Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Changes to the Sell system.

Well i call this system token sales but it is listed as just sell in the wiki..

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Sell

As you can see in this system they have a 5c per hour cap on it per person. What i am asking here is to change that cap to allow a daily cap be put in its place so i can get all of my days selling done in one sitting and be done with it and move on to my next chore on the to do list. 

Edit: Well i guess you can leave the 5c per 1 hour restriction on F2P accounts but give the premium members a daily cap with maybe better prices for their goods like..... 2i per 10ql + 2i maybe?

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

Good idea as long as you will not be able to get more than 50c per day.

Well i guess you can leave the 5c per 1 hour restriction on F2P accounts but give the premium members a daily cap with maybe better prices for their goods like..... 2i per 10ql + 2i maybe?

A daily cap sounds like a much better idea than an hourly cap. At least casual players will be able to benefit from it as much as people who can play the game more.

Of course the limit shouldn't be 24*5 then, a more reasonable amount of hours should probably be taken for the cap. I feel Warlander's cap might still be too high as that represents 10 hours per day, but it definitely shouldn't be higher than 50c.

• Like 1

I think maybe 20c per day might be okay for a daily cap. If you use it every day and there are funds available that day then the max you would ever get from it is 6s in 30 days (keep in mind that it is for premium only players F2P would still be 5c per hour) 

Edited by Kegan

I have given thought to this kind of system, but i think that even at a 50c / day cap, this will be way more money that the distribution pool could handle. If this type of change was done, I am confident that nearly every wurmian will access that 50c per day. Even if only 1000 players did, it would 500s per day. This would result in 150g per month.

I have given thought to this kind of system, but i think that even at a 50c / day cap, this will be way more money that the distribution pool could handle. If this type of change was done, I am confident that nearly every wurmian will access that 50c per day. Even if only 1000 players did, it would 500s per day. This would result in 150g per month.

I think 50c is extreme i think more like 20c per 24 hours is better and you have to keep in mind not everyone will take the time out everyday to deal with the 3sec timer to sell an 11i max priced item to a token.

Edit: Now granted a lot will take the time but i think it is more fair than the traders in the starting towns only getting the coins.

Edited by Kegan

There should be max monthly cap per player which would increase/decrease monthly depending on pool( like trader payouts ).

Increasing coin gains each item and daily cap would help players who can't sit all day and sell junk hourly.

• Like 2

Instead of a cap, how about a random reset on diminishing returns.  It could be from 2 hours to 24 hours, no one knows.  So you can check periodically how much your items are worth.  Also what if you could try and sell rares to it for larger amounts, but you don't know what your going to get, sort of a gamble.

Also, what about missions for money.  Kinda like how we have epic missions.  People who contribute to it are awarded based on their contribution with money in the bank?

• Like 1

I'd make two tiers of payouts. Use the current for random junk and items that are created higher ql and not imped, and make a better payout for items that are imped. Possibly restrict the latter to premium.

likewise, two regimens of caps. The premium has a daily and monthly of 50c/day and 5s/month. Non premium should be half that along with the current 5c/hr cap.

Far few players are going to willing sit feeding items to a token at the current price to empty the coffers. 50c per day, at say an average of 7i per item is 714 actions. That's 2143 seconds or just under 36 minutes. Anyone that is employed in real life and values their time is not going to sit and spam items into a token for a half hour for what amounts to the price of a cup of coffee.

Unless of course, we're talking about bots, which is real concern here. I'd hope that some serious effort is put into coding a safety net to catch non-prem bots. At the least, I hope they monitor where this money is going (prem non-prem) and if they see a non-prem ddrain they can isolate the accounts, or take actions of some sort. One way might be for non-prems to have a an actual permanent cap related to their total skills. A fresh toon might be able to slurp up coins until they get maybe a silver. but then, in order to get more coins they have to gain more skill. As long as the silver/skill ratio is harsh enough, bots and throwaways will be of limited use.

Edited by Othob Rithol

Also, what about missions for money.  Kinda like how we have epic missions.  People who contribute to it are awarded based on their contribution with money in the bank?

Personal daily/weekly missions based on player's skills as alternative to selling items for iron.

• Like 3

Personal daily/weekly missions based on player's skills as alternative to selling items for iron.

Very, very good idea! :D

Token selling is just dumb to begin with, why expand on it? 

We're supposed to play a game here, not spam selling to token for no other reason than gaining some measly coin.

Daily/weekly missions is a better idea, but only if they are fun. I don't want to constantly have the feeling I should have done some boring mission today, not to loose out on money.  

Even having coin drops from killed mobs would be better than the token sell system. At least something like that promotes adventuring. 

• Like 2

I'd prefer to call this system "secular sacrifice". :)

In one of the (other) threads on recirculation economics people stated that such a system needed to be fair. This lead to the (erroneous) conclusion that a fair system needed to share out it's dividends equally among all participants within any specific timeframe.

The secular sacrifice system (especially when the cap is adjusted) becomes just another chore for a small, calculatable income. Getting small amounts of silver in a reliable way will help with paying deed upkeep and running costs, and will be mostly used for such. I don't see it having a major effect on recirculation into the player-to-player economy, as some folks stated is essentially the aim and purpose of any recirculation system (such as the trader system, without which the player economy would dry out and fizzle).

So it seems to me that such a system is actually ill suited to fill the gap left by the diminishing trader returns.

Any system that gave bigger amounts of funds on a less regular and reliable basis creates spending opportunities for player-to-player trades that a player would otherwise have passed up on.

The secular sacrifice is also a really boring and unimmersive system :P, but like probably anybody else, I'm happily participating on an on and off basis for the pennies it gives.

Ideally multiple additional vectors for returning these funds to circulation get added (like the recent ones) providing a broad range of income sources. Selling to token will never, or at least should never, be lucrative. Optimally this system would encourage people to "sell" junk to the token instead of just dropping it, thus freeing up db overhead; and it would allow the newest players to discard their early works to build up coins so they can buy better gear from the market.

It won't work as a replacement to traders (and shouldn't imho) but could be part of a package (which includes traders) to spread the money far more widely and with a better reward/effort relationship than the status quo.