Sign in to follow this  
SamuelRowe

Be able to remove snow from paved walking areas

I think it would be cool if we could remove snow from cobblestone like on the highways and on pathways. It would feel nicer to do this and possibly could be achieved by using a shovel -> remove snow. Anybody else think this is a good idea?

• Like 14

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

So you'll have to settle for my +1 lol.  Very solid idea.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

So you'll have to settle for my +1 lol.  Very solid idea.

Thank you :D

Hmm either a wemp broom or a snow shovel, to clear a tile of "winter graphics" and revert it to "autumn graphics" on that one tile only (once spring comes of course they all are spring). 30 second timer so no one is gonna clear off the entire server, but it may give our "I HATE WINTER" grumps a way to work off the steam.... if tthey really want to banish wintertime from their deeds, they now can .. or at least indoor floors and outside walkways if it is decided to not allow it everywhere.  Would flagging a tile as "snow_swept" be hard to program?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

One interesting thing I've noticed is that marble slabs and slate slabs don't gather snow, not sure how long they'll be like that, but I invested in slate slabs for that particular reason.

• Like 1

+1 I still like to use paving as base floor inside my houses, but it's snowing in ...>.> would love to remove that

• Like 2

Seasons are client-side thing only, -1 from me. Adding this would have more cons than pros.

• Like 2

Seasons are client-side thing only,

Are you saying I can get rid of snow somehow??

On 10/13/2014 at 3:00 AM, SamuelRowe said:

I think it would be cool if we could remove snow from cobblestone like on the highways and on pathways. It would feel nicer to do this and possibly could be achieved by using a shovel -> remove snow. Anybody else think this is a good idea?

..and have the snow to reset every 24hours with the server's daily reset? 'great' idea, bring the boring snow shoveling from RL to wurmB)

There must be more fun things to do in wurm than tending the roads:unsure:

* I'm fine with this as a 'decorative' mechanic.. for whoever wants to spend their time doing it.. but anything else's just ... why.. why.. just.. no.

On 10/13/2014 at 1:50 AM, Warlander said:

Seasons are client-side thing only, -1 from me. Adding this would have more cons than pros.

If it's client side, can't you just let us turn it off entirely??

• Like 1

With winter on Cadence, I’m again reminded that I wish I could shovel snow to clear the paved paths on my deed.

it's so bright that's hurting my eyes, need an option to remove the snow somehow maybe disable it like the custom creatures in halloween.

+1 I would love to be able to shovel or sweep the snow off my kitchen and feasting hall floors! Loving the wemp broom idea.

I like this idea. We can already gather snow this just enables the visual clearing of paved tiles (if I'm understanding correctly). Perhaps uncleared paved tiles would slow your movement? +1 for additional chores!