Sign in to follow this  
MarkSilard

Fix Hunt of the Ancients tournament on Chaos

In real world a  tournament is a competition between several opponents.

Wurmpedia says this :

'The Hunt of the Ancients(HotA) is a contest invented by the deities in order to reward bravery and strengthen the soul of humans by luring them into danger.'

Currently we have situation that one kingdom on Chaos control most of the landmass, including area around HoTA arena. It's almost impossible for other kingdoms to go to tournament without getting killed by them because they have group of  several high ranked players which  are participating in almost every HoTA event.

Now HoTA is not contest or competition  between 2 kingdoms. One powerfull kingdom goes in, wait for pillars to show up, conquer them and get their price which they sell on other servers to for the benefit of their kingdom.

My suggestion have 4 things in mind:

1:  HoTA tournament can't start if there is only one kingdom in arena  ( this is most important, without this, there is no tournament )

2:  archery and spell casting is disabled in arena

3:  players wearing plate, drake and scale sets can not enter arena

4:  enchants on armor and weapon are disabled in arena

1:  HoTA tournament can't start if there is only one kingdom in arena  ( this is most important, without this, there is no tournament )

What

2:  archery and spell casting is disabled in arena

What

3:  players wearing plate, drake and scale sets can not enter arena

What

4:  enchants on armor and weapon are disabled in arena

What

These are my thoughts

tl;dr -1

• Like 6

I know what your intent is with this, to break MR's stranglehold over the HotA on Chaos. IMO this should be done by other kingdoms actually contesting it. Yes, MR own most of the area. Yes, this makes it harder. But not impossible. Nicrolis and Rosedragon won a HotA for BL recently, for example.

Get a team together, actually treat it like the PvP event it's supposed to be, contest it and win some. Stop expecting to hobble MR without actually doing something.

• Like 3

+1 when edit in OPt: people wearing Armour, weapons or have the intention of a fight can not enter the HotA area.

• Like 1

I think you have 2 separate issues there and should make 2 threads or it will get bogged down fast.

1 - combat inside hota.

2 - travelling through an opposing kingdom to get to the hota.

I like this suggestion

However, MR have done the hard work in securing the hota area by placing a number of deeds situated around it.

I'm all for a better chance at competing for moon metal, but really, we need to kcik some butt and get in there and do it ourselves.

• Like 4

Add HOTA to pve server and problem solved.

You wont get killed here, but maybe get a hug.

I like this suggestion

However, MR have done the hard work in securing the hota area by placing a number of deeds situated around it.

I'm all for a better chance at competing for moon metal, but really, we need to kcik some butt and get in there and do it ourselves.

This.  I also agree that the HOTA shouldn't go on if its not contested as it keeps the intent of it being a PVP tournament.

-1  next thing you know, he'll suggest its for non prem accounts only...

Fight like a man dont hide behide your dirtwalls

Edited by puin
  • Like 2

This.  I also agree that the HOTA shouldn't go on if its not contested as it keeps the intent of it being a PVP tournament.

so you stop someone winning by..... not turning up?

go there, fight.

f you don't like the odds withdraw and come back with a larger force for the next one. There have been plenty of HotA where MR have at most four players participating. Bring six or eight and have a numerical advantage.

• Like 1

Instance it.

Add a hota portal that can only be made on chaos, it sends you to a hota server.

That solves the problem easily.  But wouldn't that reduce the pvp done on the actual map?

• Like 3

-1  next thing you know, he'll suggest its for non prem accounts only...

Fight like a man dont hide behide your dirtwalls

I can't see in my suggestions any combat avoiding.

Instance it.

Add a hota portal that can only be made on chaos, it sends you to a hota server.

That solves the problem easily.  But wouldn't that reduce the pvp done on the actual map?

Just imagine if you also allowed such portals to be created on Freedom servers too, all of them linked to the same hota server as Chaos. It might just result in a large net increase in pvp. As for how that would work kingdom wise on Freedom, you could probably make it team based. (so a team from Freedom would be converted into a temporary kingdom if they entered a hota server. If you are on Freedom and aren't in a team, then you can't use the portal)

And suddenly you make pvp more accessible to players on the freedom server, without forcing them to expose their deeds to griefing and without having to travel for hours to get to the contest zone.

This format could even be used for many other competitive mini games. Considering how spread out the community is over way to many servers, I don't think it's a bad idea.

• Like 2

-1 to all the OP's suggestions.

+1 to the idea of HoTA portals, even to Freedom servers. Aslong as they have a 5min timer to use coming back from Chaos (same as a logout timer) so that they can't be abused to avoid PvP.

• Like 4

-1 -limits like that can only exist on Freedom-

2i75nro.jpg

The fact that MR had the chance to claim all the land around HotA and maintain that position is only because of the other kingdoms on Chaos. When I joint the game the north side was controlled by JK, and the west by FI. It is not that a kingdom got given the HotA, what you see here is a superior strategy beating an inferior one.

This situation is 100% created and solvable with the same pvp mechanics, perhaps diplomacy can do wonders too.

Wurmpedia also says you can add concrete up to 40 slope, guess what? You cannot.

Did Black Legion not win hota a few weeks ago?

+1 with instanced HOTA. But HOTA for freedom should be fleshed out more (except they are certain kingdom on chaos), else there gonna be some more fighting who going to have the loots.

My only reason of not doing much HOTA is the enemies territory around it. Come back with larger force on HOTA? yeaaah.. well it is a win, but no close safe place to go back. I did win HOTA once, but it was uncontested and we don't really have a way to get back home safely, beside going out of HOTA and teleport. I could nest ideas of going HOTA with 6 people or something, kill the contestants, and win it, but then what? Facing enemies back up force that teleport to the HOTA deeds? And that is, assuming a chance of win, I don't think this kind of tactic can be used repeatedly by smaller kingdoms. :)

Surely there is argument of 'then capture those territories and expand!' I would agree, except that don't forget this is not instant, or fix the solution. It just means someday, it could be different kingdom that 'own' HOTA.

• Like 2

Approximately how many crayons do you eat per day mark? You idea is whaccky and implausible.

Approximately how many crayons do you eat per day mark? You idea is whaccky and implausible.

I feed him rockshards and rotten catapulted meats not crayons.

• Like 1

When the Hota first came out it was put on the east side of the map, right next to 2 or 3'JK villages one if which was one of JK oldest standing deeds HSB. When we asked of it could be moved into a more central fair position we got laughed at by both Rolf and JK.

So what did we do? We moved closer and took it by force. It wasn't an over night job but kne we have been working on for 2 or so years.

If you want to contest the Hota, contest it.

Edited by Redd
  • Like 3

There is no need to insult me, please.

+1 to Instance and include Freedom. Allot more people would hop over for some quick pvp fun.

Edited by Chiqa
  • Like 1

In the title you put 'fix'.

Theres nothing broken about it,just l2p :)

Rosedragon/nicrolis managed it ;)