Sign in to follow this  
fencejumper

Trees turning to birch

Had 2 willow turn into young birch trees yesterday.

this evening I noticed that one of my cedar trees turned into young birch, I had another villager come look at it, he said it still shows cedar for him, but upon examining, it shows young birch. He had been online for about 11-12hours, so the change occured sometime since he logged in.

None of the trees were even overaged, very old at the oldest. Not going to replant the correct trees till the bug gets fixed as I don't enjoy wasting saplings.

I have had at least one oak that I know of go birch as well. Thought it just died and a birch regrew in its place, but was weird cuz there are no birch trees on my island.

Worth mentioning that I've had atleast 1 grape and a pair of rose bushes turn into lavender. Alliance member also had that problem.

Yes - I have a bunch of grapes in a vineyard suddenly turning into lavender.

It's winter atm but you can still clearly see what is happening...

b69gw6A.png

This appears to have happened in the last couple of days - and there were no lavender anywhere to start with.

edit: I just checked our maple and cedar areas - these are suddenly producing lots of birch - maybe 30 trees so far.

Edited by Heboric

All the oaks I plant in my grazing fields are turning to birch now. I like to have the oaks because they kill off other trees around them. Plus someone told me they stimulate grass to regrow.

Update, Talked to a very helpful staff member, noticed some new things so i'll update them here. 

In an effort to help devs figure the problem out, I invite anyone to come visit Stone Citadel on Xanadu to check out these trees and see what you can find out.

I've placed birchwood flags next to the affected trees/bushes stating what kind they used to be.

Also recently discovered an Old Cedar tree growing in a spot that I'm 90% sure never had a tree there before. Marked that with a flag called "wtf new tree".

Another deed that would be available to look at is Valley Hold, also Xanadu. There was a large grape field that about a dozen grape plants have turned into lavender.

If the only the tree growing has been changed in the last patch than this exception

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 15
    at class.C73TmdaBsY.rbFTF9lpTa(SourceFile:117)
    at class.C73TmdaBsY.Ma4vZ9hcx8(SourceFile:112)
    at class.xo2VVhy5FA.Ma4vZ9hcx8(SourceFile:226)
    at class.P0dOrZVioD.Ma4vZ9hcx8(SourceFile:1163)
    at class.EW7RcVG3pA.Ma4vZ9hcx8(SourceFile:174)
    at class.qGftWALRCA.Ma4vZ9hcx8(SourceFile:938)
    at com.wurmonline.client.XU4A7KzrWy.iexN2x5i03(SourceFile:328)
    at com.wurmonline.client.XU4A7KzrWy.run(SourceFile:1466)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)

may belong to this topic.

It happened while loading scenery data (bushes). Possible different objects to the surroundings are:

- Oleander bush

- Camellia bush

- Lavender bush

My guess it happens when hovering over the Oleander bush.

PS: The problem has been fixed in the patch today. Thank you

Edited by Davidius

Bug still occurring. Logged in today on my deed in Xanadu and tree that was a Oak yesterday is now a young birch, and a willow has become a young cedar.

Both of these have occurred more than 24 hours after the notes on the launcher said that there had been a bugfix for tree growth.

Edited by Delone

My main decoration oak tree [which i planted at the time i started my deed] just turned to a cedar tree...

I had one very old oak tree turn into a young oak right next to my token sometime yesterday between 2pm and 10:30pm pacific time. 

Interesting. I noticed a bunch of new birch trees growing in an area that used to have exclusively cherries. And I eradicate birch. I just dont particularly like them (personal preference).

I just figured, I missed a few and they started reproducing. Now that I saw this, I believe also, that something is not right........

The birch bug was fixed and went live 2 weeks ago.

Locking this thread as the bug has been fixed.