Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Rare coin rewards, Xanadu Ore redistribution!

Is the rare 1s coin actually worth 1s? Or do you have to "sell" it at the token and get 5c for it or something?

@Kunalt: Confirmed on Exo atm, so I think all servers for sure

Edited by Lycanthropic

Is the rare 1s coin actually worth 1s? Or do you have to "sell" it at the token and get 5c for it or something?

@Kunalt: Confirmed on Exo atm, so I think all servers for sure

I would like to know this as well.    Is the coin worth 1s on a trader or merchant?  If you drop it in your bank, does it increase the bank by 1s?

I would like to know this as well.    Is the coin worth 1s on a trader or merchant?  If you drop it in your bank, does it increase the bank by 1s?

Ye i droped my rare silver coin in a bank and it worked as a normal silver coin

Ye i droped my rare silver coin in a bank and it worked as a normal silver coin

wow, nice O_o

Fellow villager got a rare 5c coin on xan.

Very good distribution system with these rare rolls. Just got a five copper coin

• Like 1

Is this rare coin thing only for Xana or for all servers?

All I believe

And they say the Dev's dont pay attention :)

Looks to be some nice fixes to a problem that needed fixing :P

• Like 2

Gotten a rare 20copper coin from a pig so far. Killed quite abit of stuff so far so it doesn't seem very common.

EDIT: Just got a another  rare 20 copper coin from a croc

Edited by Emoo

So pleased still with the creature counts slowly increasing on xandu. My guards are finally getting a little workout and i have some meat in the pantry along with skilling fighting butchering ect. Already a massive improvement than a couple of days ago!. 

i would like to see the 5c an hour cap lifted and a daily cap put in instead it would be much better. 

Edited by Kegan

I already noticed the creature count on Tuesday - seemed to hit a sweet spot immediately. I found wild animals as well as the usual spiders wandering around my deed, instead of me having to go and seek them out! If it stays like this, I'll be quite satisfied with the creatures of Xanadu. :D

Let's see how this new redistribution works - I like that it ties in with normal activities instead of selling corpses (which I of course never would have volunteered to do otherwise ;))... Kudos for this idea!

So is this for those times I farm a field and get the moment of inspiration which results in nothing, now will give a coin ?

This is really an amazing mechanic to address several issues.  But I have to ask, Isn't this going to pretty much guarantee that nobody buys silver (or at least very little) from the wurm shop?  Isn't this going to hurt Code Club's revenue stream if players can earn silver from just doing things in game?  

For all our sakes, I hope this does not happen.

This is really an amazing mechanic to address several issues.  But I have to ask, Isn't this going to pretty much guarantee that nobody buys silver (or at least very little) from the wurm shop?  Isn't this going to hurt Code Club's revenue stream if players can earn silver from just doing things in game?  

Rolf did mention that the money is coming from the pool, so there's a finite amount of it, which will decrease since not all the money spend on sinks is recirculated. If people stop buying silver then the pool dries up and stops giving out silver, forcing people to buy silver. Looks like it's mainly just a shift from traders being the main recirculation source to these actions, so it will probably balance itself out.

• Like 1

Rolf did mention that the money is coming from the pool, so there's a finite amount of it, which will decrease since not all the money spend on sinks is recirculated. If people stop buying silver then the pool dries up and stops giving out silver, forcing people to buy silver. Looks like it's mainly just a shift from traders being the main recirculation source to these actions, so it will probably balance itself out.

Well, he just manually added 40 gold to it out of nowhere, so not entirely true.

Edited by Judicator

Well, he just manually added 40 gold to it out of nowhere, so not entirely true.

Not just now, but months ago when Xanadu was added in June (it was June, right?). He did mention he's also retracting that 40 gold slowly again. So the amount of money being recirculated from gold sinks is currently probably lower than normal in order to compensate for the 40 gold.

Regardless of how well this works a huge +1 and thank you to the dev team. I really like the direction!

Well I was tired of feeding m y horses anyway...rofl

This could actually encourage some in land living...where the horses are...and climbing skill gains <---cause most of them are on mountains.

Edited by Calypsoi

I managed to get a five coin, copper and a twenty coin copper off a sheep and a cow while out hunting today.. I didn't have to butcher first I had a moment of inspiration upon the killing blow and received the coin both occasions. I of course still butchered the animal for skill gain and meat for cooking. 

Being a newbie to Wurm this is actually very helpful! I have no in game currency my roomy got me the gear I currently use lol with the exception of a few 30 QL tools I made myself 

coins.png

Its a limited pool of money. At some point it will be drained and very little will be given out via this feature.

And anyways, all of the money in the economy is bought by the players in the first place.

People invest 50s into a trader and get 1-5s per month back, this is apparently bad and people demand a change

People can now just simply kill animals, something they'd do anyway, and get so far almost 2s in a couple hours.  Potentially much better, potentially much worse.  This is apparently good and we're happy.

What.

• Like 6

I'm not happy.

Isn't this pool from the deed upkeep? At least with traders the silver was being returned to the players who were paying for deeds in the first place. If this messes with my trader earnings. I'll be forced to disband my deeds.

Does it remove from their pool?

Edited by Radni

Sign in to follow this