Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Utility Spells

Lets be honest.  If magic were real, we would not be cleaning our houses, we'd be enchanting brooms and the like to do it for us.  Magic to make our lives easier as it were.

This is not really the case in wurm, magic makes life so much harder for the priests.  So below are a few utility spells that I think would be nice for all priests to have (great for low level channeling grinding rather than just "bless, bless, bless".

Name : Ignite

Faith Required : 30

Favour Cost : 20

Difficulty : 20

Effect : When cast on a furnace/oven lights a fire, when cast on a tile creates a campfire on that tile (difficulty 40).  The power of the cast denotes the weight of fuel the fire starts with (Power/4 seems reasonable).

Name : Uproot

Favour Cost : 20

Difficulty : tree-level * 10

Effect : When cast on a tile with a tree removes the tree completely (no wood is given).

Name : Scarify

Favour Cost : 10

Difficulty : 10

Effect : Removes grass/moss/mycelium on a tile.  Can remove hedges at 10 favour per growth level of the hedge, difficulty 20.

Name : Spring

Favour Cost : 30

Difficulty : 10

Effect : When cast on a container fills the container with 1 unit of water.  Very rarely can conjure up source instead (1/1000)

Name : Preservation

Favour Cost : 30

Difficulty : 30

Effect : When cast on cooked food (stew, meal etc, not cooked meat) it acts as a buffer to decay (so when the food would take a decay hit this enchantment does instead).

Name : Lightstone

Favour Cost : 40

Difficulty : 30

Effect : When cast on a source crystal causes the crystal to change into a light emitting stone for (cast power) mins.  The QL of the source crystal denotes the QL of the lightstone.  Lightstones can be re-enchanted, but take damage each time this is done (they cannot be repaired).    (This is quite similar to a mag spell, but it does have a material component to balance this).

Any other simple utility spell ideas would be welcome!

Edit : (idea of LorenaMontana)

Name : Natural Restoration

Favour Cost : 10

Difficulty : 20

Effect : Cultivates a packed tile, grows grass on a dirt tile.

Edited by Etherdrifter
  • Like 3

+1 

Also a spell that Cultivates a tile pls. BL horses eat mycelium now but as soon as they pack the tile we are .

+1 

Also a spell that Cultivates a tile pls. BL horses eat mycelium now but as soon as they pack the tile we are ######.

Simply making fungus work on packed tiles is good enough.

Going to bump this thread since I reckon priests could really use some nice things and none of these break balance.

Does anybody solely play a priest though? I'm all up for content, but a lot of these just seem like fluff, but if it cost nothing to add then I'm all for it. I wouldn't put it ahead of anything else in development though.

+NA

A couple of these seem a little redundant, but aside from that this is a great idea.

+1 from me

Would really like to see a use for Favor for a follower tbh, and spells like this could be quite cool, nothing that can be useful in PvP just little utility spells that can be seen as like a small boon from your god able to be cast occasionally

• Like 1

+1, at minimum provide a spell that lights an oven or forge without steel and flint even if it still requires kindling

Edited by Gaffer

Minor spells costing 10-30 favor for followers sound like a good idea, especially if followers get slower favor regeneration than priests, so it's just an every-once-in-a-while convenience thing.

• Light token - lights a torch, lamp or candelabra with a fuel source equivalent to the power of the cast.  5 favor
  • Tend - tends a crop or prunes a tree with a skill equivalent equal to power of the cast.  5 favor
  • Improve - attempts to improve an object based on the power of cast.  Improve chance based on skill of actual craft skill and power of the cast. improve cost is (10 favor + Item ql) ex: so to improve a 10ql item is 20 favor.

I'll come up with more, but this is my 2 irons