Sign in to follow this  
Elktazahjr

Xanadu traders really need to be removed/nerfed

The amount of money the traders on Xanadu produce is simply ridiculous. And this is when they have horrible ratios because John and Mike drain them without putting money back in. Imagine how much money they would have with proper ratios..

Anyway, the money they produce right now is ~ 2 silver per trader per "tick" with ~ 0.1 ratio. Traders in most cities get these "ticks" ~ 3-4 times a day, which basically means about 8 silver PER TRADER (most starter towns have 4). Compare this to the 2-5 silver people on other freedom servers wait 1 month for.

I've drained them actively for the last 2 weeks and I managed to make ~ 40 silver. This is while there are a few other people also draining them daily, yet I manged to make like 2.5-3.5 silver a day. And this is only the last 2 weeks that I've actively drained them. I got so much money from putting some items in a trader's window I don't even know what to do with it anymore.

IMO this is an incredibly retarded and unequal way to distribute money (and I don't think it's hard to agree with that).

We seriously need a proper money distribution system. There's the sell to token but it's mind numbing work and has minimal payout compared to what trader campers can make, but it can be improved a lot by

1. Remove traders

2. Make selling to token a lot more rewarding and perhaps a slightly lower timer on it, and more money per item.

3. Make it premium only to prevent abuse. (Optional: Make it so f2p players have to work with the old 5 copper per hour 3 second timer, so they can at least make some coin)

This is only an example though, I would bet that any other money distribution system would be less ridiculous than these free money traders.

So, when is the money distribution going to be fixed guys?

Edited by Elktazahjr
  • Like 17

Wow, nice to see a trader drainer with a brain for a change. I will always +1 every thread on this topic, traders encourage antisocial play which is not something desirable in an MMO. Make people work for their money, rather than handing it to them.

• Like 4

Well they are working more like rolf intended them to work but now it only is being distributed to the ones camped at the traders and not everyone.  I think that yes if he is not going to allow everyone to have traders on Xanadu or make the change then they need to turn off the buying feature on them until they do figure it out.  

Granted with more and more posts about them there will also be more and more alts camped at the traders too, lol

Edited by Kegan

I don't know why they keep missing the obvious. There needs to be a cap that each account can drain from any trader(s) in a given time period.

Wow, nice to see a trader drainer with a brain for a change. I will always +1 every thread on this topic, traders encourage antisocial play which is not something desirable in an MMO. Make people work for their money, rather than handing it to them.

I'd say in some cases traders might encourage antisocial play, but apart from my upkeep, every coin I've made off of mine have gone back into buying goods/services from other people.  If I didn't have the coins from the traders, I wouldn't have earned the coins just to purchase some of these things, I'd have just made them myself (when possible).

I'd say in some cases traders might encourage antisocial play, but apart from my upkeep, every coin I've made off of mine have gone back into buying goods/services from other people.  If I didn't have the coins from the traders, I wouldn't have earned the coins just to purchase some of these things, I'd have just made them myself (when possible).

What's your point? I've got a crapton of silver sitting in my bank right now, and I don't plan on using it any time soon. You might be doing something good with the drained money, but that doesn't mean everyone does the same thing. I could even quit right now and it'd be a crapton of silver out of circulation. I'm willing to bet there are more people keeping it in their bank rather then spending it directly too.

What is wrong with being anti social in play style? What does that even have to do with traders? I'd set up a few if I knew for a fact they were not going to be nerfed into the ground like pvp has been. My shop does extremely well. I would not mind investing in traders for additional income. I'd love for Rolf to comment on his intentions for traders so I would know if I should invest or not.

I think one thing that may help put it back to being used how it was intended to be used is they need to adjust the prices traders pay for things.

Example a 50ql gem sells to a trader for over 2s closer to 2.5s if I recall correctly.

I feel like these prices need to be changed across the board to be about 50% of what a player sells these items for. That way new players that have a few things and want to make a few coins can go to a trader and there will be a better chance they could pick up some coins, as the experienced players currently draining would not waste as much time draining for 50% of what they could get selling things to another player.

This would make the 50ql gem sell to a trader for 25c instead.

This may take someone a lot of work adjusting the formula for what traders pay for items to get it to the, pretty much standard at this point, price that players charge for things.

Now the items that they pick up should then sell back at at least 150% of what players charge. This to keep player from losing their normal profits selling their goods.

Edited by Calypsoi
  • Like 1

I have already said it a few times before. The money distribution on Xanadu is totally messed up, and since the biggest part of the distribution is going on on Xanadu, as a whole the distribution is seriously crazy. All the silver is going into the pockets of only a few players right now, so imo the "new" and improved trader system (for Xanadu only) is as far away from an improvement as it can get. It is even worse than the old system, where you at least had to buy a trader, and because of the large number of traders, you would only get a fraction of what the Xanadu-drainers are getting.

I am not wasting time making suggestions for better distribution as Rolf already said when he announced this system for Xanadu, that plans for other types of distribution was in the works. I just wish those new types would get implemented already.

Removing the event message about the Envoy purchasing items would probably kill the OP. I think he is the guy that has an alt in every single town that just stands there in the same spot doing nothing all day. I mean cant a GM just go around and ban toons that are obviously bottong for messages.

• Like 1

Yes, please remove the traders until a sensible solution can be found/is in place. Those guys have tons of silver and it mostly goes to a few people that play the camp-the-trader game with their F2P alts.

Even distributing the money through drops from goblins and trolls and lava fiends is better than the current trader camping. :)

Removing the event message about the Envoy purchasing items would probably kill the OP. I think he is the guy that has an alt in every single town that just stands there in the same spot doing nothing all day. I mean cant a GM just go around and ban toons that are obviously bottong for messages.

Heh - I don't know if OP is the one, but I do know what you mean. He could also be one of the ones who can't run that many characters at the same time, so logs in in one starter city, runs around to the 4 traders, logs out, then logs in at the next city..... nah, most of those players don't seem to have getinfo, as I found it weirdly amusing to observe them logging in every 12-15 minutes and doing that over and over again, while I knew the ratio to be less than 0.1 (And one of those toons just standing around could have been me, when I did my original test of these mechanics and how players used them - and speaking of those tests: The traders don't receive money 4 times a day each from what I saw. But around 2s each time is right. Just went and checked now: around 2 weeks since the last reset and the traders have spent around 20s - so less than 2s been drained per day per trader. That is still 8s a day per starter city for one lucky/tenacious toon to collect).

But yeah, I agree with you on the envoy message. It only benefits drainers that don't even have to check to see if the traders have gotten money, but can set WA up to notify them when there is silvers to drain again.

Nah, I honestly can't be bothered with that, though I admit that's exactly what I'd do if I had more time and the will to actually do it, until this abomination gets nerfed.

Edited by Elktazahjr

Well at least loggin in runnin around actively checking is somewhat playing the game, standing there waiting for wurm assistant to notifiy you by sound while you do other things around the house is botting/macroing imo.

Even distributing the money through drops from goblins and trolls and lava fiends is better than the current trader camping. :)

Maybe rewards for suggestions that get implemented?

What I find amusing about all of this is that half of the community were all smiles and happy of the ruling against personal traders on Xanadu, but what they failed to think about was the fact that there were going to be public traders placed on the map.

Now we have even fewer people getting rich quicker because they are the early bird to manipulate the system. And i'm not surprised they're pulling massive amounts of coin out of the traders, as Xanadu has a ton of coin from upkeep coffers, but has no way to distribute it. 

Basically, this kneejerk "fix" of restricting players from planting traders on Xanadu has made the situation worse. Before, you had half and half... some were getting kickbacks (because they opted in), some weren't. Now, it's a handful of people (1-2%) getting all the kickbacks.

• Like 3

I don't know much on the Xanadu end of traders, but I know the old traders extremely well.. what the OP suggests seems valid and worthwhile looking into.

Tbh I was surprised that traders on Xanadu dished out coin at all since the whole point of removing personal traders was to avoid all the trader nonsense. The fix is quite terrible: Why isn't the silver being recirculated back into upkeep instead of divided between a bunch of public traders?

Edited by Aeris

amazing

someone should make a Suggestion to remove trader draining from Xanadu, add a Poll to it, im sure you'll see >90% in agreement

just about any other possible way would be better for currency distribution than this

Or you know, Instead of limiting the people who can drain the traders to those that camp them with F2P alts, just put trader contracts on the traders and use the old system. It wasnt ideal, but it was better then this.

• Like 1

I found it very disturbing when some weeks back another person who was very familiar with the Trader draining system remarked that they had drained 70 silver from the Traders at Vrock. Now this OP reiterates basically the same situation.

Sure, it is a good thing that personal Traders with their then necessary deed are not able to be placed upon Xanadu, to eliminate this portion of the Trader draining system; however, then to channel all these silvers onto the Traders at the starter Villages resolves nothing, other than eliminating the need to place Trader deeds to obtain this silver.

Obviously those who have been taking advantage of these silver handouts were not about to be making topics like this to bring this to the forefront of the forums attention, so I commend the newer relatively unknown OP here for making this post.

So I will repeat myself here once again by stating that the Traders upon Xanadu should not be able to purchase any items from players. Nor do I see the need to replace this silver handout system with another, since their are other ways within the game to earn silver which are not detrimental to its profitable existence and encourage player participation, rather than dependency upon "charity".

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Instead of taking my money and giving it to the lazy people, make everything cheaper. Discount upkeep and anything else that might go into the kingdom pool by the amount that was being redistributed. Stuff purchased form the trader make it 25% cheaper instead of having to drain it back off. Reduce premium costs back to what they were before the increase instead of making silver obtainable from tokens and traders. Then maybe  you sell more silver to make up the difference.

• Like 1

I know I should know better by now, and mostly the game doesn't manage to shock me these days whatever dumbass thing falls out of the sky - but I have to admit I was incredulous when this thread showed me actually what the Xanadu trader "fix" amounted to.

I really don't know what to think anymore.

LOL I just went through esteron earlier... 3 campers in one city, this thread got the campers excited

• Like 1