Sign in to follow this  
Heboric

Shut down Xanadu Trader payouts for now.

Shut down Xanadu Traders until they are fixed?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Shut down Xanadu Traders until they are fixed?

• Yes
    • No

I am amazed by the realization that just a few people using Lord knows how many alts are camping Xanadu traders for the amounts that are being reported in this other thread.

This is totally ludicrous, and not to mention really unfair to all the other players paying to play the game, or even those with traders as they are elsewhere that use the money to host larger deeds, and more accounts, than they otherwise would.

But sitting at a trader camping a wiki feed or whatever with ftp alts farming over 2gold/month (according to several reports) per trader is really, really insane imo.

Personally I don't understand how this was allowed to continue past day 1 - and it should absolutely be halted now until a more equitable system can be devised.

Edited by Heboric
  • Like 10

I dont tend to use hyperbole or exaggerate too often but this is ###### *disgusting*--I feel that this is a cheat/exploit and is partially responsible for the collapse of the freedom economy because a much higher percentage of these funds go directly to Paypal and out of the game (instead of being recirculated many times over).

• Code Club loses
  • Honest players actually playing the game lose

Edit: added ###### as an adverb to underscore the severity of my disgust

Edited by Atlas

2 gold? 1 Trader? 1 month?  Sounds a bit uhm.. out there.

I assume these traders are Open to anyone, no?

If you don't want people doing this, don't let people access them but trusted friends.

Hell, I personally used to sail around Independence when I was new, I'd hit every trader I knew of that was Public.

I ended up with a gold in the bank.  I don't see anything wrong with it.

How do you propose they 'fix' the traders?  Don't let f2p use them?

Hah.

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 1

2 gold? 1 Trader? 1 month?  Sounds a bit uhm.. out there.

I assume these traders are Open to anyone, no?

If you don't want people doing this, don't let people access them but trusted friends.

Hell, I personally used to sail around Independence when I was new, I'd hit every trader I knew of that was Public.

I ended up with a gold in the bank.  I don't see anything wrong with it.

How do you propose they 'fix' the traders?  Don't let f2p use them?

Hah.

The only traders available on xanadu are the ones that are at the starter deeds. Difficult to block access to them.

Ah, I see.  I still don't see anything wrong with it.

Distribute Xanadu monies to all freedom cluster servers

Sure man; *ANYTHING* would work better and be more equitable than this

Someone mentioned having silver drop from mobs--even *that* would work better than this...currently this is totally f*ckd

Why not increase sell option payouts ? 

this wouldn't stop people from draining traders.

Considering the situation now doing the above, and simply opening trader sales on Xanadu as well would definitely help.

Maybe there is a better way to completely revamp the system but tbh I wouldn't know what else to suggest.

Reason why they generate so much money is because there are so few traders per number of deeds, thus thier income is just ridiculous.

Reason why they generate so much money is because there are so few traders per number of deeds, thus thier income is just ridiculous.

But placing a ton more traders would solve absolutely nothing, instead of 4s from 2 traders you'd get 4s from 4 traders.

But placing a ton more traders would solve absolutely nothing, instead of 4s from 2 traders you'd get 4s from 4 traders.

But that 4s would potentially be split among 4 people

But that 4s would potentially be split among 4 people

No, it wouldn't, it takes like 15 seconds max to drain one trader, it would still be the same story of one or two guys going around, draining then logging off. Placing more traders does not magically increase the amount of people draining them. Not to forgot this still does not solve anything in the sense of handing out free silver.

Edited by Elktazahjr

As long as it stops going to the traders and instead, for example, goes directly to the premium players. If it still goes to the traders then nothing is solved, it would just reduce the gained amounts a bit without solving the actual problem, most of the redistributed money going to a small group.

No, it wouldn't, it takes like 15 seconds max to drain one trader, it would still be the same story of one or two guys going around, draining then logging off. Placing more traders does not magically increase the amount of people draining them. Not to forgot this still does not solve anything in the sense of handing out free silver.

Not that it would solve everything but I think you are missing a rather large point.

Right now the traders are all localized in the starter towns - so yeah - if that's where they all are it's easy to camp them and quickly drain them. However - if people could normally buy them they aren't going to drop them there right? They would be spread out all over Xanadu - and even if they were all public - good luck with "zipping around in a boat" and draining them daily. ;)

We now have a method of gaining ingame cash that is not trader centric (selling junk at a token).

Remove trader silver regen entirely from ALL servers and across ALL traders say I.  It's abused constantly by the elite few and offers nothing to the rest of us.

• Like 1

Not that it would solve everything but I think you are missing a rather large point.

Right now the traders are all localized in the starter towns - so yeah - if that's where they all are it's easy to camp them and quickly drain them. However - if people could normally buy them they aren't going to drop them there right? They would be spread out all over Xanadu - and even if they were all public - good luck with "zipping around in a boat" and draining them daily. ;)

Well personal traders are a different story, but there are still only a handful of people that could afford 50 silver right now (and most of them are the people who have been draining the traders all day long...). In the long run it might be better but right now it won't do anything. And the people with the personal traders would have made a ridiculous amount of money by the time that their income is reduced. Also remember that if it's personal you can manage their ratios, and if you keep the ratios high they can make a ridiculous amount of money. I remember when pretty much no one knew about these traders I drew like ~ 9 silver from one trades in both whitefay and glasshollow.

Edited by Elktazahjr

Personally I don't understand how this was allowed to continue past day 1 - and it should absolutely be halted now until a more equitable system can be devised.

I made a /support call last week to ask the GMs about this, was told it's legit gameplay.

I would just go with let everyone that wants buy traders and go back to the old system.

• Like 5

I made a /support call last week to ask the GMs about this, was told it's legit gameplay.

Of course it's legit game play as it stands. The point is surely, is this what was intended to "fix" the trader system on Xanadu - which was what we were told.

I would surmise no, I simply can't believe this was the intention of Rolf, and wonder why as soon as he saw the consequence it wasn't shut down.

Edited by Heboric
  • Like 2

Remove all traders? REALLY?

And you will pay back the 50s we payed for our traders right? Or Code Club will? Somehow I don't see it happening ... though if they do remove them, I can see a lawsuit happening. I don't know why do you guys keep saying that only a handful of players can afford traders, not true. I bought mine purely from money made in game, no RL money involved. So instead of whining, go grind you skills and get to work and make some sales.

Edited by Nikab
  • Like 1

Remove all traders? REALLY?

And you will pay back the 50s we payed for our traders right? Or Code Club will? Somehow I don't see it happening ... though if they do remove them, I can see a lawsuit happening. I don't know why do you guys keep saying that only a handful of players can afford traders, not true. I bought mine purely from money made in game, no RL money involved. So instead of whining, go grind you skills and get to work and make some sales.

?

This poll doesn't say that at all.

And you didn't buy a trader on Xanadu?

Did you just wake up and need coffee?

• Like 1

We now have a method of gaining ingame cash that is not trader centric (selling junk at a token).

Remove trader silver regen entirely from ALL servers and across ALL traders say I.  It's abused constantly by the elite few and offers nothing to the rest of us.

I was reating to this comment, and yes coffee is always welcome  :P