Sign in to follow this  
GoldFever

Remove King's Envoy Message from Traders on Xan

Given the current discussion about Xan traders, here is something that would be easy to do to make the current broken system a little less broken but without changing the mechanic. 

Just remove the King's envoy message so you actually have to go and check to see if any coin has been distributed. 

-1. Not because it wouldn't be a step in the right direction but because I'm really tired of slapdash fixes instead of actual ones

• Like 2

i applaud your effort.

if nothing else was done, it would be great to remove this message as its used in Wurm Assistant to set an audible alarm for the idle alts to scramble and drain the traders

But, the real solution is to completely stop this draining exploit/abuse

This is but a symptom of the problem: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/111876-shut-down-xanadu-trader-payouts-for-now/

Better think about new distribution system.

I think almost all of us can agree that this is what is needed.  Doubt it is going to happen overnight. 

The intent of the suggestion is something that can be done now. 

-1. Not because it wouldn't be a step in the right direction but because I'm really tired of slapdash fixes instead of actual ones

I agree with you, but I disagree. I want a proper fix but this can be part of it. they aren't mutually exclusive. I even mentioned this in my post in the other thread. (will add citation)

I think that if you have a working solution this shouldn't be needed. Not that this change will matter very much (as long as it's not forced onto the other servers, because if there's anything the game doesn't need anymore of it's uncertainty) but I think that a sensible solution should be able to function without this.

Edited by Aeris