Sign in to follow this  
Caroligan

More versatile permissions for boats, carts and wagons.

I've suggested this before but once again find myself paring down my friends list for the sake of vehicle security.

I would like to give some members of our alliance, but not all, and some members of my friends list, but not all, permission to use my large carts and boats. Right now it's all or nothing for village and friends which forces me to reduce my friends list to only those I want to use my vehicles. 

Some people you may run into seem like decent folk on the outset, but if we friend each other to keep in touch and converse at a later date that should not automatically give them the right to access my boats, wagons or carts. This should be reserved for people that have proven their intent and trustworthiness, not any random player that throws you a friend request.

I suggest changing the vehicle management and permissions to be similar to those of a building writ or mine door.

Edited by Caroligan
  • Like 6

I have always thought it should be like a mine door. You can add individual names to them without being "friends," allies, and/or villagers.

• Like 1

+1 , maybe something similar to house writ?

I'd actually change everything to a hybrid writ between mine door and houses.

Something that instead of having to get someone on your friends list (even though its far easier now) you simply add their name to the writ via a Input box. Someone made a good bid at a UI example for it not too long ago in this forum.

I'd actually change everything to a hybrid writ between mine door and houses.

Something that instead of having to get someone on your friends list (even though its far easier now) you simply add their name to the writ via a Input box. Someone made a good bid at a UI example for it not too long ago in this forum.

Yeah, that is a good way also. The main idea is that you can add specific people instead of all your friends, village or ALL as it is now.

Didn't someone (Aeris? Spellcast?) have a realy nice mock-up of this sort of thing?

Anyway, all for it. I'd like a standardized form with a blank to add names.

Yes this really is a big issue for me to. I try to invite new players all the time so when i get a newbie that can get in my cart due to village settings its very annoying. Especially when some think its fun to pop in and out of them and drive you crazy. So I AM all for it , hell i would go far as to say to add permissions to forges.

• Like 1