

[21:32:02] <ACCT-B> and enchant it

[21:32:05] <ACCT-B> and use it?

[21:32:19] <ACCT-B> would that mean i'd be able to retrieve that item?

[21:32:39] <GM> as far as I know yes.  let me check that out

[21:33:03] <ACCT-B> because, i was on JK last night and didn't receive any notifications in the event log about having to check my mail

[21:39:01] <GM> yep it should work jsut fine, mail is not bound ot a kingdom and you should be able to enchant a mailbox on serenity without issue

[21:39:59] <GM> is your pmk bl or wl based?

[21:41:29] <GM> unless you need dark spirits I think you oculd still use any mailbox to retrieve the itmes on Serenity

[21:44:41] <ACCT-B> bl based

[21:45:30] <ACCT-B> ok ty

[21:49:24] <GM> okay then you hsould sitll be able to enchant one for bl there

[21:49:29] <GM> you are welcome
Edited by Horsch

+1, i hate it that if you are cod something and you got another server you cannot accept it there if you were in another server while it was cod. For example 12.00 someone cod me and i am on Deli, at 12.10 i am at Indy so i cannot get the mail on Indy but have to go back to Deli to accept (and see the message). So yeah i think that system is kinda broken

+1 to tying it to the bank, per se. Do not like the fact that sometimes when I am awaiting a package, I am forced to stay on the server I currently am on just to receive it. 

I would not want said mailed item(s) to take up one or more of the meager 5 bank slots we are given.

Edited by As_I_Decay

+1 to tying it to the bank, per se. Do not like the fact that sometimes when I am awaiting a package, I am forced to stay on the server I currently am on just to receive it. 

I would not want said mailed item(s) to take up one or more of the meager 5 bank slots we are given.

i agree, unless the bank slots were increased dramatically.