Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Let Mayor Rename Guard Towers on Deed

I am not suggesting to remove or change what is written on the plaque, but its sad that a new deed can be planted on an abandoned one but the guard tower still shows the name of a non-existent deed.

I would even be happy if the description were automatically removed if a guard tower falls outside of deed tiles, only that would not help me in my instance as the tower is close to the token.

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 5

I think this should be implemented because often on freedom, People will make guard towers as they build up their deed. And will name the guard tower something related to the deed name. This wouldn't be a problem except that a deed isn't permanant, whereas the guard tower is slightly longer lifespan.

There is a potential for abuse because you can drop a deed, rename a tower and then disband deed, but that would be avoided by reverting the name of the tower if that deed disbands, though I'm not sure how to do that mechanically, Atleast not without adding tons of extra coding and taking a while to work out.

I necroed this post. I really want to change the name of the guard tower on my deed and the bell tower as well. As mayor I don't see why I can't change it. What's worse is that the creator of the guard tower can walk on my deed and rename it whatever he wants and there's nothing I can do about it. Anyway, I own it now so I should be able to change it. Thanks

I think the part of this suggestion for the Mayor to be able to rename Guard Towers that are on deed tiles is a good one. I see no problem with this as the GTower creators name remains on the plaque.

The part that I don't like is having Guard Tower names auto-removed off of deeds. I have built a number of Guard Towers on perimeters and in free land areas and named them, so I would not like some mechanic that would auto-remove the names added at creation.

=Ayes=

-1 The name on the guard tower is up to the creator. Just because you plant a deed doesn't mean you own their creation. As stated above, if you want to name a tower, then build your own.

Are you talking about the name that you hover over???

The makers name should stay forever.

One of the more interesting things in wurm is the history left behind by people.  Nothing gives an area a bit of character like a few oddly named objects.

-1 The name on the guard tower is up to the creator. Just because you plant a deed doesn't mean you own their creation. As stated above, if you want to name a tower, then build your own.

It would be nice to re-name towers! Especially since on our deed me and my roomy allowed our villager to add the final brick to show gratitude for his hard work.. Well he left BL about 2 weeks after that!.. xD

+1 to rename

But why can't it have a made by tag as well?

Yes I totally agree leave the maker tag when examining it. As it is now the creator can log on and come to my village and rename the tower to anything he likes without any say from me at all. If I can't change it I would at least like to remove it to just say "guard tower"

Actually that doesn't make sense. If I plant a deed over a guard tower or anything else left behind I DO own their creation. I could rename almost anything they leave behind except the guard tower. But this is probably never going to be changed anyway so bash and rebuild will prob be the best method. Lol I mean really guys? With everything else in game you have to be against allowing a mayor to rename an object on his/her deed smh

no you don't. You may think you do, but you don't.

Yes I totally agree leave the maker tag when examining it. As it is now the creator can log on and come to my village and rename the tower to anything he likes without any say from me at all. If I can't change it I would at least like to remove it to just say "guard tower"

you can change it, if you bash it and rebuild your own tower, you can name it whatever you please.

I am bit surprised people would be against giving the mayor this minor level of control over tiles they purchased.

Edited by Elen

It's not about being against the mayor of the deed the tower resides upon, its about denying the creator their respective rights to name the tower they build what they please.

They had that right, and certainly could have deeded the land to protect it, but didn't.

It's not about being against the mayor of the deed the tower resides upon, its about denying the creator their respective rights to name the tower they build what they please.