Sign in to follow this  
Elktazahjr

Bottom of trees/rocks flickering.. (video)

For some reason the bottom of trees keep flickering. This is most notable from a distance, but it also happens up close, and the flickering/vibrating that happens drives me crazy. I got a video which can describe it better than my words can. You can see it happening mostly from a distance in the video, but especially when winter is over and grass is back the effect is extreme. I have an R9 270x as GPU. I also noticed that rocks also have this flicker/vibrating effect, so it's not only the trees.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niR9mpL_DNc NOTE: Put the speed to 0.25. It isn't too visible in the video, but in the first few seconds you can quite clearly see it at 0.25 speed.

I tried playing around with all the settings to no avail. In my CCC all I have turned on is 16x filtering and 4x anti aliasing. Haven't touched compatibility settings. Also tried unstable client. This started happening ~ 3 weeks ago, I think. Maybe a little earlier.

Edited by Elktazahjr

Okay, just noticed this actually happens on all objects, even animals. I think it is a problem regarding terrain. Certain objects simply partially go through terrain.. When I take a step into any direction they pop out of the terrain, and when I walk again they go back in. This is what is creating the flickering effect.

Anybody? I have tried almost anything I can and the problem still persist. This can't be a problem on my side. Does no one else have the same problem?

R9 270x.. is that AMD? and for some reason.. i can't play your video but anyway... a lot of folks here say that Wurm has some issues with AMD... and I also have AMD.. before, my wurm graphics had some weird flickering too... all I did was to disable MultiDraw and GLSL shader support which you can find at the wurm game settings > Compatibility tab... try changing these settings on the launcher :)

I'm pretty sure it's not my card though, because I don't have this bug when playing on the test server.

yea I don't think that's the case too, but did you try turning off Mulitdraw and GLSL shader?

After looking around a little I am pretty sure what I am experiencing is "z-fighting", probably as a result of the new LoD updates. Still pretty lame that no developer is addressing this issue.

I am having seemingly the same exact issue on a new gaming rig. All foliage as well as rocks and some objects are flickering/wiggling with any movement; as well as water on the shore, some of the reflections of light, and distant trees. 

Nvidia GTX960 
Intel Core i5-6600k CPU 3.50GHz
16gb ram

Drivers are up to date, java is up to date, it's all running 64bit as far as I can tell. There is no other graphics card and running single display.  Everything loads fine and runs smoothly otherwise. 
Any suggestions on what sort of tweaks to make between the wurm options and the nvidia control panel options would be GREATLY appreciated as at this point although I am premium and have this rig, I cannot play it this way because flickering like this triggers migraines. Thanks in advance :) 

Concordia

Edited by Concordia