Sign in to follow this  
koroth

Chickens following Roosters [Fixed]

noticed we aren't able to lead chickens anymore. was told that they now follow roosters, which is a problem.... tested and found the following problems...

Can't lead hens regardless if they are tamed or not, and whether or not a rooster is near

Tame hen will follow a rooster, even if the person leading the rooster isn't the owner of the tamed hen (leaves possibility to steal other peoples chickens)

Now required to tame each chicken to move them to an individual tile to prevent diseased hens. (if they follow the order to move)

All chickens will follow a rooster if it will come within 3 tiles (another chance to steal)

Please test and reconfirm my findings, and fix asap...

Thanks.

• Like 2

Could someone in authority please say if this non-leading of chickens is a new glitch, or a new "feature"? And please tell WHY it was adjusted at all in the first place? With all of the things that are broken in Wurm, what was the impetus that led to making people be unable to lead the chickens?

• Like 1

I didn't realize this until I started leading my roosters out of the small pen. I wanted to separate just them out. Well got stuck with all chicks and hens behind. Of course I couldn't get them all back in small pen. So had to take them into a villagers pen not being used. Really hope they fix this.

Needs fixing, you end up with all our hens on 1 tile, and they are hard enough to care for without that happening. Also have a rooster that you get no lead option on also.

Oddly as a side note, I have a far higher amount of deaths at "old" age in hens too.

Edited by bluemoonrising
  • Like 2

I lead a rooster past a fenced and locked pen with a hen in it, and she just warped herself right over or through the walls or locked gates, to join that rooster... So I guess we got us yet a new method of griefing: take a rooster on lead, ride through a place where someone is happily holding hens, and suddenly that person has no hens anymore - deeded or not, locked in pens or not, deedsettings set whichever way, nothing matters, the person loses his/her hens and chickens...

• Like 1

My chickens are sick every day because of this. If I didn't have humid drizzle in a character they'd all be gone.

Had the same issue, chickens all piling on one tile and getting diseased; been suggested by a CM to try and glitch them in a wall and separate them after.

Luckily, I have 4 roosters (they still can be led!! thanks Batman!), I spread them 3 tiles away one from each other (in more or less a square shape), then I individually tamed each hen, issued the "Go there" command on different tiles, but also on the same 3 tiles radius around a rooster.

Ended up with each hen on its tile, healthy and following the God Father Rooster by her choice (as each hen has at least 2 roosters on said 3 tiles radius area).

I don't find it normally though, wasted a good amount of time and every now and then they change their position after a server restart, hopefully is going to be fixed soon, but works as a temporary solution for who doesn't have a Fo priest and doesn't want KFC for dinner either.

This is a silly change.  Please change it back so we can lead hens.  

• Like 2

Just another voice to say please fix this! Lots of diseased hens now and not wasting any more time on the process of taming and moving only to have them move around behind  a rooster again. Following the rooster is a cute idea that fits the hen's description, but in use this sucks big time :(

• Like 1

When I first started playing over 3 years ago, this was the behavior at that time.  In fact, it says so in wiki as well.  http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Hen

Then one day, without any announcement, the following stopped.  And just as it stopped previously, for some reason it just started again.

I've added an inquiry to the bug database to find out if this is a (new) bug or a fixed old bug.   

I've added a link to this thread as well.

• Like 2

Thank you Alectrys, I was wondering if we now have to lead a rooster at all times in case we see a hen we want to take to our deed.  I hope it is just a bug and gets fixed soon.

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 1

Thank you Alectrys, I was wondering if we now have to lead a rooster at all times in case we see a hen we want to take to our deed.  I hope it is just a bug and gets fixed soon.

Fairyshine, you don't have to have a rooster lead a hen, it just happens that if there is a rooster, the hen follows it and refuses to be led by you.  As Lolabelle said, you can just kill your roosters and you won't have to worry about leading your hens.  That's what I do as well since you don't really 'need' a rooster for anything (other than looks).

I have an almost equivalent amount of roosters and hens, but the hens are all in love with the same one, so they cluster around HIM and get sick.

I believe it's the Quorum aftershave.

Edited by LorraineJ

Sad to say I finally took the choice to kill all the roosters, problem solved, hens are now leadable again. Hopefully this will be fixed at some point so we can have the colourful roosters back again :(

• Like 1

I had to kill my 3 roosters yesterday. One was my baby that I hatched and just became mature yesterday. :( Now my hens are moved and not clustered.

[22:31:21] Kingdom is no known kingdom, leader is Mature fat rooster, hitched to none

[22:33:31] Mature fat rooster is dead. R.I.P.

[22:33:31] Adolescent hen stops following Mature fat rooster.

[22:33:57] Adolescent hen now follows Adolescent fat rooster.

[22:35:07] Adolescent fat rooster is dead. R.I.P.

[22:35:07] Adolescent hen stops following Adolescent fat rooster.

[22:36:23] Adolescent hen now follows Adolescent fat rooster.

[22:37:02] Adolescent fat rooster is dead. R.I.P.

[22:37:02] Adolescent hen stops following Adolescent fat rooster.

All my roosters are dead now, and the hen cannot 'latch' on to another.

I'll post if they still lay eggs without roosters.  I believe they will, but not entirely sure.

*edit* all my hens can now be lead

Edited by Lisabet

One thing I found yesterday, was moving 2 diseased hens made my young hen and chick follow the adult being led. I had to unlead one hen in separate pen and lead the chick and young back into pen with other diseased hen. Ended up having to kill her so young ones would stay put. I don't like that idea. How do we we separate diseased if any young ones follow?

I just kill off my roosters. 

Yep, resorting to this also. I have 4 roosters, yet all 9 hens want to follow only 1 of them. Must be the stud of the bunch. 

I have a hen that is following a male chicken, but the chicken is also following the hen sooo I cant lead either one of them. :P