Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Wurm World News - Emergent Stories Ep1

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxnoDqeBex8

Welcome to the Pilot Episode of Wurm World News.

The show about the Wurmians!

If you want to view it in higher resolution just press the youtube icon and follow the video over to youtube.

I am exited to hear what you think about this new show and feedback.

I already know I could be a better actor hehe but hey I am working on it ok? ;)

What would you want to see in a future video?

Also, if you want more of WWN please subscribe to our youtube channel, like and share the video.

Please show your support for Stormray, creator of "Wurm Online - BlackLight Epic News".

Who has lent us his great voice for the Newspring segment.

Thank you for your time Wurmians!

• Like 44

"What would you want to see in a future video?"

Recruiting vids for faction specific kingdoms. BL, JK, MR and even Abralon.

Which can either being given handed over to you [the Devs] or done by the actual PMK owners.

Edited by Easter
  • Like 1

At first I read "Wurm World News - Emergency Stories" and was like, damm did you screw up the DB?

To my relief it was this awesome video. Just a perfect to mix @RedBaron_Johan editor skills and @Stormray radio guy voice.

Good Job!

• Like 4

Very nice!  It almost inspired me to sail off to Newspring.

Not being critical here, but your accent changes the word multiplayer into mooltiplayer, try to go from the moo to the ma :) 0:36, Great hopes for this show, maybe my deed will be on there one day

So now that the lands have been depicted on globes, will Chaos be connected to Release and/or Pristine?

Edited by Galatyn

Not being critical here, but your accent changes the word multiplayer into mooltiplayer, try to go from the moo to the ma :) 0:36, Great hopes for this show, maybe my deed will be on there one day

Hahaha it is hard to get away from the "moo´s" when you are from Motala ;)

• Like 7

new sounds?

Probably refering to me using some alternate sound effects for the video.

But I will be starting on doing more sound effects for the game now as well.

There are some creatures in dire need of some for sure hehe.

• Like 2

Nice video, but I miss there one important thing - subtitles. I can read and write English, but not listen to. I was able to catch some words only here and there. So, what I understand from it was, that using constant echo effect on broadcaster voice, while camera is moving in changing enviroment, is not best solution. :rolleyes:

All other aspects of this movie looks great, especially i like camera movements and stops.

And to subtitle. I know, it is my personal problem. But I believe, there are more Wurmians and even non Wurmians, who can only read/write English and subtitles could be very helpful for us, thanks.

• Like 2

I think this would be cool if there was some space on the website, or a minisite, to include written submissions or something too. Audiovisual stuff is great, but I think it would be well-complimented with some short "spotlight" articles. Maybe some player interviews too, because it would help to further publicise the myriad of emergent stories that come out of this game.

Oh, and, as before, you guys (Office) need to invest in a better microphone! Stormray's is very good.

• Like 1

I don't get it... Is this a news feed for recruiting new players to a deed is there going to be a new deed featured in every video?  I guess i am just not seeing your vision for the long term of this news feed.

Now granted i know that a deed with 200 players as members is something we don't see everyday but i just don't understand the vision of this and what its goals are going to be in the long run. (to me this one just seems like an elaborate recruitment video more than anything about wurm itself really)   

Edit: I guess i was more expecting the history of wurm itself like the back story on the gods and the past of wurm and not just about what the players are doing each week. Something else that went through my mind that might be fun is a way to see what is happening on Valrei with mock battles and stuff. (granted i know that would be a lot of work but would be really cool)

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 3

Blasphemy, lands of wurms are not round they are flat.

• Like 6

very nice! If I didn't have a place to live already I'd be very tempted to move there.  Well done!

I quite like being able to see interesting villages like that in a video, especially from the perspective used there (from above). I'd love to see more settlements featured like this.

• Like 3

this is rich..absolutely love it!!! this is a new platform code club can use to advertise/promote wurm online and educate.  perhaps a successive tutorial of setting up a deed.  have feature articles and videos not just out on youtube but to spruce up a facebook page..show links on wurm home page to these feauture articles...video links like these on the home page would go along way to showing someone what wurm is..and hooking them in the game...pictures evoke and explain alot that words can't or don't..video even more powerful.  Excellent highlight on newsprings!!!  want to see MORE of these..very very nice.   perhaps Gumbo's stories coupled with a video...would love to see bahsonson's cart with the rake attached..uncovering how he managed to harvest so much...or the Gnome army tunnel project conspiracy...oh..the possibilities are endless..wurm's version of the news report "The Onion"

• Like 3

I think everyone else has voiced my appreciation for me - this is great and am looking forward to seeing more.  I especially loved the editing of the gameplay.

My only piece of advice is, since I give a lot of presentations at work, that a little more practice is needed on the oral intro, maybe just some editing also so that there are fewer pauses and note checking.  Especially if you are planning to use this as advertising material for the outside world.

Other than that I loved it, I'd also like to be able to get the birds eye view of my deed, so if any GM is passing... please feel free to record! :-)

Excited for the next edition!

• Like 2

Loved the video, I knew that Newspring had a large city there, but I didn't imagine it was that vastly populated. The story about the champion that wiped them out made me laugh(although it was really that they painted a cart with it's blood in remembrance), I'm sure every Wurmian has a story like that.