Sign in to follow this  
junkkmann

priests

Thinking about priesting my alt.  The guides in the Wiki say to get pottery and rope making up to at least 20.  But they arent listed on the skills that you cannot perform.  Do you not gain exps in skills besides priestly skills?  Not getting it I guess.  Please enlighten further.

thanks!

You do gain them but it's harder to gain skills as priest as you can't improve items. Improving gives the best gains.

I'd go much further than 20 on whatever favor grinding skill you choose. All are easier before becoming a priest.

Can't improve ropes anyway, so disregard that part of the suggestion.

With that said, I ran my priest for a few months with premium before he went to the WL to start his pilgrimage (it was in the old days, when that was the only way to priest). I skilled as many of the skills he wasn't going to be able to use in the future that I could, just for the characteristics.

Edited by As_I_Decay

I'd go much further than 20 on whatever favor grinding skill you choose. All are easier before becoming a priest.

Except locksmithing. That's a pain for everyone ;)

Can't improve ropes anyway, so disregard that part of the suggestion.

No you can't, but you can and you should improve nettraps, it gives better skill gain in ropemaking, than making bowstrings or ropes.